FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Andro Rasant versions: let's sort it out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

MX-P is slightly harder (~46.5 vs 45)...

by the way, where did you find hardness levels for the Evo series?
The specs are available on the Evolution series page of the Tibhar official site.

It turns out there are two ranges of hardness: JPN and EUR.

BTW, on Tibhar Japan it is stated the country of origin of the Evolution series is Germany.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Sponsored Links

chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 5:56pm
there was an unsuccess in BTY SpinArt. It claims that the topsheet must be tackier when the sponge increases the hardness, otherwise losing down the control side. Hence the Rasant Beat is (will be) the most successful rubber.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 5:57pm
then go tell a top USTTF guy who uses T05 to change since his skills is most of what he needs. 100% fail.

....this is last I will post in this thread. 
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

MX-P is slightly harder (~46.5 vs 45)...

by the way, where did you find hardness levels for the Evo series?

The specs are available on the Evolution series page of the Tibhar official site.

It turns out there are two ranges of hardness: JPN and EUR.

BTW, on Tibhar Japan it is stated the country of origin of the Evolution series is Germany.

Another great find, zeio!
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 8:04pm
There are not two different sponges (JPN vs EUR) - only two different hardness scales !!!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 8:48pm

There are not two different sponges (JPN vs EUR) - only two different hardness scales !!!

that's what I took zeio to be saying/understanding
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 11:43am
I'm really glad I took time to figure out what versions I'd want to try. I'm quite impressed and satisfied with both Rasant Grip and Rasant Beat.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 11:58am

I'm really glad I took time to figure out what versions I'd want to try. I'm quite impressed and satisfied with both Rasant Grip and Rasant Beat.

What do you think of Beat?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

It is sooo soft. For blocking it's phenomenal. I was practicing with a 2000 rated two wing looper. Absorbing his powerful loops with Beat revealed one of it's strengths. 

It's very nice for flicking. And I get more spin on serves with Beat over any rubber I've ever tried.

But overall, I'm leaning towards Rasant Grip.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

try to say that again after playing 729 OEM against my MX-P.

I will play $8 Dawei XP2008 on a $20 Dawei Quattro Limba vs your MX-P but that is not my point. My point is that the sounder your technique is, the more your decisions about rubbers in the same class becomes more about preferences than objective superiority.

Rasant Grip is a great rubber. I used it as my first plastic ball rubber and dis pretty well with it.

How did you think MX-S lined up against Rasant Grip. Are they more or less the same breed? 
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

How did you think MX-S lined up against Rasant Grip. Are they more or less the same breed? 

Very different in my opinion. Grip is lighter, overall softer, and grippier. MX-S is hard, heavy, and slightly tacky.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 12:40pm

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

It is sooo soft. For blocking it's phenomenal. I was practicing with a 2000 rated two wing looper. Absorbing his powerful loops with Beat revealed one of it's strengths. 

It's very nice for flicking. And I get more spin on serves with Beat over any rubber I've ever tried.

But overall, I'm leaning towards Rasant Grip.

I'm glad it's not just me.  I liked all those nice things, but looping a dead ball below net height was tricky for me.  I switched to Acuda Blue P2 and it handles that much better, but you do lose some of the amazing "wall of death" feel of Beat.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 1:42pm

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Very different in my opinion. Grip is lighter, overall softer, and grippier. MX-S is hard, heavy, and slightly tacky.

Yes, Grip is more of an Euro rubber with good catapult etc. In some ways, it is a low throw Tenergy 05 were that possible. I wasn't recording my matches when I used it and since my technique has improved since then, I might have a slightly different opinion of it now, but I do remember that it had high quality spin and amazing grip but that you had to create the arc yourself.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 1:47pm
Can anybody tell if rasant grip or Mx-S has the same high throw like T05 or vega pro?
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 6:23pm
Rasant grip is low throw, way low throw than T05
heplayslikearobot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heplayslikearobot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 11:31pm
Rasant is a good all-around rubber. Rasant Grip has more spin than the normal Rasant, but still the same speed and control. Rasant Power Grip has as much spin as Grip, is faster than both and has about the same amount of control. Rasant Power Grip is the best alternative to Tenergy 05. I have used Rasant and Rasant Grip for months and they are fantastic, especially with the plastic ball. I have only used Power Grip for a matter of minutes, but it is definitely comparable to Tenergy 05.
Sent from my iPhone
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2015 at 12:34am
Do the Rasant Grip and Power Grip have a strong chemical smell out of the package like the Donic Bluefire? ( at least the Bluefire i have tried).

Edited by Makelele - 11/13/2015 at 12:36am
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2015 at 2:11pm
I never got the booster smell off the Rasant series rubbers at all and I also used the Bluefires for awhile. 

After playing for 2 years with the Rasant Turbo, I am now a serious devotee of the Powergrip.  Using it on a stiff, fast blade it is amazing with the new ball.  I liked the Grip as well but the PG is a beast.  Very low throw on stiff blades but w practice you get used to it.  The topsheet and sponge work so well together, loads of gears and great spin on service.  A replacement for T05?  Much better than T05 and 20 quid cheaper.  (This post has been brought to you by Andro Ireland, a subsidiary of Andro Deutchland...Wink)  Seriously, a great rubber for the new ball.  
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2015 at 6:08pm
kevo, sorry for my English, but that you "never got the smell off the rubber" means that it had smell and you couldn't ever get rid of it? Or that the rubber didn't have any smell at all? My knowledge of idioms in English is pretty poor...haha
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2015 at 11:06am
Sorry Makelele, I meant that there never was any smell to begin with.  'Off' is idiomatic, meaning 'from' eg. I got €20 off him for the beer I bought.  It is not proper English at all and, considering I am a writer and an English teacher, I must beg forgiveness! Embarrassed 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2015 at 1:32pm
the andro gods forgive you kevo
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 6:21pm
They are easily appeased, Rocketman, considering the money I've laid at the alter over the years!Wink
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2015 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by kevo kevo wrote:

They are easily appeased, Rocketman, considering the money I've laid at the alter over the years!Wink

Sometimes they demand sacrifices, like a ceremony in which you tear a brand new tenergy05 in half lol
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 11:14am
Or breaking a brand new TB ALC off your thigh in an ecstatic rage!
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2016 at 11:02pm
Is the Rasant Powersponge sort of allround rubber? How does it push and block?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2016 at 6:36pm
Never mind ... I found some related info on the Australian forum.

Edited by JacekGM - 02/15/2016 at 6:40pm
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic