FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Anyone Using ALL Class?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Using ALL Class?
    Posted: 05/20/2015 at 1:01pm

The ALL class is usually associated with safe play or is a good choice for beginners. As anyone used this class of blade with Tenergy's or glue effect rubbers in tournament play?

I have a collector series Stiga Allround wood I have been guarding for years in it's box. I did hear these blades were made from old growth tree woods so would have some value.

I could expect very high spin but what does everyone think about speed if paired with T05 or T80? I'm thinking medium fast for close table or more defense away from table...Am I spot on or not?
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Sponsored Links

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 1:23pm
I know a number of very good players do use very soft blades with tenergy.  Mitch Seidenfeld told me a few years ago he was having trouble finding a blade soft enough to replace (or even back up) his old banda.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I know a number of very good players do use very soft blades with tenergy.  Mitch Seidenfeld told me a few years ago he was having trouble finding a blade soft enough to replace (or even back up) his old banda.

The Yasaka Swede Classic is the softest, dwelly blade I have ever used in competition years ago. So much hang time I could go out for lunch.

I played Mitch years ago, and his shots were fast.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 1:47pm
I use an ALL/ALL+ blade and no one has noticed or commented since I switched.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Impressive!
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 3:14pm

But is it still faster than your last combo, with 7-ply all wood, and much slower rubber?

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

But is it still faster than your last combo, with 7-ply all wood, and much slower rubber?

Good question.  Not sure on relative speeds, but I used the current rubber with faster blade and even played tournament with that setup before switching.  

I first posted on MX-S a few weeks ago and I stopped using Big Dipper about the same time - I went through stages and I used the current rubber with a couple of the same 7-ply all wood (and even a faster one) for a while and played a few tournament and league matches with MX-S and the 7ply, and then silently switched to the 5 ply ALL/ALL+.  Again, no one has commented on switching blade from OFF-/OFF to ALL/ALL+, even the people who hit with me regularly.  But the day I did it, I knew I had made the right decision.  Everytime I want to remain focused, I just remind myself of what Danny Seemiller is using.
Cybershape Carbon
danseemiller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 3:50pm
I use the Grubba All - even slower than my old Andrei Grubba Pro.
 Great feeling, spin and touch.  I'll leave the speed to the young guys.
 I figure if I can't move fast and hit rockets anymore play with a slower blade 
using heavy spin and control to try to win.
DS
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by danseemiller danseemiller wrote:

Does the slower blade enhance the 'funny' effects of your anti ?
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 3:55pm
No. But the slow wood makes it easy to  block underspin loops
DS
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 3:57pm

No. But the slow wood makes it easy to  block underspin loops

Can I see a video of that ?
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 3:58pm
Underspin loops?
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 4:18pm

Thanks Dan, I agree with you 100%. With my hands like a laser and legs like a sloth ya let's leave the speed to the youngsters.   
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 4:19pm
Guys, he obviously means opponent's loops of his pushes.[;-)]
Cybershape Carbon
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 4:19pm
 I meant blocking loops made off of underspin pushes or chops.
DS
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 4:22pm
I seee, sorry.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 4:24pm

Interesting you write this because Butterfly rates the Grubba Pro as ALL- and the Grubba as ALL+.
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 4:36pm
Some ALL blade inspiration - best of 3...  that first loop Danny hit was the slowest loop anyone has ever hit by me before...

Cybershape Carbon
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 7:12pm
@3:22, was dan's serve top side or just side?
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 7:54pm
I can confirm that OSP Expert with T05 FH , T05fx BH makes quite a nice combination... A friend of mine plays with it and I got to borrow his bat for a day during a training camp... 5.5 hrs training, 2 hrs multiball, 2hrs excersises , 1.5 hrs matches.... it performed well under all conditions and I did not really feel a lack of speed or power... it was well controlled but still gave good attacking chances....

I read somewhere that you wanted to slow down your game a bit.... if so, this is the way to go... a slower blade, but still powerful rubbers (for great spin and enough spin)...

I personally like my Adidas P7 better than Tenergy, but I like Tenergy to and could play with it anytime and feel comfortable...  

Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

The ALL class is usually associated with safe play or is a good choice for beginners. As anyone used this class of blade with Tenergy's or glue effect rubbers in tournament play?

I have a collector series Stiga Allround wood I have been guarding for years in it's box. I did hear these blades were made from old growth tree woods so would have some value.

I could expect very high spin but what does everyone think about speed if paired with T05 or T80? I'm thinking medium fast for close table or more defense away from table...Am I spot on or not?
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 7:57pm
I also play with an ALL Class blade, the Dr. Neubauer Hercules, though I believe it is more like All+. I used to play with faster blades in the past like Stiga Intensity Carbon (OFF+) and TSP Black Blizzard (OFF; similar to Viscaria Light) but a slower blade gives me much better control and consistency. I believe that an ALL blade with T05 or H3N (boosted) is fast enough for close to the table play. It's probably more a matter of technique than blade speed.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 8:43pm
my blade plays with me because Im all class
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2015 at 10:34pm
On another note, the ALL+blade  that Jim Butler has been using, Juic SB Alpha seems to not be commercially available any more. Is this really so, or just Paddle Palace does not have it at the moment?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 6:15am
Topspin
DS
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 6:59am
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

On another note, the ALL+blade  that Jim Butler has been using, Juic SB Alpha seems to not be commercially available any more. Is this really so, or just Paddle Palace does not have it at the moment?

was available at tt11
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 9:09am
After using DHS 656 for over a year I decided that a slower blade was in order to enhance my sensory feedback so I recently switched to a YE JTTAA paired with BD on both sides. It is much better overall especially on my BH which I have been struggling with in terms of spin. Every blade change I have made so for has been to a softer blade and has resulted in overall improvements in my game. One interesting thing is that my blade is 1/4 inch longer than all my other C-pen blades, Even an older regular extra. Good thing for my rpb BH. 
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 11:34am
Originally posted by V-Griper V-Griper wrote:

After using DHS 656 for over a year I decided that a slower blade was in order to enhance my sensory feedback so I recently switched to a YE JTTAA paired with BD on both sides. It is much better overall especially on my BH which I have been struggling with in terms of spin. Every blade change I have made so for has been to a softer blade and has resulted in overall improvements in my game. One interesting thing is that my blade is 1/4 inch longer than all my other C-pen blades, Even an older regular extra. Good thing for my rpb BH. 

Interesting you put it that way.  If you wanted mostly sensory feedback, just a blade would mostly softer woods like hinoki or limba would likely have sufficed even retaining a thick blade.  Thaqt said, Yasaka Extra is a great blade in any shape or form.

BTW, with the bold part,  you sound like bluebucket...

Edited by NextLevel - 05/21/2015 at 11:36am
Cybershape Carbon
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

The Juic SB Alpha was rated ALL+ by the manufacturer however it was faster than that blade rating, more like OFF. I had two of them and forgot to seal the first one and it splintered very badly.

I found my old Yasaka Sweden Classic with huge ST. grip and will try T05 on it. That blade is rated ALL+ but the huge dwell makes it feel like ALL. The new ones are now made in Japan not Sweden. Great control blade.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 4:06pm
I use an old Stiga Allround made in the 70s, with Tenergy 80 on the BH and a hard sponge tensor on the FH.

It gives me great feel and, to date, noone has yet complained that the ball is not going fast enough when I loop.

I started out using fast carbon blades, but over the years kept on going slower.  I like the old Stiga's enough to have acquired about half-dozen of them over the course of the last two years, so that I do not have to start a new blade search if the one I use breaks.  

So far, one of my blades cracked in the neck and had to be taken out of commission.  The one I transitioned to is holding up just fine.  I figure if these blades last me no less than five years each, I am set for a while.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 7:30pm

I still have my Stiga Johansson from 1972. It's in good condition but pretty slow and fragile so I keep it safe in a case. Those were pretty much hand made so I think it has some value.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic