Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P7 Substitute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 9:28am
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

If you like P7, you shoul test Donic Acuda Blue P1.

These are the rubbers which I had in mind to give a try:

Tibhar 5Q+
MX-P

Have you got any experience with these? And can you compare P1 with Adidas P7 in a few sentences? Is it similar, better or close to it?
MX-P and P7 are different in my eyes. I have played with MX-P only for a short time, but the top sheet is harder than P7. P7 and P1 have the same construction: hard sponge (both near 47°) and a soft top sheet. 

I don`t say, that P1 is better than MX-P (for some players this will be right, others will prefer MX-P), but P1 is close to P7 from the playing-skills: not too bouncy, very controllable in passive game, very spinny and fast enough for nearly everything. Maybe P7 has a little higher through compared to P1.

If you are looking for a Tibhar rubber, which is as similar like P7 as possible, you should try MX-S.

Originally posted by vajica vajica wrote:

We also mix celluloid and plastic balls still, and Acuda Blue P1  is horrible with celluloid balls. Low throw and too fast. It plays great with plastic though. 
MX-S behaves much better in both worlds, and so far it is the only other rubber i can play with.
Yet, I still play with P7 untill the stocks vanish :)

You think, that P1 is low through? Shocked And MX-S is higher through?
It seems, that we have a different feeling or different eyes. Wink

MX-S is better, if you are a very good player with perfect technique and if you have good foot work.
In this case MX-S is the right choice, but P1 is much easier to play (similar to P7).

Sponsored Links

vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 9:33am
Could be that I am wrong, but please, notice, I find the throw of P1 too low only with celluloid balls, with plastic it is just right :)
It is much, much, much more difficult to lift the backspin balls than with both P7 and MX-S.

It is (in my humble opinion) also much bouncier with celluloid balls then MX-S, could also be the blade (Avenger Carbon) which has a lot of catapult by itself.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 8:37am
I tried donic acuda blue p1 2 mm as substition for adidas p7, and rasant grip.
Both rubbers had totally another behaviour than adidas p7. RPG and P1 are harder, much lower throw and faster.Is s neceessary stronger swing with hand (only using wrist is not sufficient for loops).

What do you think about classic andro rasant?

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 9:26am
You should try the evolution fxp or quantum s
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 11:04am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

You should try the evolution fxp or quantum s

Is the throw angle of Quantum S as high as P7?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2015 at 8:41pm
Need further info from tests
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2015 at 2:50am
Why do you recommend fx-p and not el-p?
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2015 at 3:53am
Because EL-P has much harder top sheet
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2015 at 4:39am
But isn't fx-p too soft according to it's description? Is it anything like Rakza 7 Soft?
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2015 at 4:51am
Nope,  it plays harder than R7 soft, closer to normal Rakza
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2015 at 4:57am
Originally posted by vajica vajica wrote:

Nope,  it plays harder than R7 soft, closer to normal Rakza

Is it better at spin, speed and serving than R7 or P7? How about serve receiving/incoming spin?
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2015 at 5:41am
depends, I find P7 better at spin and serve, but you have to try it yourself.
It is less sensitive to incoming spin than P7, maybe a bit more than R7, somewhere in between...
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2015 at 7:55pm
I think a good substitute could be cornileau target pro GT with purple color of the box as 4 models exist.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2015 at 2:15pm
Lovers of Adidas' rubbers, should give the Gewo Nanoflex series a thorough look. I have reviewed one of them here: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73730&PN=1#907945

Edited by patrickhrdlicka - 11/28/2015 at 2:16pm
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2017 at 8:13pm
Sorry for the necro guys but seemed more appropriate than starting a new thread.

Has any P7 fans found a substitute eventually that gave the same 'easy' spin and classic touch/feel?
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/21/2017 at 11:46pm
Why buy a substitute when you can buy the real thing?
I have got one RED MAX unused in pack and 1 RED MAX lightly used.
Asking $35 US + shipping (whatever it costs to ship) for both. Let me know if you want them.

vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2017 at 4:06am
I ended up playing T05fx, it is not the same feeling, but gives me very similar results when playing with plastic ball.
Only the serve is not so dangerous anymore, but that is not my strongest side anyway.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2017 at 7:15am
There is no substitute. Only rubbers that faintly approximate the performance of P7 in one or two aspects.
Best thing is to find something similar and get used to it.

MXS= too fast.
T05= too fast, not as spinny.
Bryce= not enough spin, good control.

thanks Obama!!

FdT
ChickenJesus View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChickenJesus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2017 at 11:32am
Isn't ITC the company that made rubbers/blades for Adidas? Shouldn't they have a rubber that is basically the P7 in playing characteristics?
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by ChickenJesus ChickenJesus wrote:

Isn't ITC the company that made rubbers/blades for Adidas?

No ESN made the rubber for Adidas.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2017 at 12:57pm
Best substitutes for me (I was an exclusive P7 user on FH for ages)

1) Tibhar EL-P   -  plays VERY similarly ... I think the most similar rubber I have come across 

2) Tibhar Genius   - not exactly......but those who like P7 like Genius for same reasons

3) Xiom Omega V Euro - maybe this is a tiny bit less easy to control, but an excellent rubber, very similar spin based rubber

I can play without adjustment with all 3... but with EL-P it's almost like holding a P7 in hand
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2017 at 4:03pm
Patrick,

I really appreciate your opinion on Nanoflex, as I've been pondering just how I'm going to replace the Adidas P7 on my BH when it's shot, but I don't think you can look strictly at a rubber from a performance standpoint without taking other factors into consideration.  P7 in 2.0 thickness is 64g uncut, whereas Nanoflex 48 is 70g.  I don't know about you, but I can feel a 2g difference in my blade weight, and if you're looking at an uncut difference of 6g between the two rubbers, that translates into a 4.2g weight increase on the average blade.  I'm wondering what you think of Fastarc G-1, which is only about 2g heavier.  I know the throw angle seems to be a bit lower than the P7 but many of the other stats are closer.  Among my other candidates are Yasaka Rakza 7, and possibly Andro Rasanter R42 or V42.  What are your thoughts?
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
FH: Xiom Omega IV Elite
BH: Xiom Omega VI Europe
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2017 at 9:19pm
i think there is still no direct susbstitute for P7 =( ... the Rakza 7 seems closer to feel but the spin is less. The R47 also has lesser spin than P7. I miss Adidas and their products.

Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2017 at 9:31pm
"Best substitutes for me (I was an exclusive P7 user on FH for ages)

1) Tibhar EL-P   -  plays VERY similarly ... I think the most similar rubber I have come across "

Thanks for sharing Clarence. Funny thing, I have EL-S on my BH on two of my blades (Viscaria). EL-S is definitely faster(about 10%), and about 90% as spinny as P7 I find. It is close though. I was considering trying Tibhar Grip-S, since I had used it before P7. I see what the characteristics of EL-P are and see how it compares. Maybe its a closer fit than EL-S.

FdT

ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2017 at 9:59pm
I agree with yogi_bear - no direct substitute. Perhaps a thinner MX-P? Mind you, I haven't played with P7 in a long time, and many rubbers have been tested since then Smile.  My memory is not as clear any more.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2017 at 10:31pm
There have been so many technical advances in rubber and sponge over the last 2-3 years, and P7 has so many fans, it just amazes me that not one company has attempted to replicate it.  The package of spin, power, control and relative lightness are a winning combination, and it's still relevant in the plastic ball era.  The manufacturer that can introduce a direct replacement will have an immediate following.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2017 at 3:39pm
Using TableTennis Database ratings is an inexact science, but based on early review of Andro Rasanter R42, there is a pretty high correlation of scores on meaningful aspect of rubber performance with that of Adidas P7.

ADIDAS ANDRO
P7 RASANTER R42
SPEED 8.8 9
SPIN 9.6 9.4
CONTROL 9.1 9.2
TACKINESS 2 1.3
WEIGHT 64g 61g
SPONGE HARD 6.5 4.7
THROW ANGLE 6.2 6.7
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2017 at 3:53pm
Hello friends, check the macro photos in http://tt-maximum.com/forum/index.php/topic,4916.msg81362.html#msg81362, 
p7 is the same with m1 (if sponge hardness is 47.5 degree), mx-p, andro hexer and so on, like buterflay tenergy 80 ... but t80 has thiner upper layer like all tenergy from .... 2007 year. Just in 2017 year ESN offers NEW thin upper layer :) Beer

Edited by neon - 08/24/2017 at 4:32pm
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2017 at 1:45am
I was looking at ITC website and found this: Powercell P5!

https://www.itc-tt.com/product-page/powercell-p5

"PowerCell P5" provieds new level of performance which is the ideal fusion of the speed of "PowerCell" MP" and the spin of "PowerCell RS". 

Enhanced tension effect by "Advanced Formula" realizes not only explosive power but also exellent stability.

In February, ITC has said on a Korean forum these words about this rubber (I saw this on TTD):
"ITC P5 feels like combining Adidas P5 and Adidas P7. More spin, less linear".

Maybe this rubber P5 is something to take a look for people who used P7.
(I have never used adidas rubber before, I'm just trying to help)
Rich L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2017 at 8:11am
Nice to know someone is trying to recreate a P7 product.  I guess we'll have to wait for more information to appear on the product, and see how it performs.
Xiom Haybusa Zxi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic