Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DHS no.15 glue VS Nittaku Finezip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS no.15 glue VS Nittaku Finezip
    Posted: 09/16/2015 at 9:50pm
These glues are two of the more famous thick glues out there. Can anybody do a comparison between the two? 
Sponsored Links

Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2015 at 9:53pm
I can't compare the two, so please admonish me if this is not the kind of information you're looking for, but DHS #15 is very strong and can hold domed chinese rubber very nicely. However, it's more difficult to take off the sponge, so I never use it with european rubbers, it takes chunks out of them when you take it off.
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2015 at 10:03pm
I see. But Finezip also does that very well. 

Tbh, the only reason I ask is that I've always used Finezip, because a friend of mine who works at Nittaku can supply me with it, but after seeing Wang Hao use DHS, I'm wondering if the DHS glue is better :P
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2015 at 10:35pm
I've had too many issues with the DHS glue going dry, either straight from the manufacturer, or after I've used some of it. This was a few years back, so things may have improved, but I don't have too much confidence in it anymore.
So if you're happy with the Nittaku and can get it at a good price, stick to it (no pun intendedBig smile).

Another good thick glue is the Donic Blue Contact, but that's not cheap either.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Coach K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coach K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2015 at 11:18pm
Get Finezip. I know multiple great players who use this and have no issues with any type of rubbers.
-Coach K
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2015 at 11:39pm
Tear Mender for poor folks like me :p

The cheaper finezip.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2015 at 11:51pm
Haha I already use Finezip guys! I was hoping somebody who has used both could do a short comparison :P
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 12:44am
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

These glues are two of the more famous thick glues out there. Can anybody do a comparison between the two? 

I've used both.  I used DHS #15 for a couple of years before switching to FinZip.  Both glues work fine when new but the DHS glue spoils quickly and when it does spoil, I didn't always realize it until I used it, at which point it failed badly.

I switched to FineZip for a couple of reasons.  One has to do with lasting better and being more reliable.  That shouldn't be an issue if your DHS glue is always fresh. Another reason is the FineZip is thicker and I prefer that.  I also think that FineZip is easier to peel from the rubber.
igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 1:02am
Finezip is the best. It is hard work to remove DHS15 from blade and sponge.
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 3:55am
I've had finezip solidify in its tube on me before, so I don't think any glue is immune to "spoiling."  And having used DHS glue for the past year, I haven't noticed any problems with spoiling.

That said I like the DHS glue better because it dries faster after applying (with no clumping), and you can apply it more thinly than finezip, allowing for more layers overall if you choose to or less added weight if you don't.  Once there are enough glue layers (3 or 4), DHS #15 peels off the sponge as easily as finezip (in one piece!) with no damage and has the same bond strength as finezip if not slightly better.

DHS glue is also far less expensive when it comes to how many milliliters of glue you get per dollar, and some places ship the glue with gluing sponges too!

Feel-wise however, DHS and Finezip are probably the best two water based glues available.

Edited by schen - 09/17/2015 at 3:55am
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 9:23am
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

Feel-wise however, DHS and Finezip are probably the best two water based glues available.

I have used WBG only once. Is there a difference in feel with the different WBG's?
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 10:18am
Been using #15 for years. It's cheap, thick, and glues the rubbers very well. Removal from the blade is a non-issue, although I never tried peeling it from the sponge as I simply add additional layers if I need to reglue. Supposedly that creates a thicker layer of glue and adds a bit to the speed. Overall, I got used to it, very happy with it and see no reason to switch.
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 11:13am
To be honest, I think Finezip dries pretty quickly already. If DHS dries even more quickly, then you have to spread the glue so fast lol

You should remove the old glue layer :)
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

I have used WBG only once. Is there a difference in feel with the different WBG's?

It's pretty subtle, but I feel that there is.  I really didn't like BTY free chack or donic's glue.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 3:29pm
I'm getting 2 nittaku tubes from tt11 that is on sale now I just hope is not as thick as the blue contact that I didn't like at all
still testing

IlliaV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IlliaV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 3:30pm
finezip is way thinner than blue contact
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 3:37pm
Blue Contact is probably the easiest of all to use and gives a very even strong adhesion, yielding very good performance on large-pored rubbers like Tenergy and Evolution, and as mentioned, it is thicker than Finzip.  Rubbers stay stuck forever, even around the edges (with no lumps or aggregates).  One fairly thin coat on blade and sponge is enough.  It dries evenly, not too rapidly, not too slowly.  The downside is it adheres almost too strongly.  Make sure you do something to seal your blade (hair spray at a minimum) or you will take chunks out of your blade when detaching the rubber, and you can forget EVER being able to peel if off the back of a sponge if you want to reglue or put it on another blade.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 3:39pm
I have Finzip and it seems like good glue.  I have used it only twice.  The first time was perfect.  The second time I got a bit of uneveness in the surface, I may have not waited long enough for it to dry.

I think my failing the second time was the applicator I used.
Tuly007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuly007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 3:53pm
Very true about donic's strong adhesion but for me is to thick, but 4 large pored sponges it does do very good job, and no problem to peel the rubber off of my 3 Rossi emotion slick hinoki sealed with Minwax polyurethane,now if fine zip is thinner am much happier.....

still testing

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2015 at 6:45pm
I have used 500ml bottle of DHS 15 glue and find it pretty easy to apply and remove. I read that the tooth paste size DHS 15 is totally different. It is very thick and strong leaving hard to remove sticky residue on blade. May be they are specially designed to use with hard and heavily boosted curvy H3 but they should use some other name than DHS 15 if they are not the same thing.

Edited by TurboZ - 09/17/2015 at 6:46pm
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 2:08am
where can I buy dhs n0 15 98ml bottle
(thick version)

the only place I've found it is at pingpongonline.com // does this website hold ?up.

Edited by bars - 09/06/2019 at 4:43am
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2019 at 12:00am
Originally posted by notfound123 notfound123 wrote:

Been using #15 for years. It's cheap, thick, and glues the rubbers very well. Removal from the blade is a non-issue, although I never tried peeling it from the sponge as I simply add additional layers if I need to reglue. Supposedly that creates a thicker layer of glue and adds a bit to the speed. Overall, I got used to it, very happy with it and see no reason to switch.

Funny reading my own post from 4 years ago..

I used to use dhs #15 with chinese rubbers but after switching to tensors I looked for glues with slightly weaker bond -- imho #15 designed for boosted rubbers. I ended up first using Free Chack 2 for 6-12 months and then switched to the FineZip a couple years ago and still loving it. This glue is much more elastic, peels from any sponge like a dream and multiple layers create this nice bouncy feeling. Other glues harden over time and I use to often reglue after 1-2 months of play, but this one stays elastic.
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2019 at 3:11pm
so finezip is not like dhs 15? is it like freechack2?
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2019 at 4:07pm
I have tried almost all the WBGs. Revolution.3 mid-viscosity WBG, Stiga Optimum, DHS No.15, Andro VOC-Free Glue, Donic Vario and First Glue, Nittaku FineZip, Tibhar CleanFix Glue, ButterFly FreeChack-II. 

Finezip is the thickest glue of the lot. Second is DHS No.15. Stiga Optimum is third. FreeChack-II is fourth. Rest of the glues are runny to different degrees.

FineZip is the "dryest" of all the glues. If you are in a hot-humid climate this glue will dry as soon as you apply it with just one brush stroke, making it useless in hot places. 

DHS No.15 is thick but seems to have a bit more solvent than FineZip and can be spread 2 or 3 brush strokes before it starts to dry. Again hot locations are a problem.

Stiga Optimum seems to be the "best" of thick glue and "slower" drying times allowing to be spread out thinly enough before starting to dry  out. 

Butterfly FreeChack-II is just too expensive but works fine in all conditions like Stiga Optimum glue. 

Tibhar and Donic glues are too strong in adhesive strength, apply and forget you want to remove the rubbers afterwards type stuff. 

Andro glues are too runny and the bond is not as strong, so you end up using more and applying many layers to get the glue to hold. 

Revolution3 Glue is just too smelly :-D Works well, not much to worry about. 
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2019 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by bars bars wrote:

(thick version)

the only place I've found it is at pingpongonline.com // does this website hold ?up.

in n/a tabletennisstore.us
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2019 at 1:15am

Edited by bars - 09/09/2019 at 7:37pm
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 7:35pm

Edited by bars - 09/09/2019 at 7:37pm
bars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2019 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Purett Purett wrote:

Originally posted by bars bars wrote:

(thick version)

in n/a tabletennisstore.us

they still don't have what youre saying and what im asking for. I asked them

Edited by bars - 09/09/2019 at 7:38pm
bonovox76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonovox76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2019 at 3:20am
aliexpress.com have both 50-98ml formats 
It just takes a bit to arrive.. but it arrives safely .
I have recently used this glue and I Am happy 

my feedback
Yinhe T7
Tibhar evo MXP MAX both sides
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2019 at 4:23am
I am happily using this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32966633701.html glue and also #15. 

No #15 as backup for difficult cases when strong bond is required.

#15 is stronger, and it does break weak sponges. Hurricane sponges have no problems with this glue. But softer pored ones, like STN, tear.

What I like about huieson is that it is super cheap and do not damage sponges. It is elastic, peels off clearly coming in large chunks (I showed video to my friend, he could not believe it :) ) Sometimes just 3, 4 attempts are enough to clearly remove it from sponge using fingers. When pulling it stretches for like 5cm and does not snap. 
However, this glue dries fast if layer is thin, basically you have no chance for the second stroke. But if there is enough glue then you use hair drier :) Use it on your own risk.

Funny, for expensive rubbers I use this cheap glue, and I know it will not damage sponge.

To remove No 15 from sponge, and blade, more often than not, I use this product (highly recommended) Just cannot do it with fingers.

Edited by fmarek - 10/21/2019 at 4:25am
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic