FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Plastic Balls List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DrBacterius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plastic Balls List
    Posted: 07/30/2015 at 7:03am
We can try to make a list about plastic balls avaliable today. We can talk only about 3* ball due to the quality of non 3*.

Andro (Seamed)
Butterfly -Made in China- (Seamed)
Cornilleau (Seamed)
DHS (Seamed)
Donic (Seamed)
Double Fish (Seamed)
Gambler - Non ITTF- (Seamless)
Hanno (Seamless)
Joola (Seamed)
Kingnik (Seamless)
Kinson (Seamed)
Nittaku SHA -Made in China- (Seamed)
Nittaku PREMIUM -Made in Japan- (Seamed)
Nexy (Seamless)
Palio (Seamless)
Stiga (Seamed)
Tibhar (Seamed)
Xushaofa (Seamless)
Yasaka (Seamed)
Yinhe (Seamless)

Edited by DrBacterius - 07/30/2015 at 7:04am
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

My Feedback
Sponsored Links

Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2015 at 8:24am
What I would find more interesting is where some of these are available. I've purchased XSF from PingPongDepot in Canada, but I would like to try a couple of other brands. Is it possible to buy Hanno? Who is selling Kingnik and Nexy? Does anyone in Australia sell any of the seamless balls?
kuifje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuifje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2015 at 8:34am
Tibhar SL (seamless) - in UK, sold by Bribar
Joola Flash (seamless)
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2015 at 9:21am
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

What I would find more interesting is where some of these are available. I've purchased XSF from PingPongDepot in Canada, but I would like to try a couple of other brands. Is it possible to buy Hanno? Who is selling Kingnik and Nexy? Does anyone in Australia sell any of the seamless balls?

Kingnik is sold by ZeroPong who also sells their Gambler house brand of the same seamless ball at half the price.  The Gambler 40+ is only USATT approved and not ITTF approved which helps to keep the price down.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2015 at 9:24am
I just saved you the trouble.

Click here:

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf1.asp?category=balls

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2015 at 2:22pm
All the seamless ball brands by the courtesy of Minkow china. The best one to cooperate with. Catering tt goods is somewhat an art, yes.
I am the artist, yes. China is my lovely friends, yes.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2016 at 5:18am
I try to check in on the ball list every week or so.  May as well hijack this thread for updates, eh?

New entry today - new ball from DHS.

DHS - D40+ - White with seam - Made in China

Beyond the addition of the "D", I have no other news.  But everything is better with a bit more "D", right guys?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2016 at 9:11am
Curious.  Wonder how or if it's different?  The other thing I noticed is that several other companies are starting to market seamless balls.  Also Gambler is only approved to sell plastic balls until June 2016, as with Adidas, which makes me wonder why?
tt-panopticum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt-panopticum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2016 at 9:17am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I try to check in on the ball list every week or so.  May as well hijack this thread for updates, eh?

New entry today - new ball from DHS.

DHS - D40+ - White with seam - Made in China

Beyond the addition of the "D", I have no other news.  But everything is better with a bit more "D", right guys?

Curious as well, could be a licensed Weener type variant (hence the "D" for Deutschland??) or
perhaps a Nittaku licensed type (just because there is this long time partnership with this two companies.
Only wild guessing though
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2016 at 9:32am
Can you add Xiom 40+ ball? Its one of the best balls i have used so far, it feels like an improved version of XSF 40+
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2016 at 9:47am
Butterfly G40+ (Seamed - Made in Germany)...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2016 at 9:49am
Xiom is seamless, it could be they are using a narrower QC range than XSF, although I wasn't personally able to tell any difference in the one box of three I had (not a big sample size).

I have to say, though, that these days I play with Nittaku 40+ almost exclusively and only use XSF for serve practice and multiball. 

And being lazy these days I almost never do multiball (although I should).

As for the new DHS ball, my sincerest hope is that they have some sort of arrangement with Nittaku and they are using the same process as for the NP40+.  I have no reason to believe that is the case, other than previous working relationships between those companies.  I am just expressing hope.

Once I figure out who sells the new D version of DHS 40+ I will buy some.  I bought some of the regular DHS 40+ with an October 2015 manufacture date and was still very unhappy with their playing properties and bounce height, except they seemed rounder.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2016 at 9:52am
Here again is the official list so we don't need to keep it here.

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf1.asp?category=balls

zeropong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeropong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2016 at 9:55am
Baal, those are the seamed ball, Gambler got them approved but they were such crap we tossed them in the bin, they never hit the market:P We went with USATT approval for the far superior seamless ball, we do not really have an international market for balls, I chose to give money to the USATT for approval for round 2 and I do not regret that decision.

Igor is correct that one company is making all the 3 star seamless at this point.

Issues of variations in seamless ball quality come down to when the balls were made, 2016 balls are notably better than last year, smaller, rounder and more durable. How the vendor stores or ships them is likely the biggest factor. The balls are heat sensitive and MUST be stored in a conditioned environment, additionally we will not order a container in the summer as the balls can get damaged in transit by just heat build up in the container.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2016 at 9:57am
Thanks for that info.  I knew there ihas only ever been one factory making seamless balls.  I am glad the latest versions are smaller, after getting used to Nittaku 40+, the XSF balls from Spring 2015 feel a bit like beach balls.  Also, they probably needed just a little more margin for error to always make ITTF weight requirements, the Spring 2015 balls were legal but at the very top end.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic