Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Donic Crest Off

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2016 at 5:40am
I'm now in my off season and trying different blades out, so I'm happy to send my Crest AR+ blades (FL handles) out for forum members to test and report back on.  If you are:

A fairly reputable forum member, or can be vouched for by someone awesome.
Willing to pay postage if going overseas.
OK to post a short feedback review on the forum (an honest one, don't feel obliged to sugar-coat it).
A decent human being who will send the blade back (or on to the next person) and not steal it.

Then send me a PM.
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2016 at 10:25am
Great initiative Andy!
Clap
ray james View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ray james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2016 at 12:37pm

My friend has the Crest OFF , he found it a little to fast for him  especially with Max Donic M1 rubbers !. I have had a go it  here are my thoughts 

Weighing in at 90grams  the blade feels well balanced and strangely light in the hand. Yes the blade is fast but very controllable, with great feedback 

I found blocking and counter hitting, looping  very easy  and as  there is no vibration I found receiving serve a lot easier then my viscaria

It's a fantastic blade well made  however I would need to use it lot more to explore and maximise its potential 

DHS PG7

F/H hurricane neo national 2.15

B/H XIOM Omega V1 pro max

ray james View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ray james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2016 at 1:47pm
My friend has decided to sell his blade as its fast for him . i will post pictures and details in the for sale section. 
DHS PG7

F/H hurricane neo national 2.15

B/H XIOM Omega V1 pro max

Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2016 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by ray james ray james wrote:

My friend has the Crest OFF , he found it a little to fast for him  especially with Max Donic M1 rubbers !. I have had a go it  here are my thoughts 

Weighing in at 90grams  the blade feels well balanced and strangely light in the hand. Yes the blade is fast but very controllable, with great feedback 

I found blocking and counter hitting, looping  very easy  and as  there is no vibration I found receiving serve a lot easier then my viscaria

It's a fantastic blade well made  however I would need to use it lot more to explore and maximise its potential 

Tell your friend to try 2.0mm rubber (not max) to slow it down a bit. OR try a different rubber that is slower than M1
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2016 at 5:47pm
@AndySmith, I'm aware you are not a fan of the Infinity, but could you compare the AR+ and the Infinity in terms of feel, control and speed?

Thanks!
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2016 at 5:18am
Originally posted by p1ngp0ng3r p1ngp0ng3r wrote:

@AndySmith, I'm aware you are not a fan of the Infinity, but could you compare the AR+ and the Infinity in terms of feel, control and speed?

Thanks!

A few friends of mine have used (and still use) the Infinity, and when I've briefly stolen their setups I  enjoyed it, so it's a nice blade IMO.  I just hate the fragility - I've seen three delaminate their top plies personally and have been told of more going that way.  Stiga are a bit of a joke in my eyes for making a good blade which self destructs, and then calling it "Infinity".  Unless they meant that you have to infinitely buy replacements I suppose.

I've only used the Infinity for a very short time really, so I have to be vague here.  The AR+ is softer, thicker, stiffer, more solid feeling (almost no vibration). I didn't feel that the Infinity was particularly bouncy in the short game, but the AR+ is less bouncy still, while being faster than the Infinity from then on.

I don't tend to like 5-ply blades with spruce medial plies.  In my experience (not vast) they get bouncy when incoming power goes up, and have a hollow feel.  The Infinity was a nice surprise because it bucked this trend when I tried it out.  The AR+ is still quite different though, and if you like the feel of the Infinity then you might find that the AR+ feels like a brick in comparison.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2016 at 5:36am
@AndySmith, Thanks for the info. Think I'll stay with Infinity or perhaps the WSC JO Shape with Baracuda (haven't got that last setup, but just want to try it out for fun as it's an iconic setup :) 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2016 at 3:05am
Could not resist and got myself an Crest AR+. Only had 1 session yet, but so far so good. Will post my thoughts on this blade after 2-3 sessions. First impression is good though :)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2016 at 4:40am

Could not resist and got myself an Crest AR+. Only had 1 session yet, but so far so good. Will post my thoughts on this blade after 2-3 sessions. First impression is good though :)

Which rubbers did you use?

I'm glad you like it so far though!  It's an excellent blade.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2016 at 4:37am
Crest AR+ blades have been sent to garwor and t46t64t64 for testing.
K.Breng78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K.Breng78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2016 at 6:49am
how much fren donic crest
kamrudd
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2016 at 10:36am
FYI: I am selling a almost-new Crest OFF at a great weight (85g) here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/27/2016 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Which rubbers did you use?

I'm glad you like it so far though!  It's an excellent blade.

My AR+ weighs 92gr, but does not feel heavy. Balance is quite right I would say. The lens lays 1mm too deep in the handle and you feel this when you hold the blade. At first bit annoying but when I play, it doesn't bother me. The handle is very smooth which I didn't like during first session. It was just too smooth. After couple of sessions the handle became less smooth and feels better.

Had a couple of sessions with Baracuda Bigslam 2.0mm both sides. I think the speed is about the same as Infinity, but as the AR+ is way more stiff, it plays more direct. Blocking, pushing and short play is easier with AR+ compared to Infinity. Like you said Andy, the AR+ is a very solid blade.

Going to give the Rhyzm 425 a try.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2016 at 3:13pm
Quick question, what are the differences between AR+ and OFF? Composition is the same, so thickness maybe?

Edited by SmackDAT - 05/23/2016 at 3:13pm
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2016 at 3:46pm
Hello i recently tried Crest AR+,
first of all this blade is not allround ofcourse :)
the blade is fast and stiff its good for blocking and spinning ,no unpleasant feel and bite the ball really well.
however shortgame is a bit touchy,handle is not the best.
perhaps ST will be better option.
maybe i dont like the lack of vibration.
but with speed you need to sacrifice control.
with this blade you can get enormous punch in your shot.
if you are coming from ALC this will feel quite weird in beggining ...
however i found the building quility to be decent.
no weak spot,a lot of people in my club asked me "is this a JM ZLC "

:D :D :D

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2016 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by t64t64t64 t64t64t64 wrote:

Hello i recently tried Crest AR+,

a lot of people in my club asked me "is this a JM ZLC "

:D :D :D

Jheez, haha.

Thanks for the info :)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2016 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Quick question, what are the differences between AR+ and OFF? Composition is the same, so thickness maybe?

Composition is NOT the same.  Lots of bad info about the Crest AR+ around, even on the Donic website.  Here is the actual AR+ composition:

Outer veneer Limba 0,8 mm
2+8 Limba 0,8mm
3+7 Carbon ZF
4+6 Carbon fleece
Middle veneer Ayous 2,8 mm

Quite different to the Crest Off, which is:

1 Limba 0.8 mm
2 + 8 Carbon ZF
3 + 7 Carbon Fleece
4 + 6 Limba 0.8 mm
Middle Kiri 2.8 mm

So you can probably see that they are along the lines of the MJ-ZLC and IF-ZLC, but thickness and blade face size are different.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2016 at 6:05pm

Composition is NOT the same.  Lots of bad info about the Crest AR+ around, even on the Donic website.  Here is the actual AR+ composition:

Outer veneer Limba 0,8 mm
2+8 Limba 0,8mm
3+7 Carbon ZF
4+6 Carbon fleece
Middle veneer Ayous 2,8 mm

Quite different to the Crest Off, which is:

1 Limba 0.8 mm
2 + 8 Carbon ZF
3 + 7 Carbon Fleece
4 + 6 Limba 0.8 mm
Middle Kiri 2.8 mm

So you can probably see that they are along the lines of the MJ-ZLC and IF-ZLC, but thickness and blade face size are different.
Ahh nice nice, I reckon the Crest OFF may be more up my street as I've played with kiri core and 2nd layer composite blades a lot more.

Found the Maze too slow and muted, and decided to give up on Viscaria because of again, the muted feeling. So I'm considering Crest series - how is the vibration and the feedback for this "ZF" composite?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 5:56am

Ahh nice nice, I reckon the Crest OFF may be more up my street as I've played with kiri core and 2nd layer composite blades a lot more.

Found the Maze too slow and muted, and decided to give up on Viscaria because of again, the muted feeling. So I'm considering Crest series - how is the vibration and the feedback for this "ZF" composite?

Yeah, possibly then.  If you like the Innerforce series, the AR+ is the one to try.  Otherwise, it's the Off.  I can't imagine that there's much actual difference in overall speed between the two really (like comparing IF-ZLC and TB-ZLC, feel and gearing is different, but overall average speed isn't too far apart).

Speaking for the AR+, there is very little vibration.  It's stiff with a big sweet spot, so the only obvious vibration is when you hit right at the edge, which is a rare event.  It still feels quite woody to me though - the kind of feel you get with a thicker, stiffer all-wood blade though.  I find it incredibly easy to use for a powerful blade.

You really need some more info about the Off though.  Can't help much there.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 6:45am

Yeah, possibly then.  If you like the Innerforce series, the AR+ is the one to try.  Otherwise, it's the Off.  I can't imagine that there's much actual difference in overall speed between the two really (like comparing IF-ZLC and TB-ZLC, feel and gearing is different, but overall average speed isn't too far apart).

Speaking for the AR+, there is very little vibration.  It's stiff with a big sweet spot, so the only obvious vibration is when you hit right at the edge, which is a rare event.  It still feels quite woody to me though - the kind of feel you get with a thicker, stiffer all-wood blade though.  I find it incredibly easy to use for a powerful blade.

You really need some more info about the Off though.  Can't help much there.
Haha thanks for the help Andy, maybe I'll just watch some Sam Walker LOL
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 7:08am
Crest OFF is VERY similar to MJ. Feel is almost exactly the same. It is a bit slower and 0.2mm thicker (on average). MJ-ZLC, to me, is a wee bit spinnier.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2016 at 9:55am
Slevin, what Andro, Xiom, Tibhar rubbers do your find suitable for the FH on the OFF for your game in general and in particular loop driving against top and under spin?  
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 2:47pm
OK, so any more takers for a test of the Crest AR+?  Or are they all coming home?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Slevin, what Andro, Xiom, Tibhar rubbers do your find suitable for the FH on the OFF for your game in general and in particular loop driving against top and under spin?  

I only tried MX-P & Rakza 7 on FH. MX-P was a great match.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2016 at 3:22pm

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2016 at 3:08am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I'll be happy to try it.

It's about time! This is a fatt blade if there ever was one. Send me a pm with your address and let's see what occurs.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2016 at 9:44am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Thanks, I will try the MX-P (which I happen to have) on the FH.
Wolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Miss Wolf, I would reccomend u to play with it more than 2 weeks with it to see how it is playing.I am refering to the the new-equipment-syndrome, where we all find our new equipment ultra-perfect for us.But the truth comes after 2 weeks of practicing with it. Tongue

Anyways...I am looking forward to buy this new, good looking blade.Big smile

He passed some time and I played a lot of hours with Donic Crest Off, and later with Crest Ar + and I would like to correct one thing I see only in hindsight.
At the beginning I was kidnapped with Donic Crest Off fantastic feeling, feedback and accuracy of this blade. Crest Ar + was also good, but still only in the shadow Crest Off. The main reason was that I still could not find the right rubber this blade, I could say right ,, wou!
Only time I used my friend Joola rubber RhyzmTech 2.0 mm Joola Maxxx P 2.0, and here I saw how beautifully tytu rubber working on the blade.
MaxxxP 2.0 on the front of the larger arc, making topspin work very easily and naturally with great attention to accuracy without excessive speed but not all of you to slow your opponent made a tear-off calendar. You can change the speed and pace of play without losing control. I really like the eraser on the front for my technical game and some topspin.
On the back side Rhyzm Tech works like Tenergy 64, just slower and
greater tolerance for error.
For those who have tried this blade and are unsure what to use for rubber to be liked, I recommend you try it in the thickness of 2.0 mm. Tech Rhyzm I tried and Max and it was mushy, very soft and large spread almost like a neighbor's shotgun did not like at all.
Now I can see both blades at the same good level, just choose according to your opponent :)
Wolf.
Donic Crest Off
FH-Donic Acuda S2 Max
BH-Tibhar ELP 1.9

Donic Crest AR+
FH-Joola Maxxxp 2.0
BH-Joola Rhyzm Tech 2.0

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 4:58pm
I have a FL Crest Off.  Would anybody recommend the straight handle over the FL for the Crest series? and why
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic