Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Can someone please compare Rasant Grip & Acuda P2?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can someone please compare Rasant Grip & Acuda P2?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can someone please compare Rasant Grip & Acuda P2?
    Posted: 09/24/2015 at 10:25pm
So far, nothing has been better than Rasant Grip on my backhand. Has anyone tried both Andro Rasant Grip and the new Donic Acuda P2? 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Sponsored Links

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2016 at 6:41am
I've waited a year! MAJOR BUMP
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2016 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by gekogark1212 gekogark1212 wrote:

I've waited a year! MAJOR BUMP

All I can say that Rasant Grip is a very nice rubber (I tried it once for a few minutes), albeit for me a tad weighty. I will try it again after the NA Teams and post more of my impressions. Alas, did not try Acuda P2. Are they more or less the same in terms of hardness, speed/spin etc.?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2016 at 12:36pm
Background: used p2 on both fh and bh for almost a year.  Currently using Andro Rasant on my fh and Andro Rasant Power grip on my bh and have been using this set up for about 5 months.

Before the P2 I used Donic Bluefire m2/fh m3/bh for a while, and when they came out with the JP series I switched to JP02/JP03 and I found that the top sheet wore out way faster than the M series. 

I feel that the P series was not only made for the plastic ball but as a replacement for the JP series. The sponge is very similar if not the same as the JP series and the top sheet seems to last a lot longer.

With that said I feel that the Acuda P2 would be a lighter alternative to the Rasant grip.  

The Rasant Grip has a heavier/harder sponge than the P2 making it heavier. 

Even though the P2's sponge hardness/weight is lighter; the throw angle is very similar if not identical to the rasant power grip (in my honest opinion). It was one of the most seamless transitions in different rubber companies I've ever had.  

The P2 has a slightly tackier top sheet that I feel plays better with the new plastic ball, but we're splitting hairs here between the two rubbers.  

Xiom Europe Vegas|FH Tenergy 05|BH:Tenergy 05FX|
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2016 at 12:47pm
P2 is by far the lightest new-gen 45 deg ESN tensor out there.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2016 at 3:19pm
How is Acuda P2 in terms of control in short game and catapult? many Donic tensors are famous for a very fast catapult which makes them not easy to handle in short game, in midpower shots and placement game.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2016 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

How is Acuda P2 in terms of control in short game and catapult? many Donic tensors are famous for a very fast catapult which makes them not easy to handle in short game, in midpower shots and placement game.

The difference between P2 and M2 is that while M2 is very bouncy on short strokes, P2 is not. In fact, that is a trait that a lot of players don't like about P2 but I find quite suitable as I generally use OFF or OFF+ blades.

So, while P2 would be more bouncy than comparable generation harder sponge ESN tensors (like P1 or Xiom Omega V Tour), it would be less bouncy than M2, S2 or Omega V Europe.

So, in short strokes, it is slow. On larger strokes, it has almost as much catapault as Tenergy 64. Spin on larger strokes is about the same as that of M2. Throw is lower (perhaps a touch lower than that of Tenergy 64). Topsheet grip is great.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2016 at 5:24pm
From what I remember, a P2 max cut to standard BTY blade (157x150) was about 43.5 gms. Only Bryce Highspeed is possibly lighter than that among modern rubbers of that hardness. And the control is excellent.
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2016 at 1:36am
Thanks guys! I appreciate it :)
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic