FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

"All About Tenergy" BTY Science Infomercial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "All About Tenergy" BTY Science Infomercial
    Posted: 04/24/2015 at 5:42pm
Found this on ButterflyOnline.com, well-made little video on Tenergy's development and background - check it out!

Edited by schen - 04/24/2015 at 5:42pm
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Sponsored Links

acid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 6:57pm
yes very impressive with all the fancy technologies !

But $70 for a piece of rubber is way bit too much don't you think ?!
and it's only last for 3-6 months (playing 2 hrs everyday) not a LIFE TIME :(

$40 is a reasonable price :P
if Life is short, play Ping Pong to make it longer :P
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 8:47pm
João Monteiro using Tenergy 80 hahaha. That will be the day. It's all about Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 64. If they discontinued 80 and 25, nothing of consequence would happen to table tennis.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
rajd1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rajd1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 11:05pm
I was really curious about T25. Has anyone tried it? Why no professional player use it?

...Rajd...

My feedback url: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72846&PN=1#893078
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 11:09pm
T25 is a weird rubber - when you use it, you know why no pro player uses it.  IF you want something like T25 but at least reasonable, use T25FX.  T25 would be for someone who hits 95% on the BH and loops 5% on the BH and never uses his backhand more than 1 ft off the table.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2015 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

João Monteiro using Tenergy 80 hahaha. That will be the day. It's all about Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 64. If they discontinued 80 and 25, nothing of consequence would happen to table tennis.

T80 has fans.  Korbel uses T80 too now.  But T25 is just that thing that shows up the world of Peter Pan stories...
Cybershape Carbon
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 12:56am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

If they discontinued 80 and 25, nothing of consequence would happen to table tennis.
Korbel uses T80 too now.

If they discontinued 80 and 25, nothing of consequence would happen to table tennis.

Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 1:49am

T25 is a weird rubber - when you use it, you know why no pro player uses it.  IF you want something like T25 but at least reasonable, use T25FX.  T25 would be for someone who hits 95% on the BH and loops 5% on the BH and never uses his backhand more than 1 ft off the table.
Agree, although I wouldn't call it a "weird" rubber. Thors is a weird rubber. Imo, T25 is just underpowered, compared to T05. The massive pips does a good job dumbing down the spring sponge. It feels like T05 locked in a cage.
Lestat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lestat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 7:21am
I liked that bit with Tamasu being such a visionary company, in that they've managed to foresee the end of speed glue years before it happened. I suspect it's nothing to do with vision, and everything to do with greasing the right palms.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 8:04am
Before I click on it, how much are they charging to watch it?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 8:27am
Originally posted by rajd1234 rajd1234 wrote:

I was really curious about T25. Has anyone tried it? Why no professional player use it?

Koki Niwa used to use T25 (maybe he still does occasionally)...

There's a doubles match from the past where you can see him use it (can remember when)...

He used to be quite effective with it...

I've never used it, but the description of how it suppose to play has always appealed to me...

Edited by CraneStyle - 04/25/2015 at 8:30am
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
john18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 8:48am

Well, not a "top player" but Adina Diaconu (ROU) plays with T25 on FH and T25FX on BH.
Zo k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zo k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 9:40am
All have sense(speed,spin,trajectory) except Control

Totally non-existent/marketing value

More rubber speed-less control,less rubber speed-more control
Put the same rubber on FAST blade you will get less control
On SLOW blade you will get more control

Control is in you

Play table tennis more-you will increase your ''control''

This is why pro players have better control with same rubber
OSP Ultimate 3 CRW ST
Victas V>01 Limber max
Victas V>01 Limber 2.0
JonathanVN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanVN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 10:37am

T25 is not like any other Tenergy rubber. I think it is most certainly the least popular rubber, as it doesn't impart much spin on the ball and is rather slow for a Tenergy rubber. It seems to have comparatively small spin and speed, but the control and feel of the rubber is reasonable. The mechanics and the way T25 works, however, is truly not suitable for professional players in my opinion. 
2015 USATT Ratings:
1823 (Jan)
1840 (Feb)
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 12:06pm
T25 is not that much different from T05.  The pips are bigger so the top sheet has more contact with the sponge.  This has two effects.   Since there is more contact with the sponge T25 feels stiffer or harder.   I think this is the most noticeable difference.  Because the there is more contact with the sponge the top sheet will not stretch as far across the surface as T05.   I think that T05 pips must bend to let the top sheet move more but if that is the case why isn't T64 with its even thinner pips bend more?

I think T25 is faster than T05 and is definitely faster than TG3 Neo.  I play with T25 on my Firewall Plus.   I had 2 Firewall plus paddles with T25 and GD Talon 0X on them.   One sheet wore out so I replaced the T25 with TG3 Neo which is slower and just as spinny.   I think the video is right about the need to close the paddle and brush more and that it is a close to the table rubber.

One thing I like to do with my Firewall Plus is twiddle to block very fast incoming loops.   The ball shoots back at the attacker with a fast top spin as opposed to a slower back spin from my GD Talon 0X.  This catches opponents off guard.    The TG3 Neo doesn't block back the balls quite as fast or with as much spin.

My first coach played with T25 for a while.  He didn't like the flatter trajectory compared to T05.  My first coach liked to take a step or step and a half away from the table and T25 just doesn't play as well as T05 without making some adaptations.  I play closer to the table hit balls while still rising and close my paddle with T25 to land balls.

In short T25 will have a flatter trajectory for the same stroke.  There is a need to brush the ball thinner to get the same amount of spin as T05.  T25 feels firmer closer to Chinese rubbers.  I agree there isn't a real need for T25.  It costs too much for what it does.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

T25 is not that much different from T05. 

I think the effects are quite large when you back away from the table even a little bit.  From distances 2 and 3 T25 is very difficult to use.  I always though it would suit penholders who stay close in.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I think the effects are quite large when you back away from the table even a little bit.  From distances 2 and 3 T25 is very difficult to use.  I always though it would suit penholders who stay close in.

Very large. I played with T25 briefly because people thought it would suit me perfectly. Maybe when I was 1400. At 1800, immediately I stepped back to take a larger swing on either side, the logic of the rubber completely eluded me. And by stepping back, I mean a foot or so, not a meter or a yard. The control and the ability to contain incoming topspins at the table was magnificent but the ability to attack at the table against backspin was also a significant liability as you had to open the paddle so much and lift so much that it gave the game away.
Cybershape Carbon
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 12:47pm

The control and the ability to contain incoming topspins at the table was magnificent 
Yep, that is why I keep it on one of my Firewall Plus blades even though I have most migrated to a DHS Neo on the FH.  I would also use my T25 if I were play against a lobber or a player that fishes because T25 is faster than TG3 Neo.

but the ability to attack at the table against backspin was also a significant liability as you had to open the paddle so much and lift so much that it gave the game away.
Looping back spin is a technique issue not a rubber issue.  If you were 1400 when you played with T25 then your looping back spin technique couldn't have been that good.

There isn't any impulse or trajectory that T05 can generate that T25 can't.  It just takes a different stroke.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 12:53pm
If you read carefully, I was 1800.  And whether it is a technique issue or not, there is a difference between a vertical stroke and a forward stroke.  You surely do understand that you lose power when you make a stroke in a direction that is normal to the ball, which is what T25 requires you to do more attacking backspin with a topspin stroke.
Cybershape Carbon
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 2:35pm
OMG they used the word Tension EmbarrassedLOLLOLLOLLOLWink

Jokes Aside I liked this video it explains some differences in the rubbers. Wish Other brands follow suit to explain what's different between different variants of the same rubber like difference between Vega Series.
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 2:47pm
I am a tenergy user and i have tried t25,t64 and t05.

For spin 05
for speed 64

For service and control 25.

however tenergy rubber produce good spin and speed so with proper technique you can play with any of them.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

I am a tenergy user and i have tried t25,t64 and t05.

For spin 05
for speed 64

For service and control 25.

however tenergy rubber produce good spin and speed so with proper technique you can play with any of them.

I use T05 on FH and i can do topspin, but many times i hit the ball and it works perfectly too.
I use T80FX on BH and i would like to try T05 on this side.

Edited by Antuan - 04/25/2015 at 4:17pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 3:14pm
I have been thinking about the question of who might like T25.  T25 might be well suited for a shakehand player switching to SP on the BH side from inverted.  A lot of the time people making this switch are surprised to learn that they have to make fairly significant changes in their forehand too because on average they are playing closer to the table than before (because of the liabilities and advantages of the SP, which really are most effective from close).  Having T25 on the forehand might help with that change.

Most spin oriented modern offensive players -- attacking inverted on both sides -- are going to be well suited by T05 (on composite blades) and T64 (on wood blades or slow composites).  Assuming they are willing to pay that much money, and not everyone will want to do that.
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by acid acid wrote:

If it had lasted 3-6 month (playing 2 hrs everyday) it had maybe been worth it. I think it loses the spiny feel after just a month or two. Nice video however, very nice voice to listen to! 
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 2:42am

I have been thinking about the question of who might like T25.  T25 might be well suited for a shakehand player switching to SP on the BH side from inverted.......
T25t also works well for those playing a push blocker game with LPs but  I think a lot of cheaper rubber would do just as well.

CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 3:05am
Originally posted by Leftyy Leftyy wrote:

Originally posted by acid acid wrote:

If it had lasted 3-6 month (playing 2 hrs everyday) it had maybe been worth it. I think it loses the spiny feel after just a month or two. Nice video however, very nice voice to listen to! 

I have to disagree...

Clean your rubbers and use film protectors...

Genuine Tenergy last ages and when it looks ugly I can give them to players as a sample who still say wow! when they use them...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 10:44am

I have been thinking about the question of who might like T25.  T25 might be well suited for a shakehand player switching to SP on the BH side from inverted.  A lot of the time people making this switch are surprised to learn that they have to make fairly significant changes in their forehand too because on average they are playing closer to the table than before (because of the liabilities and advantages of the SP, which really are most effective from close).  Having T25 on the forehand might help with that change.

Most spin oriented modern offensive players -- attacking inverted on both sides -- are going to be well suited by T05 (on composite blades) and T64 (on wood blades or slow composites).  Assuming they are willing to pay that much money, and not everyone will want to do that.

I don't agree. Even a short pips player is going to be pushed back once in a while. The real problem with T25 is that driving forwards on the ball with heavy spin is just hard. If you want to play close at the table all the time, sure, T25 might suit a specialist style. But I really don't know any other rubber like it. That to me is ridiculous.
Cybershape Carbon
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 12:08pm

If you read carefully, I was 1800.  And whether it is a technique issue or not, there is a difference between a vertical stroke and a forward stroke.  You surely do understand that you lose power when you make a stroke in a direction that is normal to the ball, which is what T25 requires you to do more attacking backspin with a topspin stroke.
Don't you mean tangential to the ball?   A normal stroke is through the ball.  A tangential stroke may cause more spin than speed but there is rotational energy as well as translational energy.

Hitting TT balls is very inefficient .   People generate the power but I bet over 99% of it is lost and doesn't make it to the ball.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 12:30pm
Yes, I meant tangential.  Hopefully, my point is clear.
Cybershape Carbon
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 12:41pm

I don't agree. Even a short pips player is going to be pushed back once in a while. The real problem with T25 is that driving forwards on the ball with heavy spin is just hard. If you want to play close at the table all the time, sure, T25 might suit a specialist style. But I really don't know any other rubber like it. That to me is ridiculous.

SP BH is a specialist style.  I used it for a couple of years (am wondering why I ever did that now).  To make it clear, I am not a big fan of T25, even back when I used SP, I played T05 on FH.  But T25 then was a lot less weird than it feels now to me and it had a few advantages opening from closer in.   ON a related topic, if you are tall, SP are going to be a lot harder to use.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic