Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy 05 FX vs Tenergy 80 FX !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
entel5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entel5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tenergy 05 FX vs Tenergy 80 FX !!!
    Posted: 07/26/2015 at 5:05pm
any of you guys played with both ? what are the main differences ? I keep hearing good things about T80 fx and was gonna try it . I have used T05 fx and it's pretty good but sometimes it bottoms out , I read some place that Tenergy 80 FX has the spin of 05 fx and speed of Tenergy 64 but with great control . Please do a comparison.
Thanks
Sponsored Links

Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2015 at 8:26pm
T05fx have much control and is very little slower than T80fx.
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
entel5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entel5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

You mean to say you prefer Tenergy 05 fx over Tenergy 80 fx ?
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by entel5 entel5 wrote:

Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

You mean to say you prefer Tenergy 05 fx over Tenergy 80 fx ?
Yap, I prefer T05fx.
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2015 at 8:21pm
yay two identicle players, same style, loop, age, training, level......
so get what he gets , make sense to me
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
entel5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entel5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2015 at 10:08pm
Does anyone else have a more detailed comparison ?
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2015 at 12:50am
Well, if T05 FX keeps bottoming out, I don't think that switching to a rubber with the same hardness sponge will help much.
stevenjlyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2015 at 4:59am
I've been used T05FX and T80 over half year. yes, agree with your feeling that T05FX sometimes bottoms out. but T80 will not. i don't know if T80FX is like T80 too. but T80 is more consistent that T05FX. 
ZJK ALC 90g: T80 + T05FX
Boll ALC 89g: AIROC M + Calibra LT Spin
entel5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entel5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2015 at 10:24pm
I have tried T80 , it's too fast . I am interested to know about T80 FX .
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 4:02am
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

Well, if T05 FX keeps bottoming out, I don't think that switching to a rubber with the same hardness sponge will help much.

+1

The T80FX top sheet is softer than T05FX top sheet and the sponge is the same...

If you are genuinely bottoming out T05FX and you like the performance of the spin, I think your answer is T05...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
bruceleew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruceleew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 3:55am
Although I ersonally don't use t05 fx. But have played with it a long time ago...having played both, I'd recommend the 05 as it has a bit softer feel.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 11:15am
T05fx has a higher throw and I feel is a great BH rubber. T80fx has medium throw and will suit the FH. Just my 2 rusty red cents. :)
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 2:14pm
Played a lot with both. Here is my take:

1. In speed they are comparable. Perhaps 80FX is a tad faster
2. In spin 05FX is probably a bit better but they are very close especially in stronger shots
3. In spring/catapult - 80FX has a more prominent catapult but still controllable imho
4. General control - 05FX a little better
5. Hardness - they are supposed to be the same, but my general feeling is that 80FX feels a bit harder on my BBC blade (thick cypress outers). It bottoms out less frequently than 05FX.
6. Throw angle - I would say about the same.

For a controlled attacker I would recommend use 80FX on FH and 05FX on BH. Unless BH is your main weapon...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
entel5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entel5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

2. In spin 05FX is probably a bit better but they are very close especially in stronger shots
3. In spring/catapult - 80FX has a more prominent catapult but still controllable imho
5. Hardness - they are supposed to be the same, but my general feeling is that 80FX feels a bit harder on my BBC blade (thick cypress outers). It bottoms out less frequently than 05FX.

For a controlled attacker I would recommend use 80FX on FH and 05FX on BH. Unless BH is your main weapon...

Thanks for the nice review, actually my main weapon is my backhand so in that case what would you recommend?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 3:53pm
Give T80FX a go. Most of the backhand players in my club (with me being the exception) use T80FX or T80 on that side.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Dean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 5:48pm
I played with T64 on BH of Viscaria for many years. No other tested rubber was able to replace the T64 for me. Until I tested the T80FX earlier this year. I felt familiar with it and besides being very similar to the T64 (to me) it even delivered some advantages to my game, compared to the T64.

As the question here is about T80FX and T05FX, here´s my experience:

- I terms of speed and spin, they are nearly equal, T80FX being slightly faster, T05FX being slightly spinnier.
- To me, T80FX is more controllable in every situation, as it has a significant lower throw.
- T80FX feels harder, more directly, whereas I experience the T05FX being a bit "mushy".

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2015 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by entel5 entel5 wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Thanks for the nice review, actually my main weapon is my backhand so in that case what would you recommend?

As NextLevel commented already - both T-80 and T-80FX are very good options for the BH. Which one, and what thickness - depends on the speed of your blade, on your style and on general level of control you are trying to get.

CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2015 at 12:53pm
T80 is the best blocking rubber I have used and excels in counter-looping and swift drives...

However, the FX versions of both 05 & 80 are easier to lift backspin with...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2019 at 1:45am
New era comparison for plastic balls
Could  you please  compare t80fx with t05fx? Topspin to heavy backspin, drives, push, spinsensitivity-but for plastic balls.
I am considering  change t05 fx for 80 fx- because new trend is thinner topsheet for plastic balls. I have tried many rubbers and generally is true. Its easier to play, its not necessary to play for 100%.
Is generally 80 fx more suitable for plastic balls? 
I play close to table, first heavy spin and then drives a spin.
Thank you
Facepalm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Facepalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2019 at 5:48am
Originally posted by jackass22 jackass22 wrote:

New era comparison for plastic balls
Could  you please  compare t80fx with t05fx? Topspin to heavy backspin, drives, push, spinsensitivity-but for plastic balls.
I am considering  change t05 fx for 80 fx- because new trend is thinner topsheet for plastic balls. I have tried many rubbers and generally is true. Its easier to play, its not necessary to play for 100%.
Thank you

Most players nowadays would prefer T05FX instead of T80FX to ensure they can get the spin they require. With a controllable blade, T05FX is not particularly fast nor unpredictable anyway, and will probably be better at generating spin on drives while giving you more options when looping. 

The trend for thinner top sheets mainly applies to new generation tensors with very thick sponges, which Tenergy doesn't have. 
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2019 at 6:12am

Topspin to heavy backspin, drives, push, spinsensitivity-but for plastic balls.

I have tried both over a 2 year span with plastic balls on my backhand but unfortunately with different blades.  Here are my observations for whatever they're worth:
1. Both are good at topspin shots.  Academically, people might say 05FX is stronger due to the pip structure but I did not notice any real difference.
2. 05FX is able to impart heavier backspin.
3. 80FX was easier to drive and flat hit with. Flat hitting with 05FX felt very awkward and unnatural for me.  I felt like every stroke had to be some sort of looping stroke but that could be because I suck. LOL
4. Both are ok at pushing but I find the non-FX versions of Tenergy better for keeping the ball low.  The soft sponge is a tad bouncier.  I found 05FX to also be more spin-sensitive than 80-FX.

If I had to choose one of the two to use, I would choose 80FX because it seems more versatile or at least allows me to do what I want more easily.  However my favorite Tenergy is 80!  I did a lot of EJ-ing between Tenergies but I always end up going back to 80.

I think both are fine for plastic balls.  If you like to drive I think 80FX may suit you more but the best way is to really try for yourself.  I get that it's not always possible but there's no information like firsthand information, haha. 

Edited by iamj8 - 01/14/2019 at 6:14am
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 4:14pm
Its big difference between 1.9 vs 2.1 in tenergy 80fx?
Is it bog difference between t80 vs t80fx in spin and speed?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2019 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by iamj8 iamj8 wrote:

Topspin to heavy backspin, drives, push, spinsensitivity-but for plastic balls.

I have tried both over a 2 year span with plastic balls on my backhand but unfortunately with different blades.  Here are my observations for whatever they're worth:
1. Both are good at topspin shots.  Academically, people might say 05FX is stronger due to the pip structure but I did not notice any real difference.
2. 05FX is able to impart heavier backspin.
3. 80FX was easier to drive and flat hit with. Flat hitting with 05FX felt very awkward and unnatural for me.  I felt like every stroke had to be some sort of looping stroke but that could be because I suck. LOL
4. Both are ok at pushing but I find the non-FX versions of Tenergy better for keeping the ball low.  The soft sponge is a tad bouncier.  I found 05FX to also be more spin-sensitive than 80-FX.

If I had to choose one of the two to use, I would choose 80FX because it seems more versatile or at least allows me to do what I want more easily.  However my favorite Tenergy is 80!  I did a lot of EJ-ing between Tenergies but I always end up going back to 80.

I think both are fine for plastic balls.  If you like to drive I think 80FX may suit you more but the best way is to really try for yourself.  I get that it's not always possible but there's no information like firsthand information, haha. 

I generally agree with this. Some comments (since I played with 05FX, 80 and 80-FX)

a) T-80FX is more universal imho. T-05 FX sometimes bottoms out a little easier than T-80FX and also has a bit less contorl on blocks and flat hitting.

b) The only positive (for my style) advantage of T-80 over T-80FX is a little more stability on blocks.

c) I would say that if you play close to the table and you have a really good touch then go with T-80. Otherwise T-80FX was better for me.

Generally, my take on this is that for controlled attack and universal style T-80FX is the best of these three.

Edited by JimT - 02/11/2019 at 10:23pm

jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2019 at 2:19am
I have been playing with t80fx 1.9 for 2 weeks and i am very satisfied  Much better then spin reactive tenergy 05fx.
Which blade have you considered , that it played well with tenergy 80fx?
Is t80 much more dificult to control than tenergy 80fx?
Is big difference between 1.9 and 2.1 in tenergy 80fx?

Edited by jackass22 - 02/10/2019 at 2:21am
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 10:26pm

I have been playing with t80fx 1.9 for 2 weeks and i am very satisfied  Much better then spin reactive tenergy 05fx.
Which blade have you considered , that it played well with tenergy 80fx?
Is t80 much more dificult to control than tenergy 80fx?
Is big difference between 1.9 and 2.1 in tenergy 80fx?

Virtually all of my blades played really well with T-80FX... and I have tried quite a few.

T-80 is just a couple of degrees harder which makes it better in attack and blocking but only for players with good enough technique and touch to control it properly. As it is harder it behaves slightly differently in short game, in pushes and in generating spin.

Difference between 2.1 and 1.9 mm for T-80FX is not big - slightly less speed and that's about it.

And you are right, T-80FX is less sensitive to the incoming spin than T-05FX. I like that.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic