Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber like speed glued skyline 3?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber like speed glued skyline 3?
    Posted: 05/27/2015 at 4:03am
First up, I want to make it clear that I do NOT want to speed glue or boost. Not only is it illegal, but the smell makes me nauseous Confused

The reason I speed glued was because I had to change my worn out Skyline TG3 for an older, but less worn TG3 for some uni try outs last week. The only glue I could borrow from my friends was this haifu speed glue (smelled real aweful). I put two thin layers on the sponge and one on the blade 1-2 days before the tryouts.

When I played, man the first set was the best I think I've ever played. I won 11-5 against a BH long pips player who, only a year or so ago, would beat me 11-0 or 11-1. All my FH loops were going in and I felt like I couldn't miss BH or FH. Ultimately though I lost the match and the match after that the 'can't miss feel' was gone. My FH opening loops weren't as accurate or spiny any more, it played like my old TG3 but with more tack.

So, once this current TG3 sheet wears out and improve other aspects of my game like reading and reacting to serves, I'd like to change to a different sheet. Ideally, my next sheet should play like glued skyline 3 in terms of spin and control (don't need any more speed, TG3 is fast enough for me now) Smile

Thanks in advance!
T05H | HL5 | TG3-60
Sponsored Links

t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 9:43am
Butterfly SpinArt
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 11:41am
Im on skyline tg3 neo atm. Planning on changing out of it myself.
Last night i missed about 39 forehand loops. Last week all 39 of them would have landed .
I believe you can perhaps move to tibhar grip S . Which will give you huge amount of control. Less reactive to incoming spin and more spin than any non tacky rubber.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 11:49am
I wouldn´t recommend any Grip-S since it has been discountinued on new Thibar 2015 Catalogue so forget about getting a fresh one. If you dont by TermBlazer"> want to tune of speed glueing i would straightly go for Big Dipper.

Edited by jonyer1980 - 05/27/2015 at 11:51am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 12:15pm
Too many people have rated bd's spin as not even close to tg3. Plus bd is also faster (livelier). Op would require much time adjusting to this hybrid.
I switch between whale 3 and shark 3 to tg3 neo with no problem. I actually prefer haifus rubber becaus theyre less sensitive. But theyre about 60$ a sheet.

Alwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 6:52am
@t64t64t64, why do you recommend SpinArt? I've seen some reviews saying it needs to be boosted to play better (again, don't want to boost) and it costs 75 $AUD here... same as tenergy prices

@asifgunz, how come you didn't like TG3 Neo? I've heard that it was made to play with speed glue effect?
Do you think the haifu rubbers are worth the extra money?

@jonyer1980 thanks for the suggestion but I've looked into RD before and think I agree with asifgunz, it sounded soft and too bouncy

Please keep the suggestions coming! Thanks in advance Smile
T05H | HL5 | TG3-60
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 8:45am
I thought the answer was easy- TG3-60. It's TG3 top on a Faster Tinarc 1 sponge. But then I heard you hadn't even tried NEO. You should start with NEO if you're using unglued commercial non-neo TG3. it will be a jump up. I'd recommend starting with 38 degree if you've never tried hardnesses. You can go harder from there. 

Haifu rubbers are not worth the extra money, especially after their QC went way downhill. They used to have quality stuff, but now it's not nearly as good as it used to be. That's why I stopped using them altogether.

Switching between this rubber and that rubber is all down to individual. I can switch between H3/TG3 or Haifu or Big Dipper or Vega Pro or Tenergy and have a pretty small adjustment time. Just because one person can't adjust to something doesn't mean another won't be able to. Big dipper is good stuff, really good. I think it needs the right blade, and found it best on a run of the mill 5 ply (Xiom Offensive S). But again, I'd say try TG3 Neo, or TG3-60 

Edited by beeray1 - 05/28/2015 at 8:47am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 9:03am
Big Dipper comes in different sponges. People who want s harder rubber can try the 40 degrees. People who want a softer rubber can try the 38 degrees. I still think the 38 deg rubber is the best Chinese rubber for Euro-style players who don't want to swing hard on every shot ( I coukdnt use Battle 2 - that was much too Chinese hard sponged for me), but that is not for everyone. People will definitely like the 39 or the 40 better if they are Chinese sponge users.

Battle 2 is also an option. I found it way too slow for my technique but others may not. The spin was good though. I just can't recommend it to a Tenergy user as I could Big Dipper 38 before all the QC issues drove me off it.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 9:59am
Thats why i said tibhar grip s. thats when tibhar controls the quality of haifus rubbers. Or donic for traction series, but the quality of that is crap unless theyve fixed it since. Then one of the commentors said grip s is out of production.
Haifus 60$ upgrade rubbers arent bad in quality at all. Its hella spinny for a non tacky rubber.
I never speedglued in my life. My dad never let me, cuz I was learning the game 10 years ago. Im 22 now. Finding neo slightly slow for my taste. it became too tacky after cleaning with my friends nittaku clean awah. Maybe I need a faster blade than the hayabusa zxi.

beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Thats why i said tibhar grip s. thats when tibhar controls the quality of haifus rubbers. Or donic for traction series, but the quality of that is crap unless theyve fixed it since. Then one of the commentors said grip s is out of production.
Haifus 60$ upgrade rubbers arent bad in quality at all. Its hella spinny for a non tacky rubber.
I never speedglued in my life. My dad never let me, cuz I was learning the game 10 years ago. Im 22 now. Finding neo slightly slow for my taste. it became too tacky after cleaning with my friends nittaku clean awah. Maybe I need a faster blade than the hayabusa zxi.

My personal issue is "not bad in quality" Is something okay for a 20 dollar rubber, not a 60 dollar rubber. 

Compared to BW3, there are infinite equal or better performing options at that price range and a good deal lower. 
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 12:15pm
Youre correct. For 60ish you can just get tenergy.

Alwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 11:43pm
thanks for all the responses Smile

@beeray1, I'm using 39 degrees non-NEO at the moment (which I got domestically when I was in china a few years ago). Would 38 deg TG3 NEO be noticeably softer or bouncier? Same for TG3-60, is it really bouncy?
I miss the table a lottt more when I use rubbers with strong catapult effects like my friends' Tenergies. I've always used hard tacky rubber on my FH (think TG3 and H2 39 deg commercial).

@NextLevel, thanks for your comment on hardness, I'll try to look into what hardness would suit me but its a bit subjective so I might just have to try a couple rubbers down the track to find out. I also feel like you recommended me Battle 1 for my BH a while ago? Are Battle I and Battle II different?

@asifgunz, I usually go through a few sheets of the same rubber and only change as I improve enough (maybe 1-2 years), so jonyer1980's comment that Grip S is no longer manufactured ruled out Grip S for me. Thanks for your suggestion of BW3, but at double too triple the price of TG3 with only little gains I don't think I'd be up for it right now Smile
T05H | HL5 | TG3-60
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2015 at 11:58pm
Battle 2 is tacky, 47 deg if I remember correctly. It leans towards the chinese side of the rubber spectrum.

Battle1 is grippy. Closer to euro jap rubbers.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic