FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Identify fake DHS National blade eg. W997

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 1:51pm

Edited by BeaverMD - 09/10/2021 at 8:03am
Sponsored Links

MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 2:43pm
All blades that are produced by DHS are authorized, including the national blades and their replicas. 

For the last time, DHS research facilities are responsible for the replicas of the national blades. "DHS" research facilities means that these facilities are DHS's. 

I'm not sure how to tell the actual fake blades from the replicas, as I've never gotten a fake one lol. Perhaps Qualizon can provide some insight here :)

Those who are still confused about this, who are not intent on trolling, can pm me and I'd be happy to elucidate :)

Edited by MLfan - 08/18/2015 at 2:49pm
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 3:36pm

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 3:42pm
We actually have a very active thread in two forums to identify fake HL5 blades (hkttf.com and tieba.baidu.com ) , but they are all in Chinese.

In base on all the collaborative findings, the following things are most easy to spot: (note, only apply to HL5)

- the statistic card has the 130mm, 224mm, 68% value, almost every fakes have these same values
- the letters/numbers engraving on the handle are not align on the same line horizontally
- the shakehand blade shoulder is sharp without any shaving, the real HL5 should have the shoulder slightly shaved

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 3:50pm
MLFan and Giangt might understand the W997 replica scenario better than I do. I wish what they said are true, which means my w997 replica is actually closer to the real deal.

I'm still a bit skeptical because there might be different sources for the replica...
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 3:57pm
Time to learn some Chinese, folks!

越描越黑
lit. the more you touch things up, the darker they get;fig. to only make matters worse
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
phua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/18/2015 at 6:13pm
So where are the reputable places online where you can get W997/968 replica or authentic that is actually made by DHS factory?

How does a legit HL 5 compare to W997/968?
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67776&title=feedback-phua
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73643&title=feedback-phua
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 12:10am
if you are looking for a W997/W968 replica, all i can say is, ttnpp is no better than any taobao store, in fact they even charge you more. 

It's very easy to search for a W997 from taobao, ask for details pictures of the actual blade and you'll be fine, and it'll cost you roughly 140usd + shipping to US.

HL5 is based on W968, so I assume it's a non selected material version of W968, which is faster, harder, less dwell time comparing to W997.

I won't post any shop information in this post just to keep this thread neutral, but if any member is serious about buying the real non replica w997, I'm sure either MLFan, Giangt or me and give you the pointers by PM.

Edited by qualizon - 08/19/2015 at 12:10am
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
atomant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atomant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 12:25am
Received latest info from Beijing. DHS will ceased production of both W968 and W997. Ma Long will be issued with a new blade.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 10:45am
Originally posted by atomant atomant wrote:

Received latest info from Beijing. DHS will ceased production of both W968 and W997. Ma Long will be issued with a new blade.

my goodness, that means another wave of national blade hunt and replica production Confused
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 10:48am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

my goodness, that means another wave of national blade hunt and replica production Confused

When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass and so, we are all connected in the great circle of life -Mufasa

berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass and so, we are all connected in the great circle of life -Mufasa

And
Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.  (William Shakespeare)

Edited by berndt_mann - 08/20/2015 at 11:05am
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 11:16am
C'mon Berndt, I thought YOU of all people would get this.

OK here is what I was thinking.

So a blade is introduced by DHS for use by the top player of the moment.

It gathers interest here and other forums when it is posted in "The Pro's Equipment -- Discuss" thread and at other places.  EJs ask about how it plays.  Lot's of people buy the blade. 

Fakes appear.   Some are obvious, some may not be.  TTNPP offers it for sale.  This is followed by ten threads asking if TTNPP is reliable, and ten more asking if their version of the magic blade is real. 

Since it is DHS, a unique problem to that company is the possible existence of "national" versions of the blade, vs. "provincial" or other versions.  These national versions may or may not be be unicorns.  People here of course will claim detailed secret knowledge of the process whereby the national versions are distributed, and some will claim that theirs is one.  Some posters may have this knowledge, but clearly not all do, since they claim different things. 

Some 1600 level poster or another will claim that nobody could possibly benefit from such a blade unless they are 2300.  This person may have never actually played a 2300 player. 

And then, suddenly, DHS will create a new blade, either for the same player of the moment, or for whoever has supplanted him.

And then the great cycle of TT forum life continues
. The process repeats. 

I am not complaining, this is why we have TT forums.  It is fun.  I am merely describing a part of it.
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 12:45pm

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 12:53pm

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 3:23pm
I think he got the news from his coach, if you search his previous posts, he has a coach from Beijing, who gave him a legit W968 and national H8 also 
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 4:12pm
(Baal)  C'mon Berndt, I thought YOU of all people would get this.

I think I got this.  Mufasa, also known as The Lion King, could play 2300 level table tennis with a DHS W997 blade.  An extremely philosophical lion, he could also be quite intimidating and if you beat him he would devour you.

Now that it seems that DHS will be discontinuing the W997, Mufasa is very annoyed, is down to about 1650, and is seriously considering abandoning table tennis for the more profound pleasure of coining pithy movie memorable quotations.

Reliable large feline sources close to Mufasa have informed me that Mufasa, even if or when in retirement, will contribute his table tennis expertise to forums such as this.

And so the great cycle of TT forum life continues.  And will as long as table tennis is played, by creatures be they human or lionesque.
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

MLFan and Giangt might understand the W997 replica scenario better than I do. I wish what they said are true, which means my w997 replica is actually closer to the real deal.

This would be a great question for Baal.  If the wide-font W997s are actually replicas made by DHS, are members allowed to sell it in the forum? They are not fakes after all.

This assumes I know the answer as to whether they are fakes.  My last somewhat sarcastic comments should make it clear that I have no idea.   If they are not obviously fakes, sure sell them.

Rules say you can't sell blades here known to be fakes even if you disclose they are fakes.  
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 10:30pm
The proper way to do this is to list the source of it, state if it is replica or not, and most importantly, clear picture of the engraving. You can't claim it is real national or whoever hand blade if it is a replica.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2015 at 11:25pm
Sounds like a good policy.   I don't recall ever seeing one for sale here.   In general post pictures in your for sale thread.

I have to say that i am skeptical of all claims of "national " DHS products for sale.

But I'm no expert.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2015 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

This would be a great question for Baal.  If the wide-font W997s are actually replicas made by DHS, are members allowed to sell it in the forum? They are not fakes after all.

how is clipper compared to w968 and w997 what blade is more like clipper?  or maybe any long version(long 5,long3..?)
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/23/2015 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

how is clipper compared to w968 and w997 what blade is more like clipper?  or maybe any long version(long 5,long3..?)

they are not comparable, it's like comparing apple to orange because clipper is an all wood blade, while the w968/w997/Hurricane Long V are blades with ALC.

However, you can compare clipper with 506/Hurricane Long III, their construction are the same I believe.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/24/2015 at 9:52am
This question raised here just emerged in a new for sale thread and someone asked me to intervene.  I'm no expert on DHS blades and have never played with any of the blades in question, so the answer is I won't demand that the seller make any changes in his description, certainly not based on any evidence presented here.  All I can say is just post a picture of any blade you are trying to sell in the For Sale section.  That way people can see what they are buying.  My sense is that buyers should have a great deal of skepticism about the terms "national" and "provincial" when they are used to sell Chinese table tennis equipment but then again my opinion may not be worth much since I don't use any of it, don't read Chinese, and don't have secret connections to highly  placed people in Chinese table tennis. 
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2018 at 4:59pm
What does that serial number mean? Is it the manufacturing date?
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2018 at 10:25pm
pahahha good necro
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2018 at 11:04am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

pahahha good necro

BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2018 at 9:53am

Edited by BeaverMD - 09/10/2021 at 8:04am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic