FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yinhe PD437 Sanwei Target National

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yinhe PD437 Sanwei Target National
    Posted: 10/19/2015 at 4:57pm
Got the new Yinhe Purple Dragon 437 and a piece of Sanwei Target National rubber from China. The Yinhe PD 437 is a clipper clone, which consists of 7 layers of  wood (limba -ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-limba). I'm surprised with the above average craftmanship from this yinhe blade, it has smooth polished handle (unlike stiga), and a slightly shaved shoulder which is nice to have although I'm gonna shave it more. The new end piece logo on the handle is also a welcoming change from old yinhe blade, it wipes out the cheaply made feeling from the yinhe brand in the past.

Now let's see some picture of the combo.

Notice the Target national rubber has a trapezoid cut instead of any square or multi corner cut.

The sponge itself is porous, but not as porous as any modern tensor. I'd say the pores are medium to small size, which still make it a bit denser comparing to the tensor you can find today.

The surface of the blade said it uses a energy reserve technology and it's designed for the 13 provincial team in the 40+ era.

I've tried to remove the rubber protector, and the rubber surface is close to the tackiness that you can find from a commercial H3 neo. 

Backhand I have a slightly used piece of Donic Baracuda, it should do the work.

My current blades rotation Wink

My PD437 weight 86g, with both fh and bh rubber together, it's 198g, which is quite heavyOuch 

If the combination is good, I might actually invest a new 1.8mm baracuda or 1.7mm airoc astro s to complete this budget setup Sleepy 

I'm going to test this blade out tonight at the club and do a write up afterwards.

Edited by qualizon - 10/20/2015 at 12:52pm
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Sponsored Links

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2015 at 4:57pm
Save for review purpose.

BLADE REVIEW:

The last 7 ply blades that I've tried are the DHS 506+ and the Tibhar Samsonov Pro Black, I'd say this PD437 has harder feeling than the Pro Black and 506+. When I tried the 506+ and Pro Black with hybrid chinese rubber, they both have the feeling of the ball staying in the wood for a while, but so far after one visit to the club with the PD437, I can't say it has the same amount of wood holding the ball feeling, but at the same time the support from the 7 plies are solid, you can be sure this blade will have enough power for the 40+ ball.

More review for the blade to come...

Edited by qualizon - 10/20/2015 at 3:26am
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2015 at 6:15pm
Looks fine, waiting for the review :)
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2015 at 1:06am
RUBBER REVIEW:

The surface is very oily/wet tacky looking, just like what you'd see from a hurricane 3 neo.

The blue sponge, the pores are tiny and quite dense, but still not as hard and dense as a traditional Chinese sponge.

The tail piece from the handle, looks a lot better from the old ones.
Feeling:
The surface is quite tacky, the first time I do warm up drill with it I can definitely feel the ball kinda stay on the rubber for a significant time, I can't just hold the blade and expect the ball to bounce back to the other side of the table. It's not as dead as an unboost H3 neo, once you give it a bit forward movement, you'll feel the liveliness and the effect from the tensor like sponge. I can use my chinese rubber stroke with no problem or adjustment, it plays like a newly boosted H3.

Speed & Spin:
I won't say it's as fast as modern european rubbers, but it has a good balance between speed and spin. Let's just say european rubber can't get the same amount of spin from H3 neo, this rubber can't generate the same amount of spin as H3 but is closer than any regular european rubber. The speed is slower than MX-P, but similar to Rasant Power Grip, but with more spin. I haven't played enough to describe the gears from this rubber, it might not have as much gear as the good old H3 neo, but I'd pick it over the new H3-50.

The loop from this rubber has a medium to low arc, unlike traditional chinese rubber, you can expect the bounce from a loop to jump to certain height and go towards you instead of keep dropping and shooting forward like H3 neo.

Sound:
The sound from hitting the ball is very metallic, crisp and loud. It's exactly like the sound when you boost your hurricane right. 

Edited by qualizon - 10/20/2015 at 1:10am
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2015 at 6:10am
The pd437 is a lot faster than the regular clipper however the samsonov force pro feels harder. I was surprised with the speed.of the 437 because when I combined it with a red ckylin blue sponge it had a long, medium high arc with fast speed speed.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2015 at 11:32am
Nice report, thanks qualizon!
How strong was the boost effect? Did you feel the need to further boost the rubber?
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2015 at 11:35am
I might have a slightly different opinion on the Samsonov force pro black (SFPB) because I was using a boosted H8 as forehand, and the feeling was very "meaty" and has a bit more dwell time. It might be a result from the rubber though.

I like the PD437 + target national a lot even though they are not any high end product. The craftmanship on the PD437 is better than Stiga Clipper these days IMHO, and I'd rather keep PD437 in my collection. I might order two more Target National and try it on Timo Boll ALC and possibly my N656 also, it'll be interesting to see how well this rubber pair with mid and high end blades.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2015 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Nice report, thanks qualizon!
How strong was the boost effect? Did you feel the need to further boost the rubber?

I definitely smell something from the rubber, and I don't feel any need to further boost it. Comparing to the Haifu whale 3 that I had before, which I completely feel I need further boosting, this Target national rubber is ready to rock out of the box. I'd be interested to see how long can this rubber last. I also like this rubber more than the Big Dipper which I've tried a few months ago, Big Dipper doesn't impress me as much as this Target national rubber, which I've put the Big Dipper aside after one trial. For this Target rubber, I like it enough to dedicate it on the PD437 and possibly to buy another one to try it on a separate blade Embarrassed

Please note that when I test it, I pair it with an all wood 7 ply, I'd recommend trying it with similar construction or blade with carbon to achieve similar result.

Edited by qualizon - 10/20/2015 at 11:44am
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2015 at 11:55am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

Please note that when I test it, I pair it with an all wood 7 ply, I'd recommend trying it with similar construction or blade with carbon to achieve similar result.

Thanks qualizon! I actually ordered one and I am planning to test it on a BTY Schlager light. Another blade I have sitting here waiting to test is a YinHe VIS-A I got in a trade from PPH.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 6:21am
How is this combo for RPB and the new 40+ ball?
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 11:36am
No problem with RPB however I'd prefer it is a little thinner on the overall thickness, I might try to put on a 1.7 or 1.9mm rubber on backhand. Right now I have a max on the backhand. I also feel that the rpb small stroke swing is not as smooth as my other main blade, that might due to the overall thickness of the blade too although they have similar weight.

And the combo plays well with 40+ ball, I use 3 stars 40+ from xushaofa, butterfly and stiga optima at the club.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 2:27am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

The pd437 is a lot faster than the regular clipper however the samsonov force pro feels harder. I was surprised with the speed.of the 437 because when I combined it with a red ckylin blue sponge it had a long, medium high arc with fast speed speed.

I was reading something interesting about this rubber from a chinese forum, some early tester of this rubber were saying the ball keep dropping below the net and they need to brush the ball more and adjust it when they loop the ball over, and they were using some alc blade. And often they feel lack of power/support.

Now combining what yogi bear was saying, the medium high arc comment from the blade, and the dropping below the net comment from early tester, it seems to make sense for me to see a low to medium arc when I pair this rubber with the PD437.

As a summary, it seems like this rubber might need a blade that has enough power and support in order to shine. I'm going to play with this blade more on Saturday Smile
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
winsk127 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winsk127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 6:36am
I would like to know about the characteristic of PD437 when compare with clipper CR, please.
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 11:50am
I don't have the clipper CR, you can send one to me and I'll compare :-P
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
winsk127 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winsk127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2015 at 12:44pm
Whoa, LOL
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2015 at 1:19am
Trying the combo for a second week, and below is the conclusion:

Rubber texture: it remain tacky, doesn't lose any tackiness at all. The surface is also more durable than haifu whale 3 (the fancy packaged version), it won't get scratched or oxidized easily. So far the rubber still looks very new.

Rubber behavior: i can use my chinese rubber stroke because of the tackiness, strong brushing can pick up the ball, but you'll get a better result if you hit the ball more than brushing it. Or if you hit first, and then use your wrist to do a finishing brush.

Blade and rubber combo behavior: it remains low and med throw, I have a feeling that this rubber needs a flex blade so that it can compensate the low throw characteristics. Or may be the blade needs a higher throw rubber, I'll need to get another rubber for comparison.

Looping: I think the rubber lacks some gears from traditional Chinese rubber, maybe it's because of its relatively soft sponge. And the softness of the sponge makes it very easy to let the ball engage the power from the blade, which means, you blade needs to have enough support from the plies in order to produce a quality loop with this rubber.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2015 at 6:35pm
I got a couple of these each. Don't remember the distinction but two are more walnut.

All are heavy. 93 to 96. The one I tried felt great though. I'm going to keep it.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2015 at 5:56am
Cole. Would you sell the 93g one ;) to a repeated buyer of the past?

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2015 at 12:35pm
Mark has first dibbs

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2015 at 1:21pm
This is a good blade, I still keep it in my rotation and don't want to put it down. I might put a TG2 on it for a authentic Chinese setup ;-)
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 11:58am
The blonder wood ones (as pictured above) are the 437 and the darker walnut-ish ones (both 96g) are 537 models.

I haven't tried a 537 yet.  Mark took the 437

mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 12:16pm
I would offer to review the 437 but a player who plays with IQUL (on his spare) for 30 minutes without realizing he picked up the spare instead of his main blade with Tenergy 05 obviously has no sense of feel.

Sometimes I feel like a food critic who can only write "It tastes like chicken" no matter what he tries.  The good part is I can eat SPAM (big dipper on a Matrix) and easily imagine I am eating Prime Rib (Tenergy 80 on a Viscaria).  Sure saves a few dollars.

Mark - The Galloping Gourmet of TT

Edited by mjamja - 11/24/2015 at 12:25pm
winsk127 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winsk127 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 11:47pm
Where can I get PD537 ? 

Clipper construction with walnut outer like Yasaka extra special, Nittaku barwell with a cheaper prices.

It's sound like an interesting one.   
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 12:08am
I have two of them

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2015 at 10:37pm
I tried a sheet of target I got from eacheng. I thought it seemed like a million similar rubbers. The target print on the sponge was very reminiscent of Palio. The texture and packaging were to.

qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2015 at 1:56am
After roughly a month, I take off the target national and try to put it on another blade, and the sponge shrink and curl inward.

I have to put one layer of booster oil to make it flat again.
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2015 at 4:56pm
Qualizon,  How does the Target National compared to versions of H3 you used.  Long or short answer is ok.  
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2015 at 1:59am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Qualizon,  How does the Target National compared to versions of H3 you used.  Long or short answer is ok.  

How stiff is the pd437 and how thick is?
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2015 at 12:01pm

Stickness/Tackiness:   Target National = H3 Commercial > H3 Prov > H3 Nat

Sponge hardness: it feels like you boost a 38 degree H3, and it doens't have that much gears due to the softness and lower density on the sponge

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2015 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

How stiff is the pd437 and how thick is?

Just remembering to measure.

I haven't tried the 537.  The 437 doesn't strike me as stiff at all, especially looking at the construction.

I don't have calipers so I'm just going by eye on a ruler.  I'd say the 437 is actually thicker at 7mm exactly.  The 537 maybe a hair under at 6.5 or 6.6mm?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic