Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best blade for loopers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 10:53am
By that point of view, probably if you play with old Srivers and get used to them you would also kept your raking. 
Everybody knows that the blade/rubbers won't do miracles, but some will help a lot to one kind of players and other will be better for other players.
That is why I'm saying that if he tries different blades he would choose one he likes better, maybe just in his mind, but that is also a part of the game.
When he chooses one certain blade composition, then he just needs to try from different brands to see which fits him better
Sponsored Links

assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 11:03am
In my case, I began by choosing the out layer between koto, limba and hinoki (never tried others like rosewood or walnut), then the composition (changed my preferences for the plastic ball) and then I ask OSP to make me a customized blade (which I love). It could have worked badly, but not in my case

CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 11:18am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by assam assam wrote:

If blades don't do anything special to your game why did you try so many and keep changing them?
Of corse you can find blades very different, in terms of spin generation, control, speed, hardness, or how they behave at each players hand

Because I enjoy buying and playing with blades and I like being able to speak from first hand experience about them. I have not improved my rating whenever I changed a blade. If I did, the blade did something special.

Great EJ confession...

It's 2015... Who said "no more EJ'ing in 2015"...

Answer: Most of us...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 11:28am
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

If blades don't do anything special to your game why did you try so many and keep changing them?
Of corse you can find blades very different, in terms of spin generation, control, speed, hardness, or how they behave at each players hand

Because I enjoy buying and playing with blades and I like being able to speak from first hand experience about them. I have not improved my rating whenever I changed a blade. If I did, the blade did something special.

Great EJ confession...

Maybe it should read "the rest of 2015". I am set on my current setup for the rest of 2015. I have used it for month and a half now and since Tenergy 05 prices have gone up and I have 4 spare sheets, it is going to be pretty hard to change to the alternative for a year.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 11:43am

By that point of view, probably if you play with old Srivers and get used to them you would also kept your raking. 
Everybody knows that the blade/rubbers won't do miracles, but some will help a lot to one kind of players and other will be better for other players.
That is why I'm saying that if he tries different blades he would choose one he likes better, maybe just in his mind, but that is also a part of the game.
When he chooses one certain blade composition, then he just needs to try from different brands to see which fits him better

Which is exactly what I said but you just didn't like how I said it.
Cybershape Carbon
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 12:15pm
Perhaps I didn't understand it that way Tongue
It's not about like it or not Wink
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 12:30pm
Beginners, by nature, tend to choose blades that are too fast for them.

There are many short term justifications, including shorter strokes and ability to hit winners when out of position.

Allowing beginners to try everyone's equipment and pick what they like usually isn't a good idea.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 12:47pm
Yah, but "big d" doesn't seems to be a begginer...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 12:51pm
I think under the guidance of an informed player, it is actually a good idea. Being attracted to the wrong things when inexperienced is not unique to table tennis. It's all tied to misconceptions about what it takes to do well and thinking more of something is always better.
Cybershape Carbon
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 12:54pm

I appreciate that assam
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 1:21pm

Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

Great EJ confession...

Maybe it should read "the rest of 2015". I am set on my current setup for the rest of 2015. I have used it for month and a half now and since Tenergy 05 prices have gone up and I have 4 spare sheets, it is going to be pretty hard to change to the alternative for a year.

... Famous last words... Just some humour that I thought a lot of us could relate to...

That reminds me. I must update my signature to represent what I am using now...

On topic, there's nothing wrong with knowing the range of blade speeds that are available...

I have tried "a few" blades including some club mates blades that felt like toys to me...
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 1:33pm

You snuck in a post between mine and the post I was replying to.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2015 at 10:47pm
had a great session of ping pong with nextLevel today, afterwhich i have decided to keep using my old timo boll spirit t05 and t64. the setup is a little fast but i think i will be able to adjust to how it plays.
 i also wanted to thank everyone for sharing views and opinions.    
petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2015 at 2:09am
big d - Nice one...

Don't be surprised that your experience with the TB ZLF has enhanced your appreciation for the TB Spirit...

It's a great setup and you've got a good keen training buddy with NextLevel to keep you on point...

Enjoy! ...
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2015 at 4:16am
DHS Hurricane Long 1.....
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2015 at 7:15am
Viscaria for the rest of my life.
vivan4tt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivan4tt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2015 at 12:31pm
5 ply allwood are the best looping blades in terms of feel and feedback. If feeling and good high throw is what you ssek, you can consider many 5 ply blades. Limba is the most common outer ply for loopers, you can consider many blades, the most common composition is limba-limba-ayou-limba-limba and blades of this composition are available in every budget and certainly manufactured by most brands : from the cheap (but very good ones) like Joola K5 or Donic Waldner senso to the expensive ones like a made in Japan Butterfly Korbel or the Nittaku Acoustic. 

You can't go wrong with those blades if you want a good looping blade, this composition is here for decades and has please all kind of loopers. 

Of course many other 5 ply blades are also the "looper's dream", but unless you are more specific, it will be hard to guide you to a more specific 5 ply allwood blade. 

Mizutani sZLC / T05fx / T05fx
Ciprian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciprian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2015 at 2:28pm
TSP Gaia was the best looping blade I've played.
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30
Danzors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danzors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/14/2015 at 5:23pm
Infinity VPS really made me smile when I changed from Kido 7p. HUGE sweetspot, great feeling, solid pace.
Tibhar KJH
Xiom Vega Pro
flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 3:42pm
I think Timo Boll Alc it is the best blade for topspin from both sides...with T05 fh/bh you can blow your opponent but you must have some skills.
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
looneylooper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote looneylooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 10:45pm
And it had to be FL handle right?

Edited by looneylooper - 10/15/2015 at 11:16pm
Avallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 11:09pm
IMHO
vote for Stiga Ebenholz V
great dwell time but powerful
an indonesian tennis table maniac

MY FEEDBACK

big d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 1:41am
is emerald vps good for looping?

petr korbel
fh t05
bh nexy karis m
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 6:05am
Have you tried a Clipper? A great do-it-all blade, with a small price, and certainly a blade loopers love.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 7:04am
I wouldn't call emerald vps v or Clipper as looping blades - I'd reserve that moniker for a 5-ply limba-limba-ayous-limba-limba construction.

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 9:23am
The original Nexy Calix. Huge dwell, flexy, dual impact at its best.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic