Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TTNPP has Kailin Oil now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2015 at 5:25am
but this shop is shit same always ... i buy 5 days ago and they dont send ...
Sponsored Links

42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2015 at 11:33am
Originally posted by panany panany wrote:

but this shop is shit same always ... i buy 5 days ago and they dont send ...

ttnpp is good and bad. There inventory is quite vast and you finde items other online retailers dont carry. You do have to be careful of authenticity when it comes to DHS rubbers and so called claimed National rubbers.  Another bad is they dont update there inventory levels all the time. 

I ordered some Nittaku premium 40+ poly balls and Kailin Booster last week on Friday 7/10 and the shipment reached USPS sorting station in NYC Tuesday 7/14.  Now it will take another couple more days to clear customs before it reaches my hands. So i got lucky on this order.

As recommended by Nextel for ttnpp, you have to live with the good and bad of ttnpp.

Cant wait for the Kailin booster oil and nittaku premium balls. Like a kid waiting for Christmas Day.Big smile
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2015 at 12:07pm
42,which rubber are you going to use your Kailin on?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2015 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

42,which rubber are you going to use your Kailin on?

I presently use  2 to 3 thin layer of Haifu Seamoon on my  fh H3 Neo and 1 layer on my bh shortpips. I will use the Kailin oil probably the same way. Smile
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2015 at 12:42pm
Looking forward to your feedback. :)
panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2015 at 5:56am
he send me today :) 
i want try quick... i have blade from fang bo i just wait kailin oil for try with my h3 50 :)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2015 at 12:49pm
Break out the champagne because my order came in today!

OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2015 at 5:44pm
Very nice! Be sure to make a good report for the rest of us to enjoy vicariously! A comparison with seamoon would be awesome.

Edited by Argothman - 07/17/2015 at 5:45pm
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 1:35pm
mine finally arrived in 10 days.
How to use it?
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 2:02pm
Here is what most people recommend.

1st layer-Water Based Glue - Let the glue dry before applying booster.

Apply 2-3 layers of Booster Oil(2-3 for H3 rubbers, tensors only need 1 layer)- Please always let each layer of booster oil dry before applying the next layer of booster oil. Depending on brand and how much booster you apply, the drying time can be a couple of hours to 1 full day before each layer of booster oil dries. I always recommend to apply booster oil as thin as possible. Over Boosting can destroy your very expensive rubber.

Last layer-Apply Water Based Glue and attach to your blade. (Of course you need to apply glue to your blade too...lol)

Trying and experimenting is always fun...most of the time. Wink

Edited by 42andbackpains - 08/19/2015 at 2:08pm
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 2:12pm
Actually, if you use glue first on your rubber, there's no need to use glue again on your rubber Smile
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 2:27pm
I personnally prefer the Kailin booster over Seamoon. Kailin is thinner and easier to apply than Seamoon. Seamoon is stronger and will expand the sponge more than Kailin. Kailin is not weak, just a little different. Kailin does expand/soften your rubbers and retains some of the sponge original attributes while still giving a kick/catapult to your rubbers. H3 is originally a very hard sponged rubber and you still want to retain some of the hardness, this is my preference.  It also dries quicker and you can be up and running within a day or two if you dont want to let the rubbers fully uncurl. Your mileage may vary depending on layers of booster you apply. I prefer applying about 3 very thin layers to my H3 neo 2.15.  My 2 cents added. Smile
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 2:44pm
thanks a lot for the information.
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by nittakuball nittakuball wrote:

thanks a lot for the information.

Welcome to the dark side....lol LOL
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 2:58pm
Apply it directly to the sponge.  Minimize the risk of making the sponge too thick and therefore illegal if checked.

I would always remove the previous glue layer before regluing/reboosting.  Otherwise the rubber will not be flat.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

Apply it directly to the sponge.  Minimize the risk of making the sponge too thick and therefore illegal if checked.

I would always remove the previous glue layer before regluing/reboosting.  Otherwise the rubber will not be flat.

Great advice...i have learned many things from Schen...Thank You almighty booster god...LOL
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 12:06am
Guys,
Anyone can compare Kailin vs Revolution Xtreme Booster? Or Xtreme vs FTL?
I tried it on some classic rubbers and to be honest with you I was not that impressed...

Edited by notfound123 - 08/20/2015 at 12:07am
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2015 at 2:18am

It also does well on Tenergy/porous type rubbers which is what I currently use it for (I no longer use it on my FH because I like the firmness of chinese rubbers that Seamoon preserves). 

Interesting. When I was in China, a coach tried to save my dying Tenergy 05 by using Dianchi. (And he was a true expert.) But I hated its effect. To me, Dianchi simply doesn't work on (and IMHO ruins) Tenergy 05.

If Kailin Oil works on old Tenergy 05 and restores it to original performance, it'd help extend life and save people money.
HappySpinner View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappySpinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2015 at 1:27pm

Commerical tg2 is even cheaper, and I can go through 4 sheets of that in 4 months and still have it be cheaper than a single sheet of tenergy.

Hi schen, are you talking about neo or non-neo commercial tg2?
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2015 at 2:01pm
pretty sure he's talking about neo, cuz only neo is meant to be boosted :)
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2015 at 12:59am
Yes, I am talking about NEO, although non-NEO can be boosted with great effect too!
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
HappySpinner View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappySpinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2015 at 12:02am
Thanks much MLfan and Schen for answering!
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 2:10pm
Just a user report. 

I ordered the Kailin booster from TTNPP 8/23. It shipped on 8/24. It was delivered on 8/31. Very timely.

I play booster free but I figured it was a worth a try to try to resurrect a worn and dying Tenergy 05 in the interests of saving money. And if it worked, it's worth going to boosting to give the rubber second legs.

(I mentioned in an earlier post a pro in China, who is an expert booster, used Dianchi to try to save me another time I had a dying Tenergy 05. But I hated the results.)  

As an experiment, I tested Kailin on both sides of the paddle. Forehand side: worn Tenergy 05. Backhand side: half worn Tenergy 05 FX.

("Worn" here means that the topsheet is worn to the degree that all pips underneath are large and prominently showing.)

Methodology: applied a very thin layer of Kailin to both sheets. I did not remove the pre-existing WB glue (Nittaku Finezip is what I use). Waited 12 hours. It barely changed from flat. Applied a 2nd thin layer of Kailin to both sides in the morning before I left for work. When I got back - 12 hours later - both sheets were curled.

Since a practice partner had already arrived, I applied glue to the blade only and stuck the two sheets on. (They were sticky anyway.) Obviously I should have waited another 12 hours at least for them to flatten out but I was pressed for time. A bit surprised, but they stuck fine (no curl-up).

Results surprised me.
1. My wrist could seriously feel the weight difference.

2. On the forehand, it sucked. It didn't play nice at all. It was not progressive. On counter looping rallies, it either (over)grabbed the ball or didn't grab it well at all. It also had a fast, slightly dead feel on pushes. Nothing like the absolute reliability of a brand-new sheet of T05.

3. After drilling with the forehand, I expected worse on the backhand.  BUT on the backhand, it was wonderful. This was a surprise because FX sponge is even softer. One possible explanation is that: (1) the backhand T05FX topsheet is still not worn, and (2) I use the wrist a lot on the backhand with a much smaller forearm-oriented stroke (than compared to the forehand). I had substantially improved control on the backhand.

Conclusion: My practice partner (who is a permanent booster) indicated that I should toss the T05 forehand sheet. And put on a brand new sheet because it is really dead. But keep the boosted T05FX on the backhand. And he indicated, it should play its best in about a week.

Another observation from the practice partner was that my Rosewood V is a bit too soft to be compatible with boosting. In his experience, it works better in conjunction with a slightly harder blade like an Ebenholz.

Edited by sandiway - 09/02/2015 at 2:14pm
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 3:26pm
hm... that's the first time I hear rosewood is too soft... 

i would think because the rosewood is considered as a hard wood, pairing with a soften tenergy will either make you feel hitting thru the sponge to the wood directly if you hit it hard, or if you hit it light, you'll feel it's too mushy.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Just a user report. 

I ordered the Kailin booster from TTNPP 8/23. It shipped on 8/24. It was delivered on 8/31. Very timely.

I play booster free but I figured it was a worth a try to try to resurrect a worn and dying Tenergy 05 in the interests of saving money. And if it worked, it's worth going to boosting to give the rubber second legs.

(I mentioned in an earlier post a pro in China, who is an expert booster, used Dianchi to try to save me another time I had a dying Tenergy 05. But I hated the results.)  

As an experiment, I tested Kailin on both sides of the paddle. Forehand side: worn Tenergy 05. Backhand side: half worn Tenergy 05 FX.

("Worn" here means that the topsheet is worn to the degree that all pips underneath are large and prominently showing.)

Methodology: applied a very thin layer of Kailin to both sheets. I did not remove the pre-existing WB glue (Nittaku Finezip is what I use). Waited 12 hours. It barely changed from flat. Applied a 2nd thin layer of Kailin to both sides in the morning before I left for work. When I got back - 12 hours later - both sheets were curled.

Since a practice partner had already arrived, I applied glue to the blade only and stuck the two sheets on. (They were sticky anyway.) Obviously I should have waited another 12 hours at least for them to flatten out but I was pressed for time. A bit surprised, but they stuck fine (no curl-up).

Results surprised me.
1. My wrist could seriously feel the weight difference.

2. On the forehand, it sucked. It didn't play nice at all. It was not progressive. On counter looping rallies, it either (over)grabbed the ball or didn't grab it well at all. It also had a fast, slightly dead feel on pushes. Nothing like the absolute reliability of a brand-new sheet of T05.

3. After drilling with the forehand, I expected worse on the backhand.  BUT on the backhand, it was wonderful. This was a surprise because FX sponge is even softer. One possible explanation is that: (1) the backhand T05FX topsheet is still not worn, and (2) I use the wrist a lot on the backhand with a much smaller forearm-oriented stroke (than compared to the forehand). I had substantially improved control on the backhand.

Conclusion: My practice partner (who is a permanent booster) indicated that I should toss the T05 forehand sheet. And put on a brand new sheet because it is really dead. But keep the boosted T05FX on the backhand. And he indicated, it should play its best in about a week.

Another observation from the practice partner was that my Rosewood V is a bit too soft to be compatible with boosting. In his experience, it works better in conjunction with a slightly harder blade like an Ebenholz.

I think most Chinese Boosters mainly soften and expand the sponge on the applied rubber. Once the sponge expands, therefore tensing the rubbers topsheet as well. Once a topsheet is dead, it is dead. No matter how much boosting you do, you cannot bring back the life of a topsheet. There is no miracle booster for worn out topsheets...at least i have not found it yet. In my short experience with boosters, tensing the topsheet shortens the life of the rubber. Example: My DHS H3 Neo after boosting has worn off and has shrunk back to normal size...Then it has become like my own special version of Anti.

So boosting old worn out rubbers wont make it play better. Boosting new or semi worn sheets should be fine. Smile

Also new Euro or Japanese tensor rubbers are heavily tuned/boosted from the factory and does not need boosting until some of the in factory tuning has worn off. I think most most Boosters are meant for users who want to soften there Chinese branded hard sponged rubbers or players looking to soften there existing sponges for specific reasons(ie pips/pimple players)
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

hm... that's the first time I hear rosewood is too soft... 

i would think because the rosewood is considered as a hard wood, pairing with a soften tenergy will either make you feel hitting thru the sponge to the wood directly if you hit it hard, or if you hit it light, you'll feel it's too mushy.

According to the practice partner, his Ebenholz faster than his Emerald VPS faster than his Infinity VPS faster than my Rosewood V. 

I didn't feel the T05 bottoming out. It felt a bit dead but it was fast.
Maybe because the topsheet got stretched when the sponge got stretched, and thus it rebounded faster.

Then because the topsheet is worn, the consistency goes to hell. I'm not sure what's exactly going to happen on a loop and I can't predict the effect well. Perhaps not surprising at all.

But as I said, the surprising thing is that the backhand plays really well even with FX sponge.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2017 at 9:02pm
    censored by the poster igorponger

Edited by igorponger - 11/18/2017 at 4:20am
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2017 at 6:26am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

IDLE BRAIN IS the DEVIL's WORKSHOP...
"Idle hands are the devil’s workshop’ a very catchy statement so much relevant to be now imbibed by every nation alive.
Lets have a Holy Man to give us some instructiveword..
Be aware, People:
    -- Though the statement is not
    found verbatim in the Bible, “idle
    hands are the devil’s workshop” has
    its roots in Scripture. The apostle
    Paul notes that those who waste
    their time in idleness or in a non-
    productive manner are easily led
    into
    sin: “We hear that some among you
    are idle. They are not busy; they are
    busybodies” (2 Thessalonians 3:11).
    By not using their time
    productively, these people were
    tempted to meddle in other
    people’s business and stand in the
    way of their progress. “They get into
    the habit of being idle and going
    about from house to house. And not
    only do they become idlers, but
    also gossips and busybodies,
    saying things they ought not to” (1
    Timothy 5:13). These idlers and
    busybodies were wasting time that
    could have been used to help
    others. In essence, their lack of
    activity was leading them into sin.
    Idleness is not the same as rest.
    The Bible advises people to rest,
    and taking breaks from work is
    good. By “idle” we mean “lazy” or
    “doing nothing when you should be
    doing something.” Idleness often
    stems from not having a specific
    goal or purpose in mind. With no
    goal, one can be easily distracted.
    The book of Proverbs warns us
    that sloppy or careless work is akin
    to malicious destruction: “One who
    is slack in his work is brother to one
    who destroys” (Proverbs 18:9).
    We live in a sinful world, and a
    person who doesn't have
    something particular to do will
    invariably be tempted to do
    something sinful. If we have
    nothing to do, the devil is all too
    eager to find things to occupy our
    time.
    Paul and his fellow missionaries
    set an example of diligence for the
    church. “You yourselves know how
    you ought to follow our example.
    We were not idle when we were
    with you. . . . On the contrary, we
    worked night and day, laboring and
    toiling so
    that we would not be a burden to
    any of you” (2 Thessalonians 3:7-8).
    Idleness was not a part of Paul’s
    lifestyle, and we can’t afford to
    countenance it in our lives, either.
    Yes, “idle hands are the devil’s
    workshop.” The Lord knew that He
    needed to be about His Father’s
    business (Luke 2:49), and so should
    we. Jesus told us to pray for
    “workers” to be sent into the
    harvest field, not idlers (Luke 10:2).
    There is work to be done for the
    Kingdom, and we must not be
    distracted by the things of the
    world, trifling with pingpang ball
    and suchlike....

How's this even remotely relevant to TT?? Go post the same nonsense on one of Russian-speaking boards.. you would get banned for life

Edited by notfound123 - 06/01/2017 at 6:27am
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2017 at 10:15am
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Ezekiel 25:17
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2017 at 3:29pm
Somebody call an ambulance...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic