Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Low Friction Table is a crap...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Low Friction Table is a crap...
    Posted: 10/18/2015 at 8:50am
LOW FRICTION TABLE IS A CRAP.
The researching group of Japan has proved this recently.
Most of the plastic laminates to cover up on table's top is the low-friction material with very poor dynamic traction beneath 0.2

Should you like the crappy ball bounce, than go and have a play on the slippery plastic covering CoF <0.2

NOTE, PLEASE
Great number of pingpang tables now in general use worldwide producing poor, erratic and wild bounce due to the overly slick playing surface COF<0.2
Such is the latter scientifical findings by the Japanese testing group.

ULTIMATE RESOLUTION BY THE JAPANESE RESEARCHERS.
    --The best playable tables are those producing COF= 0.4 -0.8

GOOD LUCK.

Sponsored Links

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2015 at 9:39am
Can I just sand off the top layer :D

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2015 at 10:06am

They are used at a lot of recreation centers in USA since they are durable.

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 10/18/2015 at 10:07am
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2015 at 10:43am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

ULTIMATE RESOLUTION BY THE JAPANESE RESEARCHERS.
    --The best playable tables are those producing COF= 0.4 -0.8

GOOD LUCK. 

I read the document's conclusion and scanned through the rest of it and was unable to find that conclusion anywhere in the document.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2015 at 2:07pm
http://tabletennista.com/2015/8/gardos-about-the-lcd-table-very-fast-but-balls-are-not-jumping-good-video/

People should remember at the 2015 Euro Asia made-for-tv invitation tournament, they used the prototype DHS glass table with a built-in LCD display - used to display the score and other distracting graphics. It was not well-received by the pros because of the bounce

wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2015 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

If we play on a glass table the ball will not grip anything and it will not catapult itself from the table; the play will be less lively, closer to those concrete tables in parks.
I want paint that the ball can push itself from so spinny balls will bounce off faster and the point will be much livelier.
I understand where igor is coming from. I do not want rubberized table tops; but at least something grippier than polished concrete is not unreasonable to ask. 

I have no problem if Igor prefers relatively high friction tops.  My point is merely that the source he referenced doesn't say what he claims.  
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2016 at 2:07am
ITTF TO REVISE THE LIST OF APPROVED TABLES.

Brazil formal move to exclude all the low-friction and bright glossy pingpang tables from international sport.
This proposal was now enacted by ITTF BoD into a law..
The plastic-coated lowfriction tables COF<0.5 would not be admitted for ITTF events any longer, from 2018 most likely.

This is a mechanical theory of how a low traction playground would wreck the tennis game utterly. The same theory applies to table tennis game.

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/webproj/211_fall_2014/Max_Hesser-Knoll/max_hesserknoll/Slide6.htm

It was recently developed from experiments - the low traction plastic-coated tables would produce a weird and erratical ball bounce to wreck your game utterly.
Brazil researching team now advised that ITTF should take off the veriest slick tables from ITTF approval List.

The low friction plastic laminates (COF 0.2-0.3) is now reported to reduce rallies playing time dramatically which makes very much to the public's vexation and dissatisfaction.
This is the very reason for ITTF to revise the list of sanctioned tables by the end of 2016. Get ready.

Edited by igorponger - 01/17/2016 at 6:59am
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2016 at 3:14am
There are some practice advantages:

The spin stays on the ball so it seems like your opponent is a higher level than actual.

Serves are more difficult to return.

Blocking is more difficult.

Harder to hit so it makes you loop more.

One disadvantage, in my opinion, if you use old balls then it can hurt your game when you play with new balls.

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 01/17/2016 at 3:26am
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2016 at 1:25pm
Does the table manufacturers disclose the friction rating of the table tops? Never actually bought a high end table so not sure if it's in the spec.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Jasonh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jasonh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/17/2016 at 1:55pm
Wanna beat Ma Long?
Find a low fraction table full of dust
There you go
Fly away!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic