FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Has anyone tried Andro Rasant BEAT??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone tried Andro Rasant BEAT??
    Posted: 06/28/2015 at 9:27am
Im currently using Andro Rasant Grip. Rasant Beat is very tempting. I know its softer. Is the top sheet equally as grippy as Rasant Grip? 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 10:09am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

I know its softer. Is the top sheet equally as grippy as Rasant Grip? 

It's not just softer - it's a LOT softer.  The sponge is 37.5 degrees and the topsheet is super thin and squashy with small, widely-spaced pips.  It's in the zone of something like Desto F3 Big Slam in overall softness, but with a more modern super-grippy topsheet.

I have it here along with a sheet of Acuda Blue P3.  They are VERY similar, with P3 having a slightly harder sponge at 40 degrees, but the topsheets look identical to my eyes.

As for Rasant Grip - it's a totally different product.  Beat's sponge is vastly softer and the topsheet is nothing like RG.

Unfortunately, I've only had chance to use it for 10 minutes during a league match last week with a celluloid ball (I used P3 and V>15 Limber more that night).  I've got a full training session tomorrow night, so I'll have a bit more info later.  It was a LOT of fun with the cell ball, but there's no point discussing it with anything other than a plastic ball involved really.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2015 at 4:29pm
Did you have any update with the rubber? It sounds like I'm better off sticking with Grip, but I'm still tempted to try Beat on my next purchase. Are you an advanced player, expert, or?   

Edited by ericd937 - 07/04/2015 at 4:32pm
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2015 at 7:26pm
A friend of mine tried it... said it was VERY soft, and although it was nice for smashing and blocking (like the Desto F3 BS), it's too soft for looping. I'd stick with the Grip if I were you.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Did you have any update with the rubber? It sounds like I'm better off sticking with Grip, but I'm still tempted to try Beat on my next purchase. Are you an advanced player, expert, or?   

Had another short session with it.  As haggisv said, it's crazy soft.  Works very well as a hitter/blocker, has good top-end speed, and is a little bouncy.  Topsheet grip is good, and it loops better for me than the really old gen soft tensors, but it isn't brilliant for looping.  It's very different to Grip, so there is some risk there for you.

I'm a highly average UK player - 50% win rate in the middle division of my local league.  23 years experience.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 2:19pm
And here I was thinking you were the top 200 in England Andrew Smith...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 2:44pm
Are you ranked at all Andrew? How does the soft sponge make the rubber worse for looping? Thanks
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

And here I was thinking you were the top 200 in England Andrew Smith...

Oooo.  Unfortunately not.  The perils of having a common name.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Are you ranked at all Andrew? How does the soft sponge make the rubber worse for looping? Thanks

No national ranking - I only do very occasional GP events.  There is some talk of TTE linking the local league data to the national rankings in some clever way, so once I'm ranked 13,657th in the country I'll be back here to tell you all about it.

NL - I have a player on my team at the moment who spent several years as a professor in the US, and he ended up with a rating of 1760 before he saw the light and moved to Staffordshire, UK.  We're very close in ability.  He says that I'm better, but that's just his poor attempt at modesty.  That's probably the best idea I can give you of a US rating for me, but it's a very different playing culture over here so it just isn't easy to compare.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 3:02pm
Oh, and as for the sponge - it bottoms out very easily, and the arc stays very low.  This makes it hard for me when looping with hard strokes, very noticeable from distance.  Won't be the same for everyone of course.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 3:40pm
Good info guys. Thank you. I've been trying to convince one of my club mates to give it a go so I can try it without forking over the 50 bucks. Lol
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2015 at 3:41pm
For now, I'll stick with the grip as it's the best rubber for my game that I've tried so far.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 10:00am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Oh, and as for the sponge - it bottoms out very easily, and the arc stays very low.  This makes it hard for me when looping with hard strokes, very noticeable from distance.  Won't be the same for everyone of course.

Would it be correct in saying that the Rasant Beat is more suitable for close range play due to the very soft sponge?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 10:44am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Would it be correct in saying that the Rasant Beat is more suitable for close range play due to the very soft sponge?

Yes, for sure.  Much better when close in.
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2015 at 10:54pm
Andy sorry to interrupt this thread, but could you give a bit more info on te victas V-15 limber and if you could, compare to V-01 limber thanks

Edited by patrick1v - 07/06/2015 at 10:55pm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2015 at 7:26am
Originally posted by patrick1v patrick1v wrote:

Andy sorry to interrupt this thread, but could you give a bit more info on te victas V-15 limber and if you could, compare to V-01 limber thanks

To avoid going OT, check out this thread over at OOAK.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic