Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Dimitrij OVTCHAROV Playing Penhold China Super Lea
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Dimitrij OVTCHAROV Playing Penhold China Super Lea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TTWORLD89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTWORLD89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dimitrij OVTCHAROV Playing Penhold China Super Lea
    Posted: 07/21/2015 at 5:55pm
Dimitrij OVTCHAROV Playing Penhold China Super League 2015

Edited by TTWORLD89 - 07/21/2015 at 5:59pm
Sponsored Links

Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 6:32pm
Nice, here is another great video with Ovtcharov. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UDleEh2N6I 
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 10:04pm
I'm still shocked there are people in the world that are consistently better than him.

Like 100 of them - all in China and a couple in Japan.

Crazy but I think he needs to work on fitness a little harder.
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2015 at 11:32am
Originally posted by wilkinru wilkinru wrote:

I'm still shocked there are people in the world that are consistently better than him.

Maybe I am missing something, but the last time I checked Dima was #6 in the world!
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2015 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Maybe I am missing something, but the last time I checked Dima was #6 in the world!

Didn't he just lose to some no-name player in the Super League?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2015 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Doesn't everybody loose to some no-name player at some point? Wink
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2015 at 1:42pm

+1
Both in the 5th, a few deuces.  People do have bad days. 
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2015 at 3:41pm

His record in this season so far:

2:3 Chuang Chih Yuan
2:3 Fan Shengpeng
2:3 Wang Chuqin
0:3 Fang Bo
3:2 Wong Chun Ting
3:1 Liu Jikang
0:3 Zhu Linfeng
2:3 Xu Ruifeng
0:3 Yan An
0:3 Ma Long

He had a lot of bad days I guess

berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2015 at 4:00pm
Perhaps Dima should switch to penhold/rpb.  He might even try this left-handed.  It couldn't hurt, based on some of the bad days he's had.

Edited by berndt_mann - 07/22/2015 at 9:48pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2015 at 4:23pm
Seems like Dima's been in a slump since he got married.  LOL
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2015 at 4:39pm

His record in this season so far:

2:3 Chuang Chih Yuan
2:3 Fan Shengpeng
2:3 Wang Chuqin
0:3 Fang Bo
3:2 Wong Chun Ting
3:1 Liu Jikang
0:3 Zhu Linfeng
2:3 Xu Ruifeng
0:3 Yan An
0:3 Ma Long

He had a lot of bad days I guess

That doesn't look too good, agreed. But...he arrived in China after the Baku games (which he won by the way) not in the best form and health and there was some discussion that he might skip the Super League altogether. Please keep in mind also that the China Super League is only a side attraction (some extra $$$) for the European playes during the summer break of the European pro leagues.

My Feedback
Saltebor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saltebor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 10:37am
I always "fascinating" by the people who see only dark sides. Hi lost to some China player, and this is became the "biggest" news that completely "cross over" his career record. The no name China player does not build it yet. He probably will or will not. However, Dima in another hand already done it.

Edited by Saltebor1 - 07/23/2015 at 10:37am
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 11:58am
Well, I'm fascinated by people looking for excuses, then. Nobody is disputing Dima's career that he has already built. But that doesn't change the fact he is not playing well in the super league right now. No amount of Olympic medals and pro tour wins can be used as excuses.

If Dima grew up as one of the no name Chinese players he lost to, would he have been able to stand out and gain the opportunities to build his career? I kind of doubt it...

Originally posted by Saltebor1 Saltebor1 wrote:

I always "fascinating" by the people who see only dark sides. Hi lost to some China player, and this is became the "biggest" news that completely "cross over" his <span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb106, 106, 106; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: small; line-height: 18.2000007629395px;">career</span> record. The no name China player does not build it yet. He probably will or will not. However, Dima in another hand already done it.
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 12:28pm

Please keep in mind also that the China Super League is only a side attraction (some extra $$$) for the European playes during the summer break of the European pro leagues.

I believe players like Dima and Timo take the Super league very seriously. While they probably cannot seriously prepare for it because of their busy schedules and travel, once they are there, no doubt they take it very serious and use it as an important training ground for playing against Chinese opponents. As it shows, playing a slew no-name Chinese players on foreign turf is much more challenging than the usual suspects they face in the Euro leagues.

Edited by LOOPMEISTER - 07/23/2015 at 12:29pm
Saltebor1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saltebor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Please keep in mind also that the China Super League is only a side attraction (some extra $$$) for the European playes during the summer break of the European pro leagues.

I believe players like Dima and Timo take the Super league very seriously. While they probably cannot seriously prepare for it because of their busy schedules and travel, once they are there, no doubt they take it very serious and use it as an important training ground for playing against Chinese opponents. As it shows, playing a slew no-name Chinese players on foreign turf is much more challenging than the usual suspects they face in the Euro leagues.

Where in my quote you found excuses. You need to be more creative. If Dima will have training as Chinese players do from the childhood he probably will be a world champion.

Edited by Saltebor1 - 07/23/2015 at 1:03pm
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Saltebor1 Saltebor1 wrote:

Where in my quote you found excuses. You need to be more creative. If Dima will have training as Chinese players do from the childhood he probably will be a world champion.

Oh so the reason he's not world champion yet is because he didn't train in China from childhood? Is this another excuse? I'm pretty creative, aren't I?

Seriously though, I think he would probably have become one of the no-name players he lost to, able to beat world #6 but never gets a chance to show up at international stage
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic