tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

schen's TT vacation in TAIWAN!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 10:22pm
Oh that valliant terminator review will have me coming back :D

May i call dibs when youre bored with it xp
Im a Shakehand player, my high grip allows me to use cpen blade for shakehand.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
lineup32 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 1:16am
enjoy your posts and pictures of various shops, hard to believe one can walk into a TT store and shop!  thanks for sharing your  very interesting adventure!
lineup32 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 1:16am
r

Edited by lineup32 - 05/23/2015 at 1:17am
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 2:30am
nice to know so many table tennis shop in Taiwan.
Butterfly Blade

BTY Tenergy 05/05FX

Singapore & Canada

schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 12:30pm
I went 2-2 in today's tournament at Wu Jie Elementary School (can you believe this kind of venue is in an elementary school??), winning my group and losing in the semi's for U1900 (taiwanese rating).

The place had 27 Nittaku tables, extremely high ceilings, and red mat flooring over wood.  This is how table tennis should be played!  Except turning on the A/C would've be nice too.

The tournament unfortunately was using craptastic balls - too light:

I beat a jpen player, junior shakehand player, then lost to a teenaged shakehand looper, and a junior with medium pips on the BH.  Taiwan overall has far more variety in equipment and styles in tournaments than in the US - I saw a handful of shakehand FH short pips hitters, as well as more antispin and medium pips than I've ever seen in a tournament in the US.  The one style that was actually seemingly lacking was cpen with rpb (my style haha).

After that tournament I went to visit the HQ and factory of Double Day and was very impressed with what I saw.  I am not allowed to post pictures of the factory, but I will have more details in the near future as I'll be revisiting them...  Here are pictures of some of their blade offerings to hold onto until later though!

Edited by schen - 05/23/2015 at 12:32pm
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Dec 5

HL5 cpen | TG2 Neo | V>15 Extra
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2015 at 10:01am
Post more pics....Thanks!!!
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Custom Stiga Oversize Reproduction 6.1mm 90grams
FH Tibhar MX-P Black
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2015 at 11:04am
scorekeepers with scoreboards for every match.  what a concept

nice

:)
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 12:05am
I've been running around Taiwan doing more touristy stuff than TT with my family in the last few days, including briefly visiting Hsinchu and Taipei but unfortunately not able to make any TT stops.  I did drop by one of the akkadi stores, but they were closed by the time I got there :/

I have a couple more pictures from the Kaohsiung tournament:

A couple days ago I also visited a club closer to my hotel in Taichung - although I cannot remember the name Confused.

Huge variety of players, no two people I played had the same style...

First was a lady in her 50's, jpen with bty challenger attack short pips blocker/hitter very similar to HZW type of play.  The blocks were super dead, and in the match I was down 0-2 before I finally got the hang of it.  I ended up losing 3-2 though.

Next was a cpen player that I had a better time against, not a very strong rpb though which I used to my advantage.  I won this one but forgot what the score was, maybe 3-1.

Then was an older player (must've been in his 60's at least) with long pips OX forehand and antispin backhand.  This guy had a pretty good anti chop block at the table and a really disturbing forehand drive with his long pips...  I found myself lobbing towards the end of the match a lot after being up 2-0 but ultimately lost 3-2 :(

After him I played a pretty consistent/conventional long pips chopper.  Not the strongest forehand, but he was able to flat hit/slap a lot of balls that I would never have guessed one could flat hit...  my heavy pushes didn't bother his FH much at all.  It was a close 3-2 game as well.

Lastly I finally played a more typical shakehand smooth both sides offensive player who killed me 3-0.  He played mostly with two gears - one super controlled and gentle, and when the opportunity came his forehand loop was stupid fast.  I think I played nearly every style in the book that day haha.

My trip finishes in about 6 days, I'll see if I can squeeze in any more TT before returning!

schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 12:07am
PS. be sure to check out my for sale thread when I get back, I've certainly got some stuff to unload haha

Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 12:59am
Haha good stuff schen!! Very Nice Read :)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 11:22am
Schen pls bring the store owner'S daughter back hehehe
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
danieldangz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danieldangz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 11:35am
It would be a steal if you can bring her back to the state. Thumbs Up

liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 2:48pm
Very cool Steven.  I wish I had gone to Taiwan or China for my vacation than going to Disney World....

Nice pictures, and super envious of all these shops that you got to visit.

Have a safe flight home.
My Youtube Channel: PingPong Rally On

My Feedbacks
NA1NSXR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NA1NSXR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2015 at 5:44pm
Do you have the address for the "Happy Sports Club" in Kaoshiung?  I think that store is the one whose site is down.  I bought in person from them about 6 months ago, very satisfied with the experience, want to pick some more stuff up next week when I visit again.  Thanks.
gatz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2015 at 6:25pm
all i can do is drool with the table tennis stuffs you postedClap
Blade: ZJ SZLC, Garayda 5000 Garayda ZLC

Rubbers: FH:   Joola Tango Ultra (sp) Piranja(lp) BH: Tenergy 05
tomaschonnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomaschonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2017 at 8:58pm
Hey all,

I'm going to Taichung on Thursday. I'll be on Siping Road in the Beitun district. Do you know any place to go play near there?

Tomas
Jun Mizutani ZLC, F/H Tenergy 80, B/H Tenergy 05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic