FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Review: Yinhe Vis-A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review: Yinhe Vis-A
    Posted: 10/08/2015 at 1:44am
I was lucky enough to be given a Yinhe Vis-A by PingPongHolic10 to review (and moronic enough to take so long doing it).

I don't know much about the background of this blade at all but PPH told me that this is Yinhe's Viscaria clone.

PPH sent the blade to me with Sigma 2 Euro and Joola Maxx-P on it & I hit for an hour with that combo. While I have demo'ed those 2 rubbers earlier, I don't use them on my blades so I had to wait for my shipment of MX-P to land. I put MX-P and Rasant Grip on both the TB-ALC and the Vis-A to test them.

Initial Feel: To me, the Vis-A (92g) seemed a lot like the TB-ALC (mine was 86g) rather than the Viscaria. Its ST handle seemed VERY similar to that of the TB-ALC except that it felt more solid & less hollow (which, to me, is a great attribute). It felt really good in the hand. To me, looking at the side view of both blades (sorry: I don't know how to take good side photos with my phone), it seemed that the ply composition is the same as that of the TB-ALC but with a thicker and more solid feeling core: the Vis-A blade that I demo'ed has a thickness of 6.16mm where as my TB-ALC was 5.72mm thick (which is around normal for those blades). Not sure how old the blade is but the outer ply seemed a shade softer and darker in color than the ply in the TB-ALC (both positive attributes in this class of blades, IMHO).

Playing characteristics: This is very close to what I'd imagine a professional player's TB-ALC would be. The blade feels like my TB-ALC but more solid and packs a punch (more than a TB-ALC does) when you wallop from mid-distance. It has a shade more feel than the TB-ALC but I'm not sure at this time if that is a consistent trait among all Vis-A blades or it is a 'small sample' thing. I don't own a TB-ZLC at this time but I do have a 90g MJ at home. To me, its power rating would be between that of the TB-ALC and the MJ but with exactly the TB-ALC like feel. So, in a way, it is the TB-ALC for the new plastic ball. The stiffness, throw angle and spin seemed to be similar in both blades. The sweet spot is just as good.

Concerns: The one good thing you can say about BTY is its build quality. While this one looks great, I don't know how it holds out (I'm assuming that it shall hold out great). It certainly feels great and like the BTY blade.

I would seal the blade just to be safe. 

Another advantage of the TB-ALC is that it more or less preserves its resale value. But the TB-ALC now costs a whopping $150. I don't know how much the Vis-A costs but I'm assuming that it is a small bargain compared to that (and this takes care of both of the above concerns). 

In short, if I feel like I need a TB-ALC, but I'm hesitant (both because of the price hike & some new-found anti-BTY bias) I'm calling PPH to set me up with the Vis-A ST blade.
Sponsored Links

tomkei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomkei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2015 at 6:26am
i got vis-a from PPH too(special thanks to him). And currently using it with xiom omega4pro(fh) and acuda s2(bh). and i love this blade :) it has outstanding control and very good feel/power.  Some time ago i had bty spirit and compared to this, vis-a is a bit faster with better control and more linear trajectory. Also before getting this beauty was using korbel sk7, after touching vis-a handle (have more rounded one)  and taking  few shots, sk7 went to my backup blade,instantly :)
xiom vega euro,sigma2pro,el-p
xiom vega pro
mizutani zlc,t05fx,r53
mizutani zlc,h8mid,rakza9

My Feedback
Uskglass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uskglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2015 at 10:15am
Anyone know how much these will cost or when they will be available on places that sell to the US (Ali/EachEng/PrinceOfTT)? I'm really excited about some of these newer Yinhe blades.
Yinhe Earth.3 - DHS TG3 Neo/729 Aurora
tomkei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomkei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2015 at 10:27am
just right PingPongHolic10, he has some ;) (he is from US)

Edited by tomkei - 10/08/2015 at 10:29am
xiom vega pro
mizutani zlc,t05fx,r53

My Feedback
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2015 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Uskglass Uskglass wrote:

Anyone know how much these will cost or when they will be available on places that sell to the US (Ali/EachEng/PrinceOfTT)? I'm really excited about some of these newer Yinhe blades.

Not sure what the general release version of this blade will be called & price.  This blade can be purchased from Taobao for $750rmb (~120usd excluding shipping).   I still have a few left & was told they would jack up the price=S

From the 2015 Yinhe Blade Thread, the ALC-K is very similar to Pro Feeling.

See my VIS-A Pro Review in my blog. if interested.  

My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2015 at 11:52pm
Just wondering if you guys did some more tests with the Vis-A. I actually received one too today from PPH through a trade. I probably won't by be able to test it for another couple of weeks since we got a tournament coming up at the end of the month. I was thinking to put a Nittaku DHS H3N on forehand and Dr. N Buffalo on backhand. Mine weighs 92.8g and the top ply looks a little bit lighter in color than shown in this thread but this might be the lighting.

Edited by Matt Pimple - 10/14/2015 at 11:53am
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
tomkei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomkei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 4:47am
ye mine looks lighter too :) i think it's due lighting in the room. mine weights around 93gr, and i'm using it for around 3months = still love it. yesterday  tried to compare vis-a to acoustic carbon, and it felt quite similar
xiom vega pro
mizutani zlc,t05fx,r53

My Feedback
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 3:27pm
I wonder how these compare to the Double Day offerings, where its the OEM making butterfly vs a clone
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 6:29pm
The OEM used to make Butterfly. Not anymore for a while now (a very long while).
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 12:04pm
So based on the above comments, the VIS-A seems more like a pro version of the TB-ALC than the Viscaria. I am hoping to test mine soon though I have actually never played TB-ALC or Viscaria thus I won't be able to compare.
By the way, the build quality and finish of my blade is excellent; everything is very smooth and rounded.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Avallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 11:29pm
when will my dealer give it to me.....
hiks
an indonesian tennis table maniac

MY FEEDBACK

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 10:49am
A Yinhe XXXXX seems more like a pro version of a Butterfly YYYYYYYYYY.

First time I have ever seen something like that written before!!

In any case, when Yin He clones a blade, they make it perfectly clear from the look of the blade what they cloning and from the few examples I have played with, they often come reasonably close.  I imagine to cover all of their cloning bases, they added the word Vis to the name.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2015 at 1:59pm
So I finally got a chance to use my VIS-A in two practice sessions with Nittaku DHS H3N on forehand and Dr. Neubauer Buffalo (frictionless anti) on backhand. Here my results in a nutshell:
- weight 93g (seemed kind of heavy at first to me)
- thick solid handle prevents it from being head heavy, feels well balanced
- speed is OFF; a little slower than my Schlager Light (can't compare to TB ALC or Viscaria since never tested)
- less bouncy and more linear than Schlager Light
- spin is very good on loops, at least as high as Schlager Light; opponents made a lot of mistakes on opening loops
- less pronounced arc on loops than Schlager Light
- a little lower throw on looping than Schlager Light
- feels stiff and solid on blocks (nice!)
- nice touch, doesn't feel too hard
- my anti plays more controlled on the VIS-A; the Buffalo matches really good with this blade, better than Schlager Light
- huge reversal with the Buffalo and better attacking than Schlager Light
- low throw with my anti, initially a lot of blocks ended up in the need; needed some adjustment

Overall a very nice attacking blade which suits loopers but works also very well for people with a junk rubber (anti, pips) on backhand. The most outstanding feature to me was the really nice ball feedback you get in your hand; I have not seeing this before in other blades. I am planning to test it more and might use it in the next tournament.

Edited by Matt Pimple - 11/13/2015 at 2:00pm

My Feedback
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2015 at 5:42pm
But why would you want to pay 125$ for a clone, when you can have the original for the same price
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2015 at 6:21pm
Straight handle is a good reason in this specific case.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

But why would you want to pay 125$ for a clone, when you can have the original for the same price

Like I said I did not play the original so I don't know if it is better or worse. I got it from PPH in a trade for another blade. I personally feel it is a very fine blade in terms of quality, craftsmanship, feel and how it plays. By the way, a Chinese friend of mine confirmed through one of his friends who is the equipment supplier for one of the provincial teams that this blade is indeed special made for YinHe sponsored provincial players and it is not available for general sale. The more I play with it the more I like it as I think my game has become more consistent due to better control/feel and less bounciness than my current blade. Yesterday I beat a solid 2000+ guy (as high as 2180 last year) 3-1 who usually beats me quite handily.
I will continue to test it in parallel with my current for another week or so blade but I thinking to switch to it permanently.

Edited by Matt Pimple - 11/20/2015 at 5:43pm

My Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 5:43pm
double post...sorry

Edited by Matt Pimple - 11/20/2015 at 5:44pm

My Feedback
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

Like I said I did not play the original so I don't know if it is better or worse. I got it from PPH in a trade for another blade. I personally feel it is a very fine blade in terms of quality, craftsmanship, feel and how it plays. By the way, a Chinese friend of mine confirmed through one of his friends who is the equipment supplier for one of the provincial teams that this blade is indeed special made for YinHe sponsored provincial players and it is not available for general sale. The more I play with it the more I like it as I think my game has become more consistent due to better control/feel and less bounciness than my current blade. Yesterday I beat a solid 2000+ guy (as high as 2180 last year) 3-1 who usually beats me quite handily.
I will continue to test it in parallel with my current for another week or so blade but I thinking to switch to it permanently.

Lol, it's a small world; aint it.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2015 at 7:05pm
PPH actually confirmed now that the outer ply of the Vis-A is Ayous as posted in his sales thread: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55790&title=fs-ftyinhe-vis-propro-cpensjoola-rapid-tt-shoes
Since Ayous is actually quite similar to Limba, this would mean that the Vis-A should feel similar to BTY M.Maze (limba outers) rather than Viscaria or TB ALC. Could somebody here you played both (Vis-A and Maze) confirm that? In his test slevin pointed out that it was close to TB ALC.

My Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic