Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ITC Premier Series Blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ITC Premier Series Blades
    Posted: 08/15/2015 at 11:21am

ITC Premier Blades

The ITC Brand will be unveiled this October. The designer of these blades is none other than Jeremy Yun who has been responsible in making some of the best blades in the market. The Premier series are the top of the blades from ITC and a bit costly but very much worth it.  The blades are not similar mostly to other blades right in the market right now. The first thing I noticed about the blades (since I was given both ST and FL handles), is that both the st and fl handles are very comfortable and a bit smooth but not slippery. I would like to take focus especially on their st handle. It feels like a butterfly st handle but more comfortable and a bit ergonomic to the hand. All blade head sizes are 150 x 157 according to ITC. I used Reactor Ckylin, Corbor, MXP and MX-S rubbers for the tests and the Andro Spin Fix Glue.

XQ

Weight: 85 grams ST, 87 FL

Plies: 5 (hinoki top plies with ayous layers)

Speed: Off- to Off

Thickness: approx. 6.2mm

The XQ or Exclusive Quad Hinoki is the only all wood in the Premier Series. This blade has a mixed feeling when hitting with the ball. The overall physical characteristic of the blade is hard but when you hit with the XQ, it doesn’t feel too stiff. The XQ was designed an an offensive blade with hard impacts on the ball contact while maintaining a medium soft feel. Strange, yes but it feels that way. The speed is slower than that of the Stratus Powerwood but it is faster than a Petr Korbel. The blade offers good speed for all wood lovers out there. It has some flex which is also good for spinny loops. Basically, a top notch all around attacking blade. It blocks very good and control is very high. Excellent for blockers, smashers and controlled loop players. This is even beginner and intermediate friendly.

XF

Weight: 90 grams St, 92 FL

Plies: 7 (white ash top plies with blue fiber, ayous and kiri)

Thickness: approx. 5.8-5.9mm

This is the first combination of White ash wood and fiberglass materials for a blade that I have ever tested. The feel is very nice and doesn’t vibrate too much. The feel reminds me of a Nittaku Violin but with a composite layer. The blade offers soft feel on ball impact despite having a medium stiff hardness. If you want a faster blade but need a blade that doesn’t have a very long trajectory in the table, then this is the one. It has a medium to high arc on loops. It offers very good control. It is slower than a TB ALC but offers more control on looping and is better in loops. 

XR

Weight: 88 St, 90 FL

Plies: 7 (white ash top plies with red carbon, ayous and kiri)

Thickness: Approx. 5.8-5.9mm

This is the flagship of the ITC Premier Series and my personal favorite. I glued the MX-P rubber onto this and boy I could control the MX-P like a slow rubber. The speed is like that of a NIttaku Acoustic Carbon but offers higher arc and of all the Premier blades this one has the best feel. It has little vibrations. Fast enough speed upon ball impact whether you are smashing, counter looping or simply doing spinny loops. The MXP is an amazing rubber if you can control it. Many have problems pairing it with a fast but controllable blade. The MXP pairs well with the XR. It produces shots that are very forgiving and good enough for accurate placements. This has a medium feel on ball impact.

XC

Weight: 86 St, 87 FL

Plies: 7 (hinoki top plies with carbon, ayous and kiri layers)

Speed: Off+

Thickness: Approx. 6.7mm

This is the fastest Premier blade. This has hard hinoki outer plies paired with a very fast carbon layer on each side. The speed is more or less faster than a Primorac Carbon. This blade was designed for hard and powerful topspins near and far from the table. The feeling is moderately stiff despite the hard wood and carbon composition. It gives a medium to high arc on loops. It offers low amount of vibration, good feedback to the hand when hitting the ball and the control is fairly high for a fast carbon blade. It gives a strong and solid impact upon every smash or counter topspins. This is also good for active blockers because of its ability to control your blocks. Ideal to be paired with medium or medium soft rubbers. 

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 11:46am
Doesn't it say ITC?

edit: after editing the op and changing the thread title this post looks stupid LOL

Edited by Da Baobei - 08/26/2015 at 2:48pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 11:48am
A new Korean brand?
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 11:52am
ITC - next HTC, so they are from Taiwan, right?LOL
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Will tell you more about this brand soon!

http://rs48.pbsrc.com/albums/f239/cjtm77/ICT/20150815_120904_HDR_zpsfbjgnjkr.jpg~320x480

reincarnation of adidas?
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 1:29pm
News of the brand being launched this fall two months ago.  Names like Avalox and Addidas were mentioned.

More news with pix.

Google translation of the excerpt from the pdf file in the second link:

Quote What is ITC?
- Created a new brand experience that deals with butterfly and Adidas products as standard.
- Development philosophy of "the right to use and want to make their products."
- High-performance blades and optimized for poly ball of rubber developed by engineers with accumulated experience on developing international brands and products.
- "Korea needs of the athletes and enthusiasts," reflect a thorough and rigorous self-test of swimmingly sinek ticks.
- Sinek ticks is on handling the existing adidas products do not realize satisfactory to the complementary region.

There are two tiers of blade - entry-level and high-end.  Out of the gate they have four high-end models announced back in July, the Premier Series - XR, XF, XC, and XQ.

Edited by zeio - 08/15/2015 at 2:06pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 1:45pm
Damn, I hope they don't play as good as they look otherwise my wallet will suffer.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 1:53pm
It is mentioned the price point of the Premier series is below ₩200,000(~US$170).

Quote - To minimize the size of the lens and designed to not interfere with the fingers by placing downward push.
I like this one.  Those huge-ass lens in the Avalox blades get in the way.  Nope...no grip tape, please.

Edited by zeio - 08/15/2015 at 2:15pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2015 at 9:29pm
Let me tell you guys that the designer of these blades is the one who desivned adidas blades. None other than J. Yun
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 1:41am
Really looking forward to this. Keep us posted, Yogi.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 2:09am
Korean Brand? Xiom got competition in Korea now =X.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 3:35am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Let me tell you guys that the designer of these blades is the one who desivned adidas blades. None other than J. Yun

Yes. Get in.

Edited by AndySmith - 08/16/2015 at 3:36am
p1ngp0ng3r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 6:16am
Also like zeio, I just did a quick translation of the PDF and I think it's clear where Adidas' knowledge has gone to.

Link pdf:
http://cafe.daum.net/_c21_/bbs_search_read?grpid=Dbac&fldid=AL1P&datanum=3875

XR = eXclusive Red Carbon
- The top model of the series premiere, saw blades for special materials-oriented players. 
- Suitable for power-play around the sheep to drive high power RedFlex Carbon hand-in-One former senior. 
- Existing Adidas radikseu series with other (more rigid sense) add a different nature to the surface of the material

XF = eXclusive Flex Fiber (BlueFlex Fiber)
- Premier XR than speed is low, but control is better stability and special material blades. 
- Ideal for daring attack or a positive drive forward the all-round play center hand drive BlueFlex Fiber high balance. 
- Blade of nature, such as enhanced speed from the existing text of the Adidas Pro Series.

XC = eXclusive Carbbon
- The destructive power was a top priority in improving the sense of stability when catching a ball drive to improve hinokki carbon pursue blade configuration. 
- 5 + 2 layers of inner fiber consists of pursuing a high balance and rotational force of the drive during power-attack. 
- Has the characteristics anneun existing adidas wrapped around the ball strike deeper than the carbon: the drive improves the ability to play.

XQ = eXclusive Quad Hinoki
- The airlift to the destructive power of the overwhelming flexibility and counterattack when struck in the block of Argyle pursue a balanced play of pure plywood blade. 
- A sense of stability by using only 4 layers and the middle layer of the surface material of the hinokki 5-ply poly-optimized view. 
- The blade of the power of nature, such as enhanced existing butterfly yoni Puerto

I couldn't help it, but looking at the colors combined with the materials, I think:
XR => Adidas Avenger Carbon
XF => BTY Innerforce ZLF
XC = > BTY M. Jun
XQ => Xion ZetroQuad

Thanks for informing us Yogi and please keep us updated. Looking forward to it! :)
Infinity VPS - Hybrid MK - T25 FX
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2015 at 10:44am
The XQ has hinoki outer plies and the 2nd layer seems basswood with ayous central core

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 7:20am
updated with actual pics!!! 

Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 7:29am
Wow! Come on, tell us how it plays! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 7:30am
Yogi, any news on when prices will be available and when they can be ordered?

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 8:47am
Fab stuff.

The translated PDF file also mentions that rubbers are being announced at the end of the year...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 8:59am
Need further testing. I do not know about the prices because it is not until october that these blades will be released.

carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

ITC - next HTC, so they are from Taiwan, right?LOL

They also used a very similar font LOL

And tbh this blade's design is nothing special, it's too simple, anyone could design that.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 1:24pm

Crazy great looking quality. Look out BTY.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Uskglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uskglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 1:50pm
Exciting to see a new player in the blade market, can't wait to see a review of the XF.
Yinhe Earth.3 - DHS TG3 Neo/729 Aurora
Da Baobei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Baobei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 3:00pm
I really like their indicators: speed level, hit response, vibration at finger, overall hardness, surface hardness

Seems to cover pretty much everything
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 3:36pm
So basically it seems like Adidas spun off their TT division. Well at least all that expertise won't be entirely wasted.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/17/2015 at 4:10pm
I thought Addis was using its name to distribute the products of the Taiwan company and the Taiwan company owned the manufacturing and any patent's related to those products.   ITC appears to be another  high end local blade maker without brand recognition major distribution outlets that will be saying its products are equal to or better then BTY.  Suits BTY, they love underfunded competitors..
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2015 at 6:18am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

So basically it seems like Adidas spun off their TT division. Well at least all that expertise won't be entirely wasted.

The only person related to Adidas before it stopped TT is the person who is designing the blades and rubber specs. This Korean company is a partner of Greenmaster Fitness and they will be handling this from now on. Good and high - quality blades but not too high of a price.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 11:39pm
updated with pics of all the blades!!!! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p1ngp0ng3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 2:06am
Personally I don't like the design of the handle. However, I would not stop me from trying/buying one :)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 3:49am
updated with review and pics

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 3:51am
updated with pics and short review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic