Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galaxy Yinhe N9 All wood wonder blade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Galaxy Yinhe N9 All wood wonder blade?
    Posted: 08/27/2015 at 3:05pm
According to TTDB this is a $13 hidden gem wonder blade.

Has anyone used this blade for a main setup or regular plays? If so with what rubbers? How good is it?

Do anyone know the layer combinations?

I was thinking to pair this blade up with ESN rubbers, a O5T or MX-P FH with MaXXX450 or a softer topsheet rubber BH.

I think for the obvious reason, price wise, one cannot compare it to a Stiga Diamond touch or a Xiom Omega Pro or even a BD????

FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Sponsored Links

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 7:58pm
The N series are good blades at very good prices; comparable in build quality to Stiga blades that cost 4-6 times as much (imo).

I've owned a bunch of the N Series. You'll want to request a certain weight as they can vary greatly within one model line.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 8:01pm
I just checked my notes at OOAK. I had one N-11 at 77 grams and one N-11 at 91 grams. Bought at roughly the same time.
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 8:04pm
tried N-9 plays great. my friend uses it, I'd say it's an off- blade
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 8:42pm
The handle of my N-9 is smooth and sanded, unlike the handle on the Infinity I received- Which is rough and "soggy."

My N-9 weighs in at 86 grams with a thin hand-rubbed coat of Minwax fast-drying poly on the surface, and a bit of sanding to the wings to make sure my hands don't hurt from any sharp edges.

The blade is about 157-158mm tall by 150mm wide. The handle is about 24mm thick, 102mm tall, and 35mm wide at the base.

The blade is about 7mm thick, which is quite thick for a 5-ply all-wood blade. The core is pretty thick, while the outer and secondary plies are normal. The outer plies are Koto, the secondary plies appear to be basswood (due to the lack of any discernible grain and off-white color) and the core appears to be Meranti.

As for how it plays- Plays pretty nicely. Just not my cup of tea- way too stiff, way too fast. I like hard blades, but the combination of hard/stiff just threw my consistency way off. I'm too used to slower blades- I'll stick with my Sweden Extra.

If you're wondering how this blade plays, I say just buy one- They're super cheap, and they can  take quite the beating.
Uskglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uskglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 1:15am
I tried it early on when picking up the sport and found it too stiff, too hard, and too fast for me. My game got way worse until I switched off it. It might be different now but I haven't gone back yet. If you like hard stiff blades in the Off/Off+ range it's probably pretty good but I prefer a soft, flexible, OFF- blade.
Yinhe Earth.3 - DHS TG3 Neo/729 Aurora
aNo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 6:57am
I have a very similar opinion to Uskglass. It feels balanced and linear, stiff and crisp, probably OFF/OFF+. Really loved it at first because blocking was easy, drives and smashes were satisfying bullets.  But as my game progressed, I realised I wasn't getting much spin with such little flex/dwell time and I would often overhit basic pushes. So I'm also looking to slow down and work on looping and placement. 

But for a cheap, hitting/smashing blade its brilliant - and the fact that it costs peanuts is even more amazing. But it has it's limits.

Edited by aNo - 08/28/2015 at 6:59am
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 7:21am
Galaxy Yinhe N-9 is a very popular blade! I haven't tested it , though.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 9:50am
I just got one coming tonight! with two crappy 729 OEM rubbers that I will remove and reglue some old ESN rubbers on to. I will see how it goes on Saturday training.
FS:

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 10:01pm
Wow wow wow. I replaced the stock fh rubber with my rasant pg, using one layer r.cement on blade two layers on the sponge. This damnnnned rubber came alive!! Super kick and very high throw on rally. There's something incompatible with the rasant pg and xiom vp blade but the pg is a wonder on this 5 layer all wood blade. Plus this rubber actually sticks onto the blade, unlike it with the vp(if u read my previous complaints threads)
FS:

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 10:07pm
My n9 is 89.2 grams, 6.5mm thick
FS:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic