Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - If I ever change to long pimples or antispin...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

If I ever change to long pimples or antispin...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: If I ever change to long pimples or antispin...
    Posted: 08/25/2015 at 12:27am
...I would like to play like this guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uYKexRQmNAQ

Great match, by the way. It's worth watching the whole video.

Edited by Makelele - 08/25/2015 at 1:22am
Sponsored Links

Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 1:44am
Good player. By the end of game two I was no longer focusing on the match as I sort of zoned out in a daydream envisioning myself playing against the big guy, futilely arguing with the "umpire" about the joke toss serves, getting yellow carded and then just walking off instead of continuing that charade. Then I stopped watching.
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Makelele Makelele wrote:

I thought it was a great match.  I really liked the blocking ability of the LP'er.  The rally at 7-7 in game five was nice. 

The LP'ers serves weren't great but okay.  I didn't see any advantage with his serve. 
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I thought it was a great match.  I really liked the blocking ability of the LP'er.  The rally at 7-7 in game five was nice. 
The LP'ers serves weren't great but okay.  I didn't see any advantage with his serve. 

I only watched the first game and the last half of the fifth. Both players really went allout on attack giving no quarter. The LP guy is as good or better than any pushblocker that I've seen.
I agree with Mike that the rally at 7-7 (33:06) was special.
Blue shirt is really fast and athletic as shown at 4:40.
I must watch the whole thing sometime.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Eric Fountain Eric Fountain wrote:

Good player. By the end of game two I was no longer focusing on the match as I sort of zoned out in a daydream envisioning myself playing against the big guy, futilely arguing with the "umpire" about the joke toss serves, getting yellow carded and then just walking off instead of continuing that charade. Then I stopped watching.

Right.  Given that the umpire has on a blue blazer, red tie and name badge, I would assume he is a national or even international level umpire.  Yet there he sits completely ignoring the fact that he is violating at least three rules on each serve.

1) Ball not visible to opponent.
2) Ball not loose in palm, but is tossed from gripped fingertips.
3) Ball not tossed vertically.

These are all easy and obvious calls and this player is of fairly high level and seems quite accustomed to serving this way.  So I can only assume that this serve is routine and normal.  This is just another example that table tennis culture does not care to enforce serve rules. Why else would an umpire allow such obvious faults to continue.  

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2015 at 9:44pm

I would probably end up playing similarly.  I tend to play a lot of my matches (using hardbat) somewhat like that already.

Edited by wturber - 08/26/2015 at 2:28pm
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 12:45pm

Thx, me too !!!!

Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 12:58pm
That was a hell of a match! That point at 7-7 in the 5th was really great! I would estimate those guys to be 2300+, but I don't want this thread to all of a sudden turn into everyone arguing what their level is. The point is they are both strong players, and that LP shot he made at 7-7 was amazing. I wonder what LPs he plays with. Thanks for posting.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 6:06pm
I had a long look at that point--and that shot, Acuda--and think he twiddled to hit it.  Wow, what a match!  Check out the point at 25:14 as well.  As near to perfect longpip play as your likely to see.  As a longpipper myself, Kostadinovic is my new hero.  Though he does twiddle--some of his angled blocks with the inverted were amazing and totally unexpected; really, really creative--he hit with those LPs better than I've seen in a long time.  Truly inspiring.  You see the occasional Chinese or Korean or Japanese woman--what is the name of that up 'n coming Japanese girl who got to the final of the Korean Open (I think)?--who hit like that, almost topspin countering, but rarely men.  Really enjoyed watching that match.  Thanks for posting it Makelele!Smile
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

That was a hell of a match! That point at 7-7 in the 5th was really great! I would estimate those guys to be 2300+, but I don't want this thread to all of a sudden turn into everyone arguing what their level is. The point is they are both strong players, and that LP shot he made at 7-7 was amazing. I wonder what LPs he plays with. Thanks for posting.

To me, they are easily over 2500, not many 2300 players can hit and block like those two. Note that the LP player's teammate is Karaksevic, so it's a high quality (premier division?) team match.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
puchatek767 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puchatek767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 7:10pm
Hi guys, do you now what long pips is He using ?
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

To me, they are easily over 2500, not many 2300 players can hit and block like those two. Note that the LP player's teammate is Karaksevic, so it's a high quality (premier division?) team match.

i wonder if the inverted player is related to Ilija Lupulesku, unless its just a common last name.

Tinykin, i think you might have mixed up the two. LP is Kostadinovic, inverted is Lupulesku. I believe Lupulesku is on Karakasevic's team.

Here is the match between LP vs Karakasevic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXFO4XsRdz8

Edited by DreiZ - 08/26/2015 at 7:46pm
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 2:05am
Originally posted by puchatek767 puchatek767 wrote:

and the blade as well,  please?
Embarrassed

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Embarrassed
</br>

+1

What is his complete set up .. does he use LP's on both sides ?
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 9:03am
I watched some of the points between the LP player and Kara... and sorry but I don't think the LP player is 2500.  His FH technique has some fundamental flaws that a player at that level would not have. He's a very good player and I enjoy watching him play, and I said 2300+ so I meant he's easily over 2300.  I originally thought to myself 2350 - 2400 so I just said 2300+. His BH is very good, but I'm not crazy about his FH and he doesn't move that well. 
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 9:49am

I watched some of the points between the LP player and Kara... and sorry but I don't think the LP player is 2500.  His FH technique has some fundamental flaws that a player at that level would not have. He's a very good player and I enjoy watching him play, and I said 2300+ so I meant he's easily over 2300.  I originally thought to myself 2350 - 2400 so I just said 2300+. His BH is very good, but I'm not crazy about his FH and he doesn't move that well. 

What does he use on the 4H .. might indicate his technique ?

My opinion .. 2500 ..
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 9:52am
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

i wonder if the inverted player is related to Ilija Lupulesku, unless its just a common last name.

Tinykin, i think you might have mixed up the two. LP is Kostadinovic, inverted is Lupulesku. I believe Lupulesku is on Karakasevic's team.

Here is the match between LP vs Karakasevic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXFO4XsRdz8
I got them mixed up too, and my level estimation is the same as Tinykin Smile.  If I can play like these guys I would care what rubber they play with LOL.

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 12:24am

He could look 2300+. I thought he even look 2200. So so topspins, serves. But all the guys he beat look like 2400-2500+. That is what it count. LOLLOLLOL 

Edited by aroonkl - 08/28/2015 at 12:25am
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 12:31am
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

He could look 2300+. I thought he even look 2200. So so topspin, serve. But all the guys he beat look like 2400-2500+. That is what it count. LOLLOLLOL 
You only need a killer serve to win tight game or to catch up the pt. In normal circumstances, you only need a sound serve plan.
Two more videos

Edited by Egghead - 08/28/2015 at 12:43am
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 12:49am
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Embarrassed
</br>

+1

What is his complete set up .. does he use LP's on both sides ?
We all can send him a friend request and find out LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by Egghead - 08/28/2015 at 12:50am
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 3:18am

You only need a killer serve to win tight game or to catch up the pt. In normal circumstances, you only need a sound serve plan.

In the match if both players have same B level loop/attack,  C level service receive and block, typical attacker players. The player with killer serves will demolish a player with nothing serve. Points might end 3-0 with 11-5 or 6s like that. Sound serve is a very good tool. 
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

In the match if both players have same B level loop/attack,  C level service receive and block, typical attacker players. The player with killer serves will demolish a player with nothing serve. Points might end 3-0 with 11-5 or 6s like that. Sound serve is a very good tool. 
That is not a fair comparison, and you misunderstand me LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Anyway, against WR#113 DeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Edited by Egghead - 08/31/2015 at 6:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic