Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How to get rid of fake ebay seller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
taninu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taninu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to get rid of fake ebay seller
    Posted: 08/11/2015 at 11:56pm
Can anyone recommend a way to get rid of ebay seller selling fake blades?

I have already tried reporting the seller to ebay but no respond. Perhaps ebay need more people to report this seller. This seller may get away with selling fakes by refunding the blade.

Fake EBay Seller

How do I know if they are fake?

Take a look and you can help me judge

The blade was sent in a soft plastic wrapping resulting in the box to be in this condition.

Edited by taninu - 08/11/2015 at 11:58pm
Sponsored Links

Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 1:03am
I think Butterfly blades don't come in a plastic cover. I would say it is fake.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 2:27am
It is fake. Look at the Butterfly print (especially at the "Arylate - CARBON"), then Buttefly logo (Butterfly letters are not even) and thumb rest pattern colours (not straight, looks like freehand drawing).

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Marco07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 2:58am
if you used paypal....you can report to paypal..and ebay.....should be able to make a refund...
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 3:50am
101% it's a fake!
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 4:30am
And the shape of the blade is quite rare. It is too square, like a Lindmae blade.
taninu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taninu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 5:22am
I am happy that I was correct to tell the seller that the blade was fake. I opened a case with ebay and what he did was to issue a refund which is being processed.

My point is, just because the seller is offering refund; ebay should not allow the seller to sell the blade.

How can I stop him from selling to other buyers?
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 6:59am
Originally posted by taninu taninu wrote:

I am happy that I was correct to tell the seller that the blade was fake. I opened a case with ebay and what he did was to issue a refund which is being processed.

My point is, just because the seller is offering refund; ebay should not allow the seller to sell the blade.

You can ask him "friendly" to alert potential buyers in eBay that this blade is fake. And if he does not want to, i would alert eBay from this scammer.
taninu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taninu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 8:02am
Originally posted by Antuan Antuan wrote:

Originally posted by taninu taninu wrote:

You can ask him "friendly" to alert potential buyers in eBay that this blade is fake. And if he does not want to, i would alert eBay from this scammer.

Actually, I did ask him to admit that his blade was fake but he refused and said that his is real and that it is the way they sell it in China. I pointed out to him that are many legitimate butterfly sellers in China but he still refuse to admit to selling a fake blade.

AND I did alert ebay that he is a fake Butterfly seller. Not only this blade but other butterfly items.

It is just said that ebay would not take any action.
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 9:02am
I guess there are wars that simply can`t be won.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 11:57am
ebay is a whole different animal. 

This underscores my point recently made in a sticky thread.  It is best if pictures of blades for sale here are posted here so that many people can look at it.  Members here are good at spotting fakes.

Now while it is true that fakes do not necessarily play badly, the fake Viscarias I have seen play completely differently from genuine.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2015 at 12:38pm
I don't think ebay will ever reach out to sellers offering counterfeits to the public.  I've reported at least two dozen times, and they came right back to sell the fakes again.
taninu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taninu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2015 at 11:16am
Just to let you all know that I was able to get a refund not from eBay but from Paypal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic