Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donic Crest Off

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donic Crest Off
    Posted: 08/02/2015 at 5:24am
Hello ,
Some time ago, I noticed there   http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=27585
that Donic released a new blade. However, my interest faded when I found information on the size of the blade 15.5 cm x 14.6 cm Unhappy. I just thought why Donic chose this path smaller size? Perhaps because of the transition to plastic balls to speed up the game? Well, not for me and I let it out of your head.
About a month ago I was able to directly pick up Donic Crest Off and I would like to give some information to debunk.

9 ply blade

1 Limba 0.8 mm
2 + 8 Carbon ZF
3 + 7 Carbon Fleece
4 + 6 Limba 0.8 mm
Middle Kiri 2.8 mm

Thickness 5.9 mm
Weight: 89 g
Size: 158 x 152 mm !!!

The visual impression:

At first glance it is clear that the process is of the highest quality. Absolutely precisely cut, no sharp edges, no protruding fibers, even a sign bearing the sign itself perfectly fits into the handle and does not stick out as the series Champion Waldner 89th Donic engineers have learned the lessons and have taken a big step forward Donic glory! I dare say that I have never had a product in hand Donic such high quality.

How does it play?

Wood is categorized Off. My impression is that it is on the higher side off to the very bottom limit Off +. What fascinates me, literally, it's an absolute rigidity and zero vibrations. No disturbing effect fading after hitting the ball. The dominant feature of wood is really a great feeling! Upon ball impact your blade provides absolutely accurate information and therefore a sense of control is at a very high level. The first test I conducted with my boyfriend and we both agreed that this wood nothing like the feeling of his manuscript Donic, but rather belongs to the family of Butterfly. I personally find it very reminiscent mixed feelings Jun Mizutani and Boll ZLC .Jun Mizutani I really liked, but I did not manage that big catapult and gall Boll was too hard for me, and also the power catapult. Donic Crest for me is precisely the mix of what was in the woods both good for me and even upped the perfect feel. The friend added that it's Jun Mizutani with a sense Photina. I never had, so that thought can not yet be confirmed.

I have played around 8-10h and I'm still feeling abducted this wood. I've tried several rubber and generally speaking, the Crest is well understood with medium and harder rubber.
W.
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

Sponsored Links

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 8:08am
Miss Wolf, I would reccomend u to play with it more than 2 weeks with it to see how it is playing.I am refering to the the new-equipment-syndrome, where we all find our new equipment ultra-perfect for us.But the truth comes after 2 weeks of practicing with it. Tongue

Anyways...I am looking forward to buy this new, good looking blade.Big smile

Edited by *_strataras_* - 08/02/2015 at 8:09am
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 7:36pm
New equipment syndrome is real but not this time because the Creat is truly great. Very comfy to grip as the shoulders are all pre-sanded. No sharp edges there. Craftsmanship is top notch. Personally not a fan of the handle colour scheme. Like it with more black instead of yellow.

Have put Acuda P1 and Desto F1 Plus on it. Many does not like the new Acuda but I found it match perfectly with this blade. Seems like they are made with each other in mind from design. I have a few fast setups but this is simply the easiest to play fast. Looping is natural and landing with beautiful curve so easily. It gives me perfect sense of dwell, ball grip, catapult and punch. Can't say the same for the side with F1. The throw is lower, flatter and long. Have to adjust my loop a bit for it to work. Should have gone with P1 both sides as a looper.     
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 8:58pm
does zf stand for zylon fiber?

4 plys of composite. hmm.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 12:01am
This composition looks close to the Victas Quartet Series SFC, AFC, LFC and VFC. The VFC is Victas equivalent of super ZLC and the LFC is the equivalent of Zylon Fiber. SFC is soft carbon and AFC is arylate.
Is the Donic also made in China? If yes, they are probably made in the same factory.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 08/03/2015 at 12:05am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 5:34am
They look like SoulSpin blades to me...
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 6:06am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

They look like SoulSpin blades to me...

That would not surprised me either, since they've already got other blades made by Soulspin.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2015 at 6:24am
The German theme of the handle align with this. The WC89 blades also had a German flag in the protruding lense.

Same for the carbon fleece and zylon fiber, same material they were using.
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2015 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Miss Wolf, I would reccomend u to play with it more than 2 weeks with it to see how it is playing.I am refering to the the new-equipment-syndrome, where we all find our new equipment ultra-perfect for us.But the truth comes after 2 weeks of practicing with it. Tongue

@ STRATARAS -I hope that this will not be my case even though you never know, right? So far, this blade brings a lot of joy to play Wink 

@TurboZ - I don't know how to play F1 P,  but if you really want to experience a great feeling of the game, so I suggest try Victas Stiff 2.0 mm. Played absolutely fantastic, accurately and sufficiently progressive. The condition, however, are quick feet, which I don't have Smile Really worth a try if you have the opportunity? 
If you are looking for more control and tolerance, can give Adidas P5 max or Donic JP 01 max. Adidas P5 max stands out better on a plastic balloon JP 01 max a better playing with celluloid. New Acuda P1 2.0 mm is also a good choice. In my opinion the universal blade on medium-medium hard rubber.

Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2015 at 4:30am
Thanks for the tips Wolf. Have not thought about buying anything from Victas as that is quite an unknown brand to me and their pricing is on par with many top ones. Usually I stock my rubbers from TT11 but they don't seems to carry the Stiff model you recommended. Will see if I can get the chance to try it in the future.

Probably won't consider anything from Adidas either as the brand is quitting the TT business. I have JP-01 Turbo and Acuda P1 and love them both. Especially love the loud click from P1 on Crest. I found this combo generate the click with little effort and insane speed.   
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2015 at 4:44am
Originally posted by Wolf Wolf wrote:

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

@ STRATARAS -I hope that this will not be my case even though you never know, right? So far, this blade brings a lot of joy to play Wink 

I hope u will enjoy it more than u expected my lady! :)

OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2015 at 1:18pm
If you like the sound at impact of the ball at P1 on the Crest , you can be sure that the Stiff would have liked even more . I tried both the rubber at the same time and the stiff was the clear winner . Gaming practice has proved that if you handle the speed of the Stiff, your opponent has far greater problems block and the face of the oncoming ball . They confirmed to me that all the sparring with whom I played . However, when you do not have enough strength to be on the ball first ,so then it is easier to play with the P1

A short comparison:

Speed :         Victas Stiff 2.0  > P1 2.0
Arc :             Victas Stiff 2.0  < P1 2.0
Hardness:     Victas Stiff 2.0  > P1 2.0
Sound:         Victas Stiff 2.0  > P1 2.0
Aggression : Victas Stiff 2.0  > P1 2.0

With regard to Adidas ,unfortunately, I have also heard the bad news , that are leaving the market . Also, I heard that the brand Adidas just took advantage of a rich German ,in order to better sell . The actual Adidas has ever not worry about sales . For this reason I believe that Adidas will be still on the market , just under a different name . They are successful rubber ,so why would the ESN to stop what is working well ? I just hope that příjmou a better price !

W.
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2015 at 2:56pm
I've dipped my toes into the Crest pool with the AR+ version.  Hopefully give it a bash tomorrow night.  It's incredibly well made but from just bouncing a ball on the blade I can't see how it could ever be called allround in any sense of the word - seems a lot faster than that.  But I could be surprised, you never know!

Outer veneer Limba 0,8 mm
2+8 Limba 0,8mm
3+7 Carbon ZF
4+6 Carbon fleece
Middle veneer Ayous 2,8 mm
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2015 at 4:08pm
Hi Andy , 

Crest AR is the speed at the very bottom of the edge Off , at least mine was as follows . I prefer the Crest Off , won me over right from the first contact ,but the Crest of the AR is also a very nice wood . 
What are you planning to put under the rubber ? 
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2015 at 4:19pm
I have tried crest ar+. Its awsome blade.Its definitely off, not off-. Its more better than butterfly timo boll blades...
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2015 at 5:15pm

Hi Andy , 

Crest AR is the speed at the very bottom of the edge Off , at least mine was as follows . I prefer the Crest Off , won me over right from the first contact ,but the Crest of the AR is also a very nice wood . 
What are you planning to put under the rubber ? 

I've got a whole cupboard full of stuff to try, but I'm going in with Adidas P7 FH / Acuda Blue P2 BH for starters.

I've been using a WSC JO Shape last season and I was looking for a similar feeling but a small bump in speed (new ball blues).  The Crest AR+ might be too big a jump, not sure yet, but it's a reasonable place to start in the Limba/Limba/Fiber area.
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 10:21am
You are a happy man ,when you have a home such a rare wardrobe ! 
I also have a home full of cabinets,but not as rare as yours ! 
Definitely go well with Adidas and P2 . I tried P1 2.0 and Adidas P5 max and with the Crest Off works very well . Especially the P5 makes on the side of the opponents quite strong wrinkles  Wink I Hope that the P7 will work in your hands even better ! 
W.
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2015 at 9:29am
First session with the Crest AR+ latst night.  I would usually break the session up by trying different rubbers, but I was pretty happy with the P7/P2 setup I went with and stuck with that for the whole night.

I'm very happy with the way it went.  The AR+ isn't allround at all, more like the lower end of Off, and it pretty much satisfies my want for a faster alternative to my WSC.  The feel is different and is a bit tricky to describe at this stage (need more time), but it has a sharper feel and less feedback for sure.

The good news for me is that it has a very similar performance to the WSC on loops and in the short game - slightly faster, but that's it - easy to use and effective.  Touch over the table was spot on.  On more direct shots it feels much more solid and definite, and adds a chunk of speed in comparison, which is exactly what I was looking for.  Blocking is noticeably better for me with the Crest, but the main highlight is counterlooping from 1-2m back.  I have been struggling to get enough power on the new ball from back there with the WSC (and I'm not going to be pumping myself up to compensate for various reasons) but the Crest has just enough umph to help with this without being too fast in other areas.

Sweet spot is large but not as massive as found in the WC89 series.  Fit and finish is excellent, although I did end up with a sore spot on the inside of my thumb from the handle (might just be me though).  The only real downside to the Crest AR+ is the lack of feel, but it's comparable to similar ZLC/Innerforce type blades so it comes with the territory.  I definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of going for an IF-ZLC, for example.

Great combination with the P7.  The Acuda P2 is still a bit of an enigma to me, but feels much better on the Crest than the Acuda P3 I tried on the WSC last month.  I was prepared to switch the P2 around but I'm going to stick with it for a while - for me, the topsheet really does help with grab feel with the new ball, and although there are other trade-offs to be had with it I feel that it's a worthwhile adjustment to make.

Edited by AndySmith - 09/08/2015 at 9:29am
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 10:08am
Hi Andy , 

nice review and I agree with you .However, if you want to experience a better feeling ,you simply need to try the Crest Off,there is no other way to achieve this . This is exactly the reason why I chose Off and still satisfied :) 
Good luck , 
W. 
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 10:33am

Hi Andy , 

nice review and I agree with you .However, if you want to experience a better feeling ,you simply need to try the Crest Off,there is no other way to achieve this . This is exactly the reason why I chose Off and still satisfied :) 
Good luck , 
W. 

I'm quite happy with the feel of the AR+ actually - it's just a bit numb compared with the WSC, but I expected that.  I didn't go with the Crest Off because I didn't want more of the composite feel.  I prefer the composite to be next to the core these days rather than under the outer ply.  I'm quite happy and I'll be ordering a backup.  Did very well in a league match last night with it.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 12:57pm
So is the fleece under the limba and the ZLC on each side of the core?

Veneer structure: 9-ply
Outer veneer Limba 0,8 mm
2+8 Carbon ZF
3+7 Carbon fleece
4+6 Limba 0,8 mm
Middle veneer Kiri 2,8 mm
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by lineup32 lineup32 wrote:

So is the fleece under the limba and the ZLC on each side of the core?

<span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;">Veneer structure: 9-ply</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;">Outer veneer Limba 0,8 mm</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;">2+8 Carbon ZF</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;">3+7 Carbon fleece</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;">4+6 Limba 0,8 mm</span><br style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;"><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: normal;">Middle veneer Kiri 2,8 mm</span>

Yeah, that's the Crest Off.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 1:39pm
No,hang on. Might have misunderstood you there. The Off has kiri (core) - limba - carbon fleece - zl - limba (outer).

The Crest AR+ has ayous (core) - carbon fleece - zl - limba - limba (outer)

Note that the carbon and zl aren't woven together like a zlc, they're two separate layers.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 2:00pm
http://www.donic.de/index.php?screen=dstore.item.view&TreeNodeID=29686&sid=1

weird the Donic site list both with the same plies, can't find anything that mirrors your feedback, but I expect you are correct as it would not make sense to have the OFF and AR the same.  
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 2:08pm
I'm going to put that down to a copy/paste error on the donic site. They are definitely different.

This is accurate IMO:

http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=27585

Edited by AndySmith - 09/11/2015 at 3:48am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 2:11pm
Well, I say ooak is accurate but the head sizes there are wrong, as mentioned by the op in this very thread.

Quite a few places have the plies identical for the two blades. Definitely wrong.
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2015 at 5:03pm
Thats why I asked my question I just could not figure out how they rearranged the plies to create one or the other, saves money on materials LOL
BB-Big View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB-Big Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2015 at 12:14am
How about their playing characteristics and feel compare to the popular ZLC blades such as the Innerforce ZLC and Jun ZLC/SZLC?
Thanks.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2015 at 3:57am
Originally posted by BB-Big BB-Big wrote:

How about their playing characteristics and feel compare to the popular ZLC blades such as the Innerforce ZLC and Jun ZLC/SZLC?
Thanks.

The Crest AR+ is pretty close overall to the IF-ZLC.  The AR+ is slightly thicker and vibrates less (although I didn't find the IF-ZLC to be a vibration monster or anything).  I also felt that the AR+ was a bit softer in feel and less bouncy in the short game, while feeling a bit more solid and direct in drives and hits.  It's been a while since I used the IF-ZLC (and that was with celluloid), so take that with a pinch of whatevs.  I wish I could compare them directly but I don't have access to an IF-ZLC at the moment.

It's right up there with the IF-ZLC IMO, and I can get it for half the price.  Excellent.
BB-Big View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB-Big Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2015 at 7:04am
Thanks for your reviews, Andy.

Hope I can try it soon. The only obstacle is its price tag and the exchange rate these days. Sick
And it's quite difficult to choose between the Off or AR+ version.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic