Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How does Tenergy 64 play with the plastic ball?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How does Tenergy 64 play with the plastic ball?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How does Tenergy 64 play with the plastic ball?
    Posted: 10/03/2015 at 5:21pm
Not sure if my EJ craving has disappeared yet, might have to revisit this one. 

I found the rubber as a whole a tad too fast with the old ball, maybe the new plastic ball will make Tenergy 64 a lot better overall.

I know there are many reviews of T64 out there, but if anyone has experiences of playing with T64 with the new ball, feel free to share.

Thanks,

SmackDAT 
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2015 at 6:21pm
I love T64 on my FH. With the new ball I lost the usual amount of spin I was able to create(more than any other rubber even the T05) Counter and smash are easier than before. What I feel that I have to do now is to follow the ball more than before ( more forward motion) and the ball magically lands on the other side
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2015 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

I love T64 on my FH. With the new ball I lost the usual amount of spin I was able to create(more than any other rubber even the T05) Counter and smash are easier than before. What I feel that I have to do now is to follow the ball more than before ( more forward motion) and the ball magically lands on the other side
Is it your technique that allows you to generate more spin with T64 than T05? i.e. smaller, more compact strokes, or more upward motion? Also, what is your playing level - and how did you make up for the spin loss (especially on serves)?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/03/2015 at 7:00pm
My level is C6.If I was playing more competitions I would be C2 which is my actual level in a good day. I suspect I have more upward motion, but I am not sure if this makes me win more with the T64 on my FH. It's complex thing where speed isn't on the last place. Now I am desperate to see people which never ever managed to block my tops of lift my chops grinning happily from the other side of the table. They love the new ball.......I don't feel much of a loss during serve as long as I menage to serve short with (any)spin
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 4:22am
I had fairly good results with T64 on my FH as a penholder at the recent US Open.  Normally I use hurricane, but I needed a rubber ASAP in a pinch during the tournament.  I did not feel like much adjustment was needed, maybe just slightly more upward motion than from hurricane.

T64 behaves much more linearly with the plastic ball than it did with the celluloid ball, and I actually preferred it over T05 on my FH.  Not as spinny as other rubbers out there, but consistent and dependable with the reduced catapult feeling with the new ball.

If you found T64 too fast with the old ball, you will probably like it a lot more now with the plastic ball.  As for serves, I could not generate the same kind of spin as I could with a tacky rubber, but it was enough to be effective as long as you can tame the bounciness (biggest problem for me coming from chinese rubber).
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/2015 at 6:46am
Not as spinny as other rubbers ? Which rubbers are spinnier especially when looping , chopping or driving without loosing pace ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic