FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Play of Genius. Blocking skills.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Play of Genius. Blocking skills.
    Posted: 07/31/2015 at 8:03pm
THE most renowned Oddy (allrounder) of Israel lands.   Ukraina born. Utterly demolishing play. Friendship755 rubber on backhand (red).   The play to answer a Hebrew`s mindset best. I love it so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htirRjU_u1M
http://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj9qdMnJCkA
Sponsored Links

igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 8:06pm
THE most renowned Oddy, blocker-puncher, of Israel lands.   Ukraina born. Utterly demolishing play. Friendship755 rubber on backhand (red).   The play to answer a Hebrew`s mindset best. I love it so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htirRjU_u1M
http://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj9qdMnJCkA
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2015 at 10:57pm
He makes it look so easy. 
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 1:49am
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

He makes it look so easy. 
I think it is the same guy, won the first game 11-0 Ouch ; 

He won the 2012-2013 championship; both finalists played the same style. No one knows how to play LP blocker in Israel??? LOLLOLLOLLOL

Did he treat his LP??  The ball was hardly pop-up on him.

Edited by Egghead - 08/01/2015 at 11:26am
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 5:26am
this rubber typology in italy is used by most player,
the rubber is NOT REGULAR, but whit the ITTF rule
you can not control the minimum friction out of the approval by ITTF.
Work like old
"vitrified" frictionless long pimple.
In Italy a lot of player go to work for change the rule and stop the frictionless rubber by
the introduction of minimun friction for any rubber and the possibility
to control the rubber surface friction.
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 6:04am
the player that use this rubber not is genius is  regular "cheater" TX ITTF RULE
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 8:36am
those long pips look mighty illegal....
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 9:05am
even if you think it should be the skill of a player and not his rubber to decide who wins or loses sends an email through your company  to ITTF and asking him to put his hand to regulate this bug

Edited by andras - 08/01/2015 at 9:12am
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 10:01am
755 is absolutely legal. I have no idea who this guy is, but if he has 755 then the burden of proof is on the accuser. I always find it funny when tenergy users call LP player rubber "cheating."
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 10:04am
The rubber is modified at home when
you buy it it is regular .
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 11:12am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

755 is absolutely legal. I have no idea who this guy is, but if he has 755 then the burden of proof is on the accuser. I always find it funny when tenergy users call LP player rubber "cheating."

I have no dog in this fight.  I'm a born again hardbat man, and have been since 1997, after having witnessed the DiMaggiolike play of the mighty Reisman and his 5-ply Leyland shod Hock.

But it seems to me that if the Tenergy crowd can use anything from paraffin oil to I Can't Believe It's Not Butter to turbocharge their Tenergy the LP Darksiders should be able to epoxidize, shave, raise, lower, separate, or otherwise alter their pips in order to provide (harrumph!) an even playing field for them so that they may be able to dropshoot those turbocharged loops, right?  After all, unfair is unfair.  And to paraphrase Diana Ross of the Supremes, What's Skill Got to Do With It?
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 11:21am
Originally posted by andras andras wrote:

The rubber is modified at home when
you buy it it is regular .

How is it that you know what this player is doing?  
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 11:28am
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Yes, there is that, and then there is the issue as to whether it should be illegal to begin with.  

Further, keep in mind that even if something is illegal that does not mean that using it negates the skill of the player. Leyland rubber is no longer legal or approvable using ITTF standards since the pips are only .8mm high and the minimum standard is 1mm.  But this standard is fairly arbitrary and there is no super advantage that negates skill that you get from using a .8mm high pip rubber  In fact, it's hard to argue that there is any fundamental advantage at all. that's just the height that the pips happened to be made with.  The Leyland rubber wasn't even designed for table tennis to begin with.  Nonetheless, the use of such a rubber is illegal.  I'd say the same is true of frictionless long pips.  I actually found them easier to play against when they were legal than the nearly frictionless long pips I face today. Less friction meant higher predictability in my experience.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 11:45am

the ball that return from the impact have extreme "reverse" spin is IMPOSSIBLE if rubber is legal.

Pimple rubber have minimum friction in ITTF RULE this is the motivation because in this moment best flictionless is antispin (like ABS---BAD--SPIN PARASITE ecc...)and not pimple rubber but frictionless pimple have most destructive return (ball have some strange return).
If long pimple rubber work like total frictionless is 100% modified and NOT RESPECT THE RULE but in turnament not exsist friction test this is the problem.Confused
in my team me have 3 player that use it and know very well this rubber Wink 
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 12:03pm
Where's Pushblocker when we need him?
An EJ to a table tennis player is an equipment junkie. An ej to a mathematician is a standard basis vector.
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 12:04pm
In itlay this illegal rubber have large use and exsist the a very porfessional seller that modify the original rubber  in any aspect, best speed assorbition, extreme frictionless, sponge that afher ball impact not return in initial condition and the next shot have different return, increase the distance from pimple, ecc...ecc..
This rubber destroy the game and the skill if like table tennis write to ITTF for stop the possibility to use it.
nedd only extend the minimun friction rule to all rubber and A TEST  for try it in turnament.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 12:29pm

the ball that return from the impact have extreme "reverse" spin is IMPOSSIBLE if rubber is legal.

Pimple rubber have minimum friction in ITTF RULE this is the motivation because in this moment best flictionless is antispin (like ABS---BAD--SPIN PARASITE ecc...)and not pimple rubber but frictionless pimple have most destructive return (ball have some strange return).
If long pimple rubber work like total frictionless is 100% modified and NOT RESPECT THE RULE but in turnament not exsist friction test this is the problem.Confused

Sorry.  You are looking at fuzzy video and at best are only making a reasonable guess.

At this year's US Open I was fairly convinced that one team we faced un Hardbat Doubles must have some odd non-legal rubber on their rackets.  But the match had already started and we hadn't looked at their rackets.  So I made no issue of it.  Subsequently another team did take a look and all was legit.  Just goes to show how easy it is to misjudge these things.  And in this case it wasn't fuzzy video, but was me directly playing the match.

When I used inverted, I regularly had people asking me if I had anti-spin on my backhand when I had tacky 729 of some kind. 

The way to know is to examine the rubber directly.  Everything else is a guess at best.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 12:32pm

In itlay this illegal rubber have large use and exsist the a very porfessional seller that modify the original rubber  in any aspect, best speed assorbition, extreme frictionless, sponge that afher ball impact not return in initial condition and the next shot have different return, increase the distance from pimple, ecc...ecc..
This rubber destroy the game and the skill if like table tennis write to ITTF for stop the possibility to use it.
nedd only extend the minimun friction rule to all rubber and A TEST  for try it in turnament.

There are far more players using illegal serves than illegal rubber.  There are probably more illegal inverted rubbers that illegal LP users.
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 12:41pm

the problem not is the speed, the spin and the control this is conditioned by YOUR SKILL the problem is the frictionless that produce destructive shot and NOT NEED SKILL  but only right rubber (you can't produce reverse spin is only your rubber that porduce it) this combine whith another "trick" give to a player that use this not justified advantage (like the player in the video that have BAD skill shot BAD technique BUT WIN because your opponed failed a lot of "simple" ball that not is simple because the rubber cause strange extreme spin reverse and strange ball trayectori) 

blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 12:57pm
lol...imo this guy is even better than pushblocker. He has a kinda He Zhi Wen style high toss serve, a very decent FH block, and also a consistent and devastating FH loop kill to make up the whole package (just like Chen Weixing and Joo actually, who will beat all these loopers easily just like that)

The reason why these videos seem very biased is because he is at a much higher level than his opponents. His opponents just fail to read his spin, and therefore spin the ball way too much (instead of a simpler drive shot taken earlier using blade angle adjustments which gives out a lot less in terms of positioning and puts the opponent under time pressure) which gives him easy late topspin shots which he can manipulate easily with plenty of time. Sometimes, the early topspin (just like what women players do) is a lot deadlier compared to the late spinnier topspin. Just see how Zhang Yining destroyed some of the male players on youtube (I believe it was Mark and Lucjan).

Heck, even really good inverted players can just push and block all day long (without attacking!) and win just like that! And sometimes they do exactly just that...

-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 1:01pm

the problem not is the speed, the spin and the control this is conditioned by YOUR SKILL the problem is the frictionless that produce destructive shot and NOT NEED SKILL  but only right rubber (you can't produce reverse spin is only your rubber that porduce it) this combine whith another "trick" give to a player that use this not justified advantage (like the player in the video that have BAD skill shot BAD technique BUT WIN because your opponed failed a lot of "simple" ball that not is simple because the rubber cause strange extreme spin reverse and strange ball trayectori) 

I assure you if you were given his setup, you would not do as well. Just because his strokes do not look like yours, does not make them BAD. 

I think if you learn to play against LP and the spin they produce/manipulate, it will make you a better player, it's not like they have magical properties...

USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 1:11pm

Sorry.  You are looking at fuzzy video and at best are only making a reasonable guess.

At this year's US Open I was fairly convinced that one team we faced un Hardbat Doubles must have some odd non-legal rubber on their rackets.  But the match had already started and we hadn't looked at their rackets.  So I made no issue of it.  Subsequently another team did take a look and all was legit.  Just goes to show how easy it is to misjudge these things.  And in this case it wasn't fuzzy video, but was me directly playing the match.

When I used inverted, I regularly had people asking me if I had anti-spin on my backhand when I had tacky 729 of some kind. 

The way to know is to examine the rubber directly.  Everything else is a guess at best.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry but:
if me play top spin and when you block my shot your paddle is facing upwards and the ball return me in strong back spin not need more !!!!WinkWink
Me play 2 time at week against this rubber have possibility to try it know how made it and the difference from it and regular long pimple, the team tha have win italian legue have 1 strong player (roberto negro) that use antispin (not long pimple) modified, in italy this rubber in last 2 years have many supporters is esact the same condition that exsist years before with "glazed" and "glazed" is banned  this rubber work the same.
sorry my english but thi  concepts / techniques words  is not easy to translate for meEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 1:34pm

^ Switch paddles with the user and try playing them with it. My money is on them. 

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by wturber wturber wrote:

When you said "....Subsequently another team did take a look and all was legit.  Just goes to show how easy it is to misjudge these things.....", do you mean that the rubber has a big rectangle stamp on the right-hand side? If it is, you are a  better lawyer than Johnnie Cochran LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Where's Pushblocker when we need him?
Ya!!!! we REALLY need him now. I suspect the rubber is treated (if it is 755 LP).

Edited by Egghead - 08/01/2015 at 2:08pm
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 2:01pm

Switch paddles with Ma Long  and try playing ONE SHOT them with it. My money is on them. !!!!!!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

this not have sense the shot is total different if use frictionless need know it is,  the same if bring DR Neubauer and give 2 inverted rubber and demande if it win veteran champion the many time!!!!!! 
 this rubber is NOT REGULAR but in this moment the "rule-bug "  It can be used.

This rubber work equal to "glazed" banned rubber but not is banned.
regular pimple NOT is a problem regular antispin NOT is a problem.OK?Clap
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 2:15pm
That's exactly what Jay meant, Egghead.  In American hard rubber events, some rubbers have a big rectangular stamp on the right-hand side saying in very small print "all is legit--this is an approved rubber for American hardbat play".

"If the rubber's legit--it won't play like s***!"

Alan Dershowitz

Edited by berndt_mann - 08/01/2015 at 2:18pm
bmann1942
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 2:23pm

Switch paddles with Ma Long  and try playing ONE SHOT them with it. My money is on them. !!!!!!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

this not have sense the shot is total different if use frictionless need know it is,  the same if bring DR Neubauer and give 2 inverted rubber and demande if it win veteran champion the many time!!!!!! 

What "rule-bug" ?????
Is it an ITTF approved rubber???
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

That's exactly what Jay meant, Egghead.  In American hard rubber events, some rubbers have a big rectangular stamp on the right-hand side saying in very small print "all is legit--this is an approved rubber for American hardbat play".

"If the rubber's legit--it won't play like s***!"

Alan Dershowitz

That is what I mean, that stamp means s***. I have an ITTF approved LP sheet that the pips top is frictionless but the pips neck is very very grippy LOLLOLLOLLOL
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 2:38pm
Rule Bug, Egghead, was the last table tennis rubber made by Adidas Table Tennis before it crashed and burned.

Rule Bug sells for $54.95 American for both inverted and long pip versions.

Rule Bug is a very respectable rubber for general use among the table tennis loving public, but it does have a substantial drawback.  If you tamper with Rule Bug in any manner before going to play at your club or at a tournament it turns into pixie dust within 30 seconds.  Adidas tells you this on the cover for Rule Bug, but your German has to be at least satisfactory and you should be familiar with German table tennis terms.

Edited by berndt_mann - 08/01/2015 at 2:40pm
bmann1942
andras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

What "rule-bug" ?????
Is it an ITTF approved rubber???

if you after the shop use method for  improve  frictionless of your rubber not is verifiable, your rubber become illegal (same old glaze rubber) but you may use it in any tournament.
many LP reverse the spin, but  is not comparable to that ball back from an LP legal and a "treated".
the video in this page is very expressive for the capacity of this rubber to

increase the capacity of victory of its users far beyond their technical capabilities, the tipology of game
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic