Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Quantum review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Quantum review
    Posted: 09/18/2015 at 8:13am
As it is going my match setup, I boosted it with two layers before putting it on the blade. Therefore my test might not be the best for those who do not follow this practice. Anyway, here it goes. It is red max, the sponge has bigger pores than MX-S or Donic Acuda Blue P-1.

I was quite a bit surprised when I put them on each other because the topsheet of the P1 and the Quantum seems to be the same. Even when I look at them from above the have the same texture.

Here is a photo. Please not that the red rubber is expanded because of the booster but the similarity is striking on the left side of the picture (from top to bottom: Acuda P1 Blue - Quantum - MX-S):

The MX-S on my blade is also boosted. I am giving this setup a go tonight.

Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 9:32am
Great stuff Hans.  I was hoping someone would do a comparison to P1, and here you are!
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 1:12pm
Hi, do you play with new poly balls? Which kind ?
Are you sure topsheets are absolutely the same for Quantum and P1? What about size of the pips then?
It will be useful to know more details about these rubbers as comparison, thanks for that in advance!

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Hi, do you play with new poly balls? Which kind ?
Are you sure topsheets are absolutely the same for Quantum and P1? What about size of the pips then?
It will be useful to know more details about these rubbers as comparison, thanks for that in advance!

We tried it with Joola celluloid and Joola 40+ but our league is using the traditional for this season.

As for the pip size, all I have is the photograph I uploaded and I do not plan to measure them - I am not that scientific about rubbers Wink After playing with the Quantum for 3 hours I can say that it is very good with this amount of boost. It can produce spinny slow loops with the celluloid ball but it is the loopdriver's rubber. Very reliable and has good speed potential.

However, I am 99% sure that the topsheet is the same as the Acuda Blue P1, it feels so similar. I am going to tune my P1 so that I can back up my statement. I did not notice much difference in the throw angle or anything else. It is just the sponge that causes a difference of feel between the two. My preference would go for the Tibhar if I had to make a decision now but I am afraid there is just a difference of feel between the two rubbers and not a difference of speed or spin. With the Joola 40+, the Tibhar was very good too but so was the P1.  Good job from ESN in this regard.

Quantum vs MX-S tuned: I asked a friend to block my loops (both slow and fast) from the FH. He said the Quantum was more difficult to return but he also commented that both of them are very spinny.

Overall, the Quantum (or the P1 Blue) seems to be a little step forward from the Bluefire M1: maybe a little less dwell in the topsheet and a different feel that gives it a little edge over the old Bluefires with the 40+ ball. Not a major difference. I am satisfied with it and do not regret buying it. Yet, it is not a redemption and it is not such a major innovation as the Evolution series was. It is definitely not a Tenergy05 replacement but can be a very good option even for advanced players. I also think that if you play with MX-P there is no point in changing that rubber for this one.

berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 5:40pm
have you tried MX-S unboosted? i haven't gone into the boosting world ever, so i'm wondering if it really makes that much of a difference
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2015 at 5:58pm
I have. It was good but I kept hitting the white of the net many times. Boosting has fixed it though and I had perfect control over how it lifted the ball.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2015 at 10:07am
I played some more with it today. It plays very good but I have to stress it is boosted. I would say it is 10% faster than M1 with at least the same amount of spin. M1 users might consider switching to it.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2015 at 2:48pm
Hans - what did you boost it with, Falco long?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2015 at 2:55pm
No, I do not do Falco. It is one of those Belgian boosters (transparent bottle) that I use.
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2015 at 3:08pm
How long does the effect of these Belgian boosters last?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2015 at 3:10pm
This particular one last about 5-6 weeks. - 4 weeks guaranteed.
Bolterixus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 12:59pm
Have you ever used Bryce speed or xiom vega europe. As I want to change my rubber and I am thinking of the quantum from vega Europe. Would it be faster and spinier or similar?
Blade: Primorac OFF-
FH: Bryce Speed FX
BH: Sriver
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 1:54pm
I think it would be a little faster than Vega Europe. I showed it to a few friends yesterday and all of them was surprised how soft the Quantum was (boosted). I have no experience with Bryce speed.

From memory, the Quantum is more powerful than Vega Europe but  I last had it in my hand more than five years ago.  The question is whether you can handle the speed of M1 or not. The Quantum's topsheet is a little different hence the softer feel and it is a little easier to impart on low impact. Its topgear might be a little faster than M1 with the proper stroke.  I would examine the possibility of getting some more advanced XIOM rubbers if there is not a significant price difference.

On a side note, I had the opportunity yesterday to hit with MX-P again after 2 years and I was immediately convinced the the Quantum is no match for the MX-P if we are talking about serious play. Actually, I will get a pair of MX-P after I have destroyed my current set of rubbers.

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 2:00pm
How's is the weight compared to MX-P?
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 12:21am
I do not know, I have not weighed it.
tamtam View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamtam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 4:48am
Many thanks Hans, for the review. I got and tested Quantum S and being curious about Quantum. Your post is really helpful.
Blade: MJ SZLC
FH: Adidas Tenzone Ultra SF 2.0
BH: Adidas Tenzone Ultra SF 1.8
Bolterixus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 12:29pm
Is the quantum faster than MX-P or T05?
Blade: Primorac OFF-
FH: Bryce Speed FX
BH: Sriver
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by tamtam tamtam wrote:

Many thanks Hans, for the review. I got and tested Quantum S and being curious about Quantum. Your post is really helpful.

You are welcome Wink

As for a comparison between Quantum and MX-P: I think the MX-P is better in terms of brute force and high-pace play. The Quantum is too soft overall to be a forehand rubber for power players. I consider T05 and MX-P the best for that.

I have glued my P1 and Quantum on the same blade and played 4 hours with them. I have to correct my initial observation about the topsheet of the two rubbers. Although the spacing between the pips seems to be the same, there might be a little difference in the hardness. I will give a more thorough comparison of the two later.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2015 at 10:57am
After one month, I can safely say that the Quantum is just a rubber born out of marketing purposes. It was on my blade for more than a month and by yesterday it became so dead that it was impossible to control. Stay away from it. MX-P outshines it in every respect - it was on the other side of my blade, they were boosted at the same time and the MX-P is still so powerful that it is a pleasure to play with. I ripped the Quantum off my blade yesterday and got myself an FX-P to replace it.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2015 at 2:19pm
Just to cross-reference forum posts, here's my review of the Quantum: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73730&PN=1#907945
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2015 at 10:52pm
the regular quantum felt a bit firmer than the P-1 acuda blue, it felt also faster when I tried the p-1 on a donic world champion blade
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic