Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yinhe Earth "Vacuum Baked" series

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Uskglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uskglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yinhe Earth "Vacuum Baked" series
    Posted: 08/03/2015 at 10:53am
The Yinhe/Galaxy E1 and E3 are well thought of blades and I've liked both when I had the chance to use them. The E1 is a similar construction to the Primorac Off- and the E3 is similar to the Stiga Offensive Classic. Please note that, like other Yinhe blades, these are not "clones" per se as much as they are well balanced blades with similar playing characteristics due to their extremely similar construction. I would use the term "inspired by" instead of clone, though some are damn close and typically a fraction of the price.

Anyway there are now E1vb and E3vb blades which advertise that they are "vacuum baked" in an airless oven. Apparently on the core of the blade is given this treatment, they also add 2 layers of glass fiber around it. The claim by Yinhe is that this process gives each better control but otherwise similar characteristics. I read on a German forum that these play similar to the Donic Burn Off- but I've never played with one of those.

It seems like a process like this would naturally make the blade faster but apparently not, just wondering if anyone has actually used either of these as I am very fond the Earth.3 in particular.

Pictures: http://www.pingpong777.com/yinhe-e-3-vb.html?language=En (I have never bought from this vendor, he just had the best pics)

(I also posted this to Reddit a while ago but r/tabletennis is a bit dead so I figured I'd post here as well to see if anyone has played with these.)

Sponsored Links

PierreAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PierreAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2015 at 8:02am
I as well was wondering what the differences are with the regular E-1 and E-3.

Play for fun with an old E-3 that is very pleasant (but in pretty bad shape), I was wondering if I would not buy a new one for real play. And looking on eBay, I found those vacuum baked version of the Earth series... but not much information on the internet so far.
victorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2015 at 11:54pm
Any supplier/online shop selling these blades in the US?
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2015 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by victorm victorm wrote:

Any supplier/online shop selling these blades in the US?

Table Tennis Exchange appears to have the E-3 VB instock in a flaired handle, or the E-1 VB in a Chinese grip.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic