Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donic Crest Off

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2016 at 6:30pm
Just had a 2.5 hour session with my new Crest OFF 92g with M2 max both sides (total weight 189g with tape).

Feels great so far, and M2 has a nice dwelly feeling compared to 05. Although the setup was completely new for me, I managed to take a game off a female international from Hungary who came to play to train to the London Grand Prix (this weekend), and that'll do me, haha.

Tomorrow I will play for an additional 5 hours and I'll be sure to update this thread with my further impressions on the setup.

Edited by SmackDAT - 06/01/2016 at 6:33pm
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2016 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Wolf Wolf wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Miss Wolf, I would reccomend u to play with it more than 2 weeks with it to see how it is playing.I am refering to the the new-equipment-syndrome, where we all find our new equipment ultra-perfect for us.But the truth comes after 2 weeks of practicing with it. Tongue

Anyways...I am looking forward to buy this new, good looking blade.Big smile

He passed some time and I played a lot of hours with Donic Crest Off, and later with Crest Ar + and I would like to correct one thing I see only in hindsight.
At the beginning I was kidnapped with Donic Crest Off fantastic feeling, feedback and accuracy of this blade. Crest Ar + was also good, but still only in the shadow Crest Off. The main reason was that I still could not find the right rubber this blade, I could say right ,, wou!
Only time I used my friend Joola rubber RhyzmTech 2.0 mm Joola Maxxx P 2.0, and here I saw how beautifully tytu rubber working on the blade.
MaxxxP 2.0 on the front of the larger arc, making topspin work very easily and naturally with great attention to accuracy without excessive speed but not all of you to slow your opponent made a tear-off calendar. You can change the speed and pace of play without losing control. I really like the eraser on the front for my technical game and some topspin.
On the back side Rhyzm Tech works like Tenergy 64, just slower and
greater tolerance for error.
For those who have tried this blade and are unsure what to use for rubber to be liked, I recommend you try it in the thickness of 2.0 mm. Tech Rhyzm I tried and Max and it was mushy, very soft and large spread almost like a neighbor's shotgun did not like at all.
Now I can see both blades at the same good level, just choose according to your opponent :)
Wolf.
Hey Wolf,

How did you find JP01 on the Crest OFF? Have you by any chance used any of the Bluefire M's on the Crest OFF?

Thanks LOL
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2016 at 6:43pm
Man, My EJ bug is awaking.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/01/2016 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

Man, My EJ bug is awaking.
Nice!
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/04/2016 at 4:00am
How did you find JP01 on the Crest OFF? Have you by any chance any of the Used Bluefire M's on the Crest OFF?

JP01 max + Crest Off = very driven forehand, with an emphasis on control locations. If you're focused on a strong power spin, it may seem laxness on the part. JP01 max rather lose speed and catapult rigid knives with the exception of Timo Boll ZLC  which works very well. So if you are looking for speed, spin and spin, are preferable rubber on the front side. If you're like long exchanges, plays nicely Acude S2 max, Tibhar Evo ELP max, max MXP and TOP top I found Adidas P5 max. He is unfortunately no longer produced, otherwise I would still play with him.
Serie Blue Fire guess I tried :)
Wolf.
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2016 at 11:52am
I fine tuned my Crest Off by changing the FH rubber from Rasant PG to Rasant Turbo (both 2.0) and took off the edge tape that came with racket to lower the weight. In 3 weeks it went from seldom used to my top setup.  The combined precision and ease of power is top notch.  Having had this revelation I now feel obligated to spread the good word for the blade.  
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2016 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Wolf Wolf wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Miss Wolf, I would reccomend u to play with it more than 2 weeks with it to see how it is playing.I am refering to the the new-equipment-syndrome, where we all find our new equipment ultra-perfect for us.But the truth comes after 2 weeks of practicing with it. Tongue

Anyways...I am looking forward to buy this new, good looking blade.Big smile

He passed some time and I played a lot of hours with Donic Crest Off, and later with Crest Ar + and I would like to correct one thing I see only in hindsight.
At the beginning I was kidnapped with Donic Crest Off fantastic feeling, feedback and accuracy of this blade. Crest Ar + was also good, but still only in the shadow Crest Off. The main reason was that I still could not find the right rubber this blade, I could say right ,, wou!
Only time I used my friend Joola rubber RhyzmTech 2.0 mm Joola Maxxx P 2.0, and here I saw how beautifully tytu rubber working on the blade.
MaxxxP 2.0 on the front of the larger arc, making topspin work very easily and naturally with great attention to accuracy without excessive speed but not all of you to slow your opponent made a tear-off calendar. You can change the speed and pace of play without losing control. I really like the eraser on the front for my technical game and some topspin.
On the back side Rhyzm Tech works like Tenergy 64, just slower and
greater tolerance for error.
For those who have tried this blade and are unsure what to use for rubber to be liked, I recommend you try it in the thickness of 2.0 mm. Tech Rhyzm I tried and Max and it was mushy, very soft and large spread almost like a neighbor's shotgun did not like at all.
Now I can see both blades at the same good level, just choose according to your opponent :)
Wolf.
Hey Wolf, Just received a AR+ STwith J Maxxx P 2.0  FH.  Anxious to try it out tomorrow and compare it to the excellent OFF.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 4:01pm
Wolf,   the AR+ plays well.  I ordered in addition to the  Maxxx, Victas V01 Stiff for the BH.  I ended up using the Joola for the BH and the Victas for the FH. Everything is fine.  BTW I found the OFF more precise and sharper than the AR+ with the AR+ more forgiving during  games (although I haven't played a lot of games in the Summer).  They are my two primary blades currently.  
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2016 at 4:22pm
I like Tom, that you have found pleasure in both boards. I had no idea that I have at the end of the world twin:) And I like both boards, good work, hard to beat the Donic! Maybe Ovtcharov True? :) The bar is high! Victas Stiff 2.0 very good rubber. I liked a lot the Crest Off! As a wild animal fast and not every opponent gave me time to vycenit his teeth each time. Therefore, after playing it for a long time, and I've also praised the quality and greater control of the Crest Are. Both amazing boards, good review. I've read some similes to Butterfly ZLF and ZLC. I can't help, I have had both, but Donic simply better with a greater degree of fault tolerance. 
Good luck Tom! 
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 5:16am
Nobody else have tried this awesomes ZLC blades with any rubbers?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 12:34am
The blade balance is poor: the handle is very light and hollow. If you open it up and put more weight, then you shall have a very good blade.
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 2:36pm
Vega pros definitely a fun blade, but wish xioms handles were a tiny bit thicker and maybe a lil more weight in them would help too like slevin pointed out. Most annoying part is the variations between all the vega pros iv tried, all of them feel like different blades.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

put more weight how? where?

Open up the (hollow) handle and put hide glue / paper clips, etc in to restore blade balance. Or, just put another blades' handle onto the Crest. Otherwise, it is a good blade - a slower MJ but with the same feel.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 3:18pm
For 50$ Charlie(BBC) can customize your existing handle, make it thicker, change handle type, increase/decrease weight in the handle. 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 5:33pm
I forgot I had reviewed this blade earlier:

If you like light rubbers (<45g cut), you don't need to modify the handle. For example, the Acuda Blue P2 would be a great match.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2017 at 2:41pm
Salifou has changed his blade for donic crest off :)
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2018 at 6:08pm
Have you tried new rubbers (rhyzer, xiom omega vii....) on crest ar+ ?
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2020 at 3:26pm
Does anyone have anything to add about Crest AR+?

Is it still relevant for the ABS balls?
Is it fast enough?
Any kick on full swings on fh.
Suitable for Spinlord Keiler on bh maybe?

Stiff enough?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2020 at 3:34pm
Yes I read that, I have messaged him, but I wonder how it is with ABS balls, I find they feel different to the old balls.
My Force Pro feels slow with them.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2020 at 8:12pm
well its carbon vs all wood soo
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic