Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Alternative to Yasaka YEO Ma Lin CPen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yhbae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yhbae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternative to Yasaka YEO Ma Lin CPen
    Posted: 04/20/2015 at 12:44pm
I currently use Yasaka YEO Ma Lin CPen blade with Butterfly Flarestorm 1.9mm on the FH and Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.2mm on the backhand. I stay close to the table and my main attack is hard smash and a bit of soft looping when needed. I also block hard using the FH side, will push block whenever possible. I only use the RPB side to attack - zero blocking on that side.

I've been happy with this setup but recently I've noticed that my last two orders of YEO CPen has been far different from what I've been getting in the past. Both of them are significantly faster and it produces 'ping' sound which is very annoying. Feel is completely different. I purchased these from two different vendors.

Given this, I'm thinking of switching to a different, perhaps a more reliable model. I believe what I'm looking for is a similar model, meaning, stiff, light but produces some feeling for delicate control near the net.

Can anyone recommend a blade or two that fits this description?
Sponsored Links

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by yhbae yhbae wrote:

I currently use Yasaka YEO Ma Lin CPen blade with Butterfly Flarestorm 1.9mm on the FH and Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX 2.2mm on the backhand. I stay close to the table and my main attack is hard smash and a bit of soft looping when needed. I also block hard using the FH side, will push block whenever possible. I only use the RPB side to attack - zero blocking on that side.

I've been happy with this setup but recently I've noticed that my last two orders of YEO CPen has been far different from what I've been getting in the past. Both of them are significantly faster and it produces 'ping' sound which is very annoying. Feel is completely different. I purchased these from two different vendors.

Given this, I'm thinking of switching to a different, perhaps a more reliable model. I believe what I'm looking for is a similar model, meaning, stiff, light but produces some feeling for delicate control near the net.

Can anyone recommend a blade or two that fits this description?

where did you get the faster YEO's? describe the feeling,,stiffer or flexier?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 6:30pm
Adidas avenger 5
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic