FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

International Table Tennis Skills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: International Table Tennis Skills
    Posted: 06/25/2015 at 10:37pm
Apparently the DVD by Samson Dubina is now available. Before I buy, can anyone please share your comments/suggestions about this particular item? The description I read in the new Paddle Palace catalog is encouraging...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Sponsored Links

FlatHitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlatHitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 11:57am
Larry hodges book is also very good.."tactics", paddle palace is pushing Dubina's stuff, It has some hi-end marketing behind it along with some colorful cover stock. I hope it is as good as it looks. YOUTUBE has any and everything you would ever need to improve your table tennis, I got up to 1853, currently 1818 using youtube after a 21 year break @56 years old....no coach, just larry hodges and danny seemillers books.
 my goal is to make it to 2000, the magic number..
If your phone is'nt ringing, it's probably me...
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 12:00pm
If I am not mistaken Samson Dubina does online coaching from his website. That might be something you might want to consider.

As for the DVD - not seen it yet.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2015 at 12:36pm
It's a nice well produced video however it's more for beginners.
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 12:28am
Okay. So I got hold of this video by Samson Dubina. 
I like it very much. I do not think it is meant for complete beginners. Rather, it should be most useful to people in the USATT rating range of 1000-1600. 
It is a cover-it-all-in-one video instruction, designed to consider various aspects of TT in the context of an upcoming tournament match, and that is a very welcome approach. Okay, I would prefer a little more in-depth analysis and suggestions how you play against the various styles, or a little more on how you develop really effective serves and respective serve receives. Admittedly, these things are covered, just not in a very great detail. Also, at times it seemed that the video could benefit from a higher level practice partner taking part in the demonstrations; showing both players in action could be a better visualization of what's being demonstrated. The looping techniques are shown convincingly (no wonder, Samson is a great looper). One thing stands out, however - it is the highly practical, honest, not-exaggerated, succinct and down to earth commentary and tips that are very well formulated. 
Thumbs up!

Edited by JacekGM - 07/05/2015 at 12:30am
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic