Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Acuda Blue P1 vx Evo MX-S

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Madridwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Madridwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acuda Blue P1 vx Evo MX-S
    Posted: 07/31/2015 at 8:04am
I will buy rubber on my fh. Choose is evo mx-s and acuda blue p1. I have blade victas koji matsushita. I play major topspin and contratopspin. What i should choose ?
PS Sorry if i bad written
Sponsored Links

Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 10:11am
Both are similar but it seems that the Acuda Blue P1 is like a "tamer" version of the MX-S.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 11:27am
The Acuda-P1 has a super, super soft topsheet. It's completely different than the MX-S, which is more of a Chinese-Euro hybrid.

I absolutely hated the P1 (I only tried 5 min though), so I can't really advise you for it, and I found the MX-S too difficult to play – great when on position, but really hard to play when timing is off, out of position, etc. On the other hand, it's very stable for blocking and the short game is great. It's also very, very heavy. Much more than T05 and any other hard tensor I've tried.

Depending on your level, MX-S may not be so suited. I found it better on flexible blades in any case. MX-P can be a good candidate too.

My preference at the moment is on the Omega V Tour. I find it very similar with plastic Xushaofas to T05 on celluloid. Good touch, very good for looping and counterlooping. And it's not too expensive either.
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

The Acuda-P1 has a super, super soft topsheet. It's completely different than the MX-S, which is more of a Chinese-Euro hybrid.

I absolutely hated the P1 (I only tried 5 min though), so I can't really advise you for it, and I found the MX-S too difficult to play – great when on position, but really hard to play when timing is off, out of position, etc. On the other hand, it's very stable for blocking and the short game is great. It's also very, very heavy. Much more than T05 and any other hard tensor I've tried.

i agree with bran. if you like yinhe big dipper, MX-S is like big dipper but easier to play with

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

i agree with bran. if you like yinhe big dipper, MX-S is like big dipper but easier to play with

I would have completely disagreed with you a month ago only because I would have though the fact that Big Dipper is slower makes it easier to play with as the ball arcs better off it.

But I think that where I agree with you is more that MX-S is like Big Dipper but faster.  That makes it easier to play with in some ways and harder in others.  
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 10:31am
Acuda P1 has a significantly softer topsheet and produces less spin on loops. It is harmless when not tuned.  I played for three hours with P1 on on side of my blade and MX-S on the other. The difference was that P1 is tuned with Falco Long.

With the celluloid ball, P1 was very bad and MX-S was quite good. MX-S outplayed the Donic in every possible segment of the game.

When we played with a Joola 40+ ball, the tuned P1 was very good. About 15% faster on fast loops and maybe spinnier and surprisingly more stable. The softness of the topsheet was of great help but I am sure that when MX-S is tuned, it will be better than P1 even with the plastic ball.

My advice is that if you play with the celluloid, go for the MX-S. If you will be using plastic, both are an option but P1 has to be tuned to work really well. MX-S is usable when untuned but you will have to work hard.
Carryboy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carryboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 1:57pm
P1 really is a useless rubber for forehand attack. While unusable on my forehand I found it usable on my backhand for my style of play. It pushes really well, stable in the short game And blocks really well, on my backhand it reminds me of 05Fx. plan on sticking with it on the backhand for awhile.
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 4:59pm
The two rubbers are completely different. Do you want a very hard rubber without catapult effect that requires you to generate all of the energy yourself, then go fo MX-S. Do you want a soft rubber that is at the verge of bottoming out, but which offers excellent control, go with the P1. Assuming your blade has a soft outer veneer, I would go with the MX-S. 
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 7:30pm
P1 is faster and has a softer topsheet.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2015 at 8:24pm
I  have never played with the P1 so pardon the ignorance, but what is so bad with a hard sponge and soft topsheet combo?
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 12:57am
Like patrickhrdlicka  wrote: these rubbers are really different. MX>S is definitely not better for everyone! Of course you will get more spin with MX>S if you have the right technique, but it is MUCH easier to generate spin with P1 and P1 also has MUCH better control. Therefore P1 is the better rubber for beginners or players in lower leagues. It is really fun to play with this rubber.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2015 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Like patrickhrdlicka  wrote: these rubbers are really different. MX>S is definitely not better for everyone! Of course you will get more spin with MX>S if you have the right technique, but it is MUCH easier to generate spin with P1 and P1 also has MUCH better control. Therefore P1 is the better rubber for beginners or players in lower leagues. It is really fun to play with this rubber.

+1 Magic_M. I have ordered a sheet of P1 just because it is so fun to play with.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2018 at 5:34am
Post resurection after three years...
MX-S VS. Acuda Blue P1 ,with PLASTIC BALL ?

I would add the underrated Tibhar Quantum which is a fantastic forehand rubber.
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic