FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Ariex Pegasus Kiso Hinoki ZLC Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ariex Pegasus Kiso Hinoki ZLC Review
    Posted: 05/19/2015 at 11:35pm
This is my second review for the Ariex brand, if you miss the first one, it can be found here Smile

Unlike the phoenix blade being reviewed, this second blade has a 5+2 construction instead of 1 ply. This Pegasus blade is constructed with hinoki - zlc - hinoki - hinoki - hinoki - zlc - hinoki. This blade is designed for the new 40+ ball and the idea behind the design is to have a hinoki core to store energy and rebound a more powerful shot.

I'm going to put MX-P as forehand and possibly the Rakza X Soft as the backhand, but before I really tes this blade out, let's have some picture time Wink

The handle design is really nice, and it is one of the reason I want to get this blade.

Another new design Ariex is trying for their blade is, the model name are now crafted near the shoulder, and sorry for the typo as this is an early release test blade LOL

A close up shot of how the layers are constructed, unlike most brand that uses ayous or kiri as the core, Ariex decided to use a relatively thick hinoki layer as the core.

I hope I don't bore you guys with my novice review, I hope I'll have time to put on the rubber soon and test this baby out. Again, stay tuned for additional review on this blade!

Edited by qualizon - 05/19/2015 at 11:36pm
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Sponsored Links

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 12:14am
Oh no its a pony :D.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 12:47am
Where did you purchase it?
<3
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 1:12am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

The handle design is really nice, and it is one of the reason I want to get this blade.

You are right: nice handle - with a german flag on each side of the handle Big smile
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 9:21am
Originally posted by hidasjoki hidasjoki wrote:

Where did you purchase it?

The blade hasn't been officially released yet, I got it for pre-release review purpose
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">The handle design is really nice, and it is one of the reason I want to get this blade.</span>

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
You are right: nice handle - with a german flag on each side of the handle Big smile</span>

Haha yea, that's definitely a good looking color combination.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2015 at 1:46pm
The new Ariex official website is finally up :-)

However the rest of the pages are still in development Confused,  but if you guys are interested, you can actually see some of their new blades from the first landing page.

Edited by qualizon - 05/26/2015 at 1:49pm
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 6:21pm
Finally got a chance to put rubber on this blade :-) Not the ideal rubber for forehand as I initially planned to have MX-P on forehand, which I'll still do later when I have the rubber ready.

For now, I'll have Omega Pro 4 on forehand and the T11 test rubber Rakza X Soft on the backhand.

Initial feeling of the blade is it is pretty stiff, neglecting the fact that it has a hinoki core, the ball shoot out very fast. It might be a contribution from the ZLC layer. I'd think this blade will need to pair with a a softer rubber and softer sponge for looper, or may be pair it with short pips for close table fast attack players.

As for the backhand, I don't have a good impression of the rakza soft X originally due to the matte non-tacky finish, but it turns out pretty good with this blade comparing to the forehand rubber. 

I wish I order this blade with the innerforce structure where the zlc layer is embedded next to the core, with the current structure, zlc kicks in too quick due to the extra soft top hinoki layer, and it's almost defeat the purpose of having hinoki layers in the blade.

This blade deserves another review with another set of rubbers, for those who are interested in this blade, it's going to be tricky to pair rubbers.

Edited by qualizon - 10/16/2015 at 3:34pm
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic