Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Bat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bolterixus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Bat
    Posted: 09/22/2015 at 11:15am
Hi

I am thinking of getting a new bat. Right now I play with the following set up:
Primorac blade
Xiom Vega Europe FH
Sriver L BH

Before I played with Bryce speed and classical bryce.

I had the bat for 2 years so I think it is a time for a change. I am more of an offence player I like to play quick games but sometimes prefer to play short, but depends against who am I playing. The vega seems ok with the speed and spin, but I would like something else. I was like thinking of the new quantum or nimbus delta V, or maybe a different xiom. The speed can be a bit faster but it would be nice if it would be a bit spinnier. With the BH I would like something with more speed. So would rubbers would you suggest. If you have any more questions then just ask.

Blade: Primorac OFF-
FH: Bryce Speed FX
BH: Sriver
Sponsored Links

idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 11:17am
Pretty much every new rubber released in the last 5 years is spinnier and faster than Sriver. Forum search or elaborate if you want a good answer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 11:18am
What kind of information do you need to know?

I am looking for a rubber which is a bit faster than sriver but it still has a fair amount of control so probably not tenergy.

With the rubber for forehand I like vega europe but I would like a change, I would like a rubber which might be a bit faster the vega europe but spinier. Are there any rubbers that you could recommend. I didn't have a chance to play with any tibhar rubbers but the new quantum and the new nimbus delta seems not too bad. Or would you recommend something else.

Edited by Bolterixus - 09/22/2015 at 11:23am
Ben-Jammin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben-Jammin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2015 at 8:09pm
get tenergy 05 its worth the $70 

TBS FL, T05, T64
Viscaria FL, H3N, T64

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 2:13am
I was thinking of tenderly to be honest. Have you ever used vega europe. Would u be able to compare the speed and spin with the vega? Which one is faster?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 7:26am
Okay, after saying probably not Tenergy, you are now thinking of Tenergy.  What changed your mind?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 10:20am
Sriver L BH  or  tenergy 

1985 corolla or porch   , just get any modern tensor softer rubber they are all from the same place anyway 
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 12:27pm
I have started of tenergy as there are a lot of good opinions on it.The tenergy would be for the FH not BH smackman. I don't want to get just a random rubber, I want to get one that I know will be a good choice like maybe the xiom omega V or IV Asia, or maybe Evolution MX-S OR P, but which rubber would you recommend for the FH
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2015 at 5:00pm
do you train
how long have you played
what is your style
were you coached
are you getting coached now
what other players bats have you tried
what style do you want to play
have often do you play
do you play league, tournaments
rating before and now
or can you ask random social players from around the world to choose for you

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 2:04am
Yes I do I train twice a week.
I played for a bit less than 4 years/ 3 and a half
Offence like, mid distance from the table. Sometimes I like playing quick short games. But I'm not a huge fan of defending
Yes and I still am once a week
I didn't have a chance to use a wide range.
I play twice a week not counting tournaments
I play in a league and occasionally tournaments
I don't have a rating I'm from UK
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 1:34pm
MX-P and be done. 
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 2:15pm
What do you think of the MX-S?
AHSQ have you ever played with any xiom rubbers, would you be able to compare MX-P with the speed of vega europe?
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2015 at 2:34pm
did not try MX-S, people say they are different.

I tried the Omega 5 line, MX-P is 95% speed to O5P but 120% better in other areas. Vegas are like 2 classes lower. 

I like it over T05 due to the big pore sponge. yes I tried T05. 
FS:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 4:12am
Ahsq, would you say the omega V series would be a good choice. Also what is the difference between the Mx-p/mx-s against vega europe if anyone knows. Or if there is an article on the market being compared would someone be able to give me a link as I can't find it. Is the mx-s or pekka version faster than like T80 or T05?
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Bolterixus Bolterixus wrote:

Ahsq, would you say the omega V series would be a good choice. Also what is the difference between the Mx-p/mx-s against vega europe if anyone knows. Or if there is an article on the market being compared would someone be able to give me a link as I can't find it. Is the mx-s or pekka version faster than like T80 or T05?

Bol, it all depends on your play style. I play forehand full loop close/mid table aggresive attack and backhand chop/banana flick style. I would say O5A or O5T. I dont like O5P, just fast and no dwell

I like the MX-P mainly due to its heavy boosted mid-hard topsheet and big pore sponge. The topsheet is the best one I have seen so far. FAR better than Omega lines. Omega lines arent bad, just that MX-P suits me much more so. Given MX-S has smaller pores, I dont think I'd like it but I'd not know until I try. I like the dwell on it.

I tried the Vega line, it is to be ALL rubber. No particular outstanding aspect. If you need more info, do a search. If you do all out attack dont get Vega, get O5T or O5A if you must want a Xiom, or Try MX-P or the newer Quantum. I stand firmly behind MX-P 2.2mm. Its the top dog.
FS:

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 3:47pm
A few months ago, ahsq was asking questions about European rubbers having mostly used cheap equipment all his life and taking lessons from players to improve admittedly low level game.  He is now the expert on rubbers and can tell that T05 is brittle like an "85 yo grandpa".  How time flies and how people change.
Cybershape Carbon
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

A few months ago, ahsq was asking questions about European rubbers having mostly used cheap equipment all his life and taking lessons from players to improve admittedly low level game.  He is now the expert on rubbers and can tell that T05 is brittle like an "85 yo grandpa".  How time flies and how people change.

yup after numerous homeworks and sh!ts. by the way, mind your business and dont call me out. This forum is full of people like you that want to condescend on someone else. I am making remarks on the rubbers I played with. What is wrong with that? I dont recall criticizing you on your weak dipper blade and dipper rubbers with a bs tone like yours.

Edited by ahsq - 09/26/2015 at 4:17pm
FS:

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 4:25pm
Not a problem.  It's just interesting that people are so eager for knowledge on equipment that they consider the statements of people they know little about helpful.  Thankfully, popular rubbers are good, so EJ's can't do that much harm.
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2015 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

yup after numerous homeworks and sh!ts. by the way, mind your business and dont call me out. This forum is full of people like you that want to condescend on someone else. I am making remarks on the rubbers I played with. What is wrong with that? I dont recall criticizing you on your weak dipper blade and dipper rubbers with a bs tone like yours.

Sure.  I am just helping OP get acquainted with our forum EJs so that he is informed.
Cybershape Carbon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 6:26am
Do any of you have an opinion on the quantum or nimbus delta V as I can't find many reviews on them.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2015 at 8:35am

Do any of you have an opinion on the quantum or nimbus delta V as I can't find many reviews on them.

What is your philosophy of the difference that equipment makes to your game?  IT helps to know because people who take a long time making these decisions fall int two camps:

1) the people who already have something they really like, but for some reason, can no longer use it anymore.  They want a good substitute so they will take their time looking for one. They will sometimes test many rubbers and blades at their clubs if they can as that is the best way of finding out.  They know what they are looking for - it's just a matter of getting it or something close enough to it.

2) the people who generally don't use lots of equipment, but think that they can get something better. a)  If they go into a phase where they are using and testing a lot of equipment and also buying it, they become EJs and learn about equipment over time.  
b)  If they do test equipment but don't buy most of it, they become more informed about what they do or don't want and ask specific questions about what they have tested already.  
In both cases, when they report their opinions of what they have already used, people can use this to inform what to suggest for them.

Usually, if you are just getting reviews about rubbers from online sources, you are going about this the wrong way.  You are trusting people who you have never seen play to tell you what a rubber can or cannot do, and even the better reviewers may say something about a rubber based on using it 1 day that you find a workaround for if you use it for 1 week as a full time user.  Level of skill matters.  Whether you boost or not matters.  Speed of blade often matters.

In the end, all this inquiry about this or that rubber isn't going to do much more than make you enjoy the game slightly better if you are convinced you have the right rubber for you.  You could get almost as good or slightly better using any other rubber if you played with it consistently.

Of course, none of this may make a difference, but my main recommendation is this - try stuff that players around you use and see what you like in that category.  Then come here or look online and see if the reviews match what you found about the rubber while using it.  Or ignore the reviews and buy it if you liked it.

If you are sent on quantum or nimbus, just buy it!  IT's not going to make that much of a difference - rubbers are rubbers and anyone for whom it would make a world of difference would not be approaching the problem the way you are - they would be going for known rubbers or just by the rubber and test and then try to resell it for half or quarter price if they don't like it. They would be people in the first category.
Cybershape Carbon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2015 at 11:24am
So after research and asking people.

What do you think the following set up for my next bat?

Xiom Omega V europe or Pro FH
Joola Air or Stiga airoc astro S BH
Primorac off-

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2015 at 1:36pm
Do you think that that stiga airoc astro S is a good BH rubber also does it have a fair amount of control?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 4:33am
Yes the astro airoc s is an excellent backahand rubber with high control.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 4:42am
Just wondering. Would you recommend max for Fh or 2.0. Also what is the thickness of max of omega V europe?

Edited by Bolterixus - 10/04/2015 at 4:43am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 12:30pm
How much faster is Vega Pro compared to Vega europe and japan?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 12:59pm
You are something else!
Cybershape Carbon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 2:20pm

You are something else!

what do you mean

anyone back to my questions, what is the difference?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 3:13pm

How much faster is Vega Pro compared to Vega europe and japan?

Just interesting how you have gone from Omega to Vega without warning.  Good luck with the questions.  I'm sure on another forum somewhere, this question was answered but I digress.

Edited by NextLevel - 10/04/2015 at 3:14pm
Cybershape Carbon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolterixus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 1:31pm
On the TT11 website the Tibhar stratus power wood blade for the handle it says CONC (FL) is it a normal flared handle? what does the conc mean?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic