Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some new 2015 Yinhe Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some new 2015 Yinhe Blades
    Posted: 10/05/2015 at 10:36pm
here are some of the blades i have tested:

Yinhe Pro 7w
wt: 88 grams
thickness: 6.2mm
375RMB

Colored limba outer plies. Not sure if the secondary layers are basswood or ayous. Supposedly it is a very good blade. The handle is so comfy but I had problems with the outer plies splintering when removing rubbers. OFF speed with good feel.

Yinhe Pro 5w
wt: 86 grams
Thickness: 5.8mm
360 RMB

This is a YEO clone but looks better and feels lighter. I The speed is in the same level of the Stiga original but the handle is much smoother and it has less vibrations. It is basically a Ma Lin Extra Offensive with a bigger blade head, smoother handle and much more comfortable to play with. This is my favorite among their new blades and I am using it with my Prov. H3 40+

Yinhe Special 01
wt:90 grams
Thickness: 6mm
475 RMB

THis is their high end clipper clone. it is thinner than the PD 437. This is the more expensive clipper clone but I don't like it much.

Yinhe PD 437
wt: 87 grams
Thickness: 6.5mm
295 RMB

This is the Clipper clone that I prefer. It is much thicker than the S-01. Also known as Purple Dragon 437, this is faster than the S-01 but cheaper. The handle is also smooth and comfortable. So of the 3 new 7 ply all wood blades of Yinhe, this is the one to choose. Speed is more or less that of a Clipper CR or faster.

Yinhe Pro Feeling
Wt: 92 grams
Thickness: 6mm
610 RMB

It feels like an innerforce alc. Top plies are koto with alc layers. I used the MX-S evolution on this and despite being a low rubber the MX-S here is fast. The neck is small and the wing part is also small not to hinder your grip which is very comfortable. This is their best mid-ranged price composite blade that I have tried.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 11:43pm
Thank you so much for reviewing the not so known blades. That koto outer has me interested.
Does the pro feeling go by any other names?

5w is so cheap for a rosewood blade!

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2015 at 11:50pm
that is the name on the blade and on the catalogue. yes it is cheap for a rosewood and believe me it should cost more than what it is priced for now! 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

aNo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 1:22am
Interesting - the Pro-5W is listed as Walnut top layer according to princett, which would make it more like YEO than RW5.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 4:01am
From the pics, the Pro 5W does look like walnut and not rosewood. Furthermore, the PD 437 top looks like basswood rather than limba, so it's not just a Clipper clone if that's the case.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 7:07am
Basswood as top ply is way different from limba. Let me ask the yinhe again about the pro w5 because the last time i asked they said its rosewood. If it is walnut then it is a yeo clone.

Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 8:14am
Yes, very different properties indeed, it's just it looked like it from the pics.

Could you please add more frontal pictures as well when you do your reviews? Your photos always look great, and we can usually see the inner plies well from the side views, but sometimes it is also good to be able to zoom into the top ply – especially when it's high quality wood.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 8:43am
I have a rosewood that I bought from them to try.  I don't see any rosewood in those pics.

The last one looks like a v14.  Just with "pro" marked on it and I'm sure accompanied with a pro price.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 9:54am
The pd437 and the s01 are the same blades with the pd437 being thicker.

Uskglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uskglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 10:02am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

The last one looks like a v14.  Just with "pro" marked on it and I'm sure accompanied with a pro price.
Maybe because it's ALC instead of Carbokev, the fibers are definitely different looking than my V14 which has a distinctly green/black color.

Excited for these to get onto places that sell to the US, would love to try this as well as the Rosewood clone.

Edited by Uskglass - 10/06/2015 at 10:07am
Yinhe Earth.3 - DHS TG3 Neo/729 Aurora
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 12:19pm
Yogi, are there any sellers of Yinhe blades in our country? I'm interested to try them out.
racaldas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racaldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 12:35pm
hi :)

maybe im wrong but i think the last blade uses their new fiber VOLCARYL or something like that...
i think it is basalto + arylate... the Z5 uses the basalto fiber n it is a very nice blade.
YINHE W 6
- Black, 2,2mm, fh
- Red, 2,2mm, bh
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 9:13pm
Errata: Yinhe said it is walnut outer plies. My bad. 

Yes the pro feeling blade and the pro power(another variant) have volcaryl layers. Though if you look at the composite layers, they just look like another carbon arylate weave. Regardless of the material, the Pro Feeling is one good blade. It's expensive but worth it.

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 9:14pm
I'm glad the walnut version doesn't come in ST
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 9:19pm
theo, why? they have this in ST and CPEN too

the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2015 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

theo, why? they have this in ST and CPEN too

Darn... now I'll be tempted
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2015 at 12:13pm
some of these galaxy blades are pricy comparatively speaking to europe/japan blades. Do they perform worthy of the price tag?
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2015 at 5:28pm

I have a rosewood that I bought from them to try.  I don't see any rosewood in those pics.

Cole, I remember you having mentioned that you do not carry any clipper equivalent, may be its time to stock the Yinhe PD 437?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2015 at 10:11pm
I'm willing to try it.  They used to have the U series which was definitely clipper cr type stuff.

How much does it retail for?  I'm not really into buying yinhe blades that cost as much as their euro/japanese counterparts

mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2015 at 6:08am
Taobao has it for 19 dollar same for the pd 537.
Chicobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2016 at 12:59am

I'm willing to try it.  They used to have the U series which was definitely clipper cr type stuff.

How much does it retail for?  I'm not really into buying yinhe blades that cost as much as their euro/japanese counterparts

I noticed on your site its listed as 92-97 grams compared to yogi's review listing it at 87 grams. This is correct?
Stiga Genesis x2 on Nexy Rubicon
Galaxy Moon/Air Illumina Alpha on Andro Temper Tech Off-
USATT 1620...Learning to play vs long pips
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2016 at 10:18am
I've not seen one under 93g.  Maybe the first batch was lighter, I don't know.  Judging by the composition, I wouldn't expect it to be any lighter.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2016 at 12:03pm

I m eager to try it looks that its built with higher standards than stiga
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2016 at 3:18pm
That's cost.  That's under cost, in fact.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic