Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheap/Budget Yinhe/Galaxy blades compared

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aNo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote aNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap/Budget Yinhe/Galaxy blades compared
    Posted: 10/28/2015 at 8:54am
At my college we have a table and a bunch of old, crummy bats played by a bunch of casuals and beginners. Anyway, I volunteered to get a bunch of new bats which has given me a chance to test some cheap Yinhe/Galaxy blades. They’re 5-ply all wood, amazing quality considering the cost $12-23 each. Mostly played with Dawei xp 2008, Cream Transcend, 729 General (Batwings), Mercury II

N-9: Fast, stiff, hard but linear and some casuals love it for the ease of smashing. In fact, they pretty much live for smashes. One of the most popular blades on TTDB. Otherwise, cheap ($12) but not great for beginners. 88g, 6.5mm thick.

N-10: Rated All+, fairly friendly, ok at everything. 80g, 6.2mm. $13.

N-11: Rated All, pretty similar to N-10 but slightly darker outer ply. 80g, 6.0mm, $13.

Earth.1 / E-1: Koto outer ply, simliar to Stiga OC, 5.8mm, Off-, 80g, $22

Earth.3 / E-3: Loved this blade - limba outer, probably fast All+, great feel, 81g, 5.8mm, $22

I’ll compare them and include a PG7 and Stiga OC which I have also played with.

Speed: N-9 > PG7 > Earth.1 > OC > Earth.3 > N-10 > N-11

Control: Earth.3 > N-11 > N-10 > OC > Earth.1 > PG7 > N-9

Flex/Dwell-stiffness: OC > Earth.3 > Earth.1 > N-11 > N-10 > PG7 > N-9

Soft to hard: Earth.3 > PG7 > N-11 > N-10 > Earth.1 > OC > N-9

Feel/Vibration: Earth.3 > OC > PG7 > Earth.1 > N-11 > N-10 > N-9

For loopers: Earth.3 > Earth.1 > OC > PG7 > N-11 > N-10 > N-9

For Casuals: N-11 > N-10 > Earth.3 > OC > Earth.1 > PG7 > N-9

I really liked both Earth blades. The E-1 felt like a better, faster OC. But the E-3 was even nicer, slower but the feel was amazing with the limba top, and more dwell. E-1 for a touch more speed and harder, crisper feel. I have heard someone say the E-1 is halfway between a YE and a YEO. Earth series is a great series with choose your own top ply. I hear the Earth.3 is popular in china. 

N-11/10 makes a good basic blade for casuals - its ALL, easy to play, just not great at anything in particular. I’ve noticed you can get a N-10 with Cream Transcend on Aliexpress for cheap for anyone considering a ‘pre made’.

Some questions: 

- I wonder how the Earth.3 compares to other classic, more expensive 5 ply limba blades: Korbel, Primorac, Infinity, Powerwood, BT555, Aria etc. and to other recommended classic cheap galaxy looper blades: W-6, 896. Could be a new beginner recommendation. 

- Likewise, Earth.1 to HK, HH3, Fuga, P500

- I wonder if those who like expensive, hard 5 plys (YEO, RWV etc) whether they would like the $12 N-9

Have you played with those blades? Similar experiences? Got the earth blades and can compare them to similar, more expensive counterparts?

Edited by aNo - 10/28/2015 at 9:18am
Sponsored Links

cje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 3:10pm
thanks for this.

I share your positive comments regarding the Earth 3 blade-seems a very good quality blade and plays nicely.

I've had one for 2 months (switched from YEO) & have enjoyed playing with it.

A real bargain I'd say

Edited by cje - 10/28/2015 at 3:55pm
http://www.murrayfieldtt.com/

YEO/ Galaxy E-3/ FH: Skyline III Neo / BH: Palio HK 1997
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 4:07pm
Thanks for the reviews.

I really like the Palio rubbers for my more casual friends as it isn't a typical tacky Chinese rubber. Just lasts much longer if taken care of. Just my 2¢
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
victorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/28/2015 at 9:24pm
does anyone know which online store is selling the E-3 blade in Australia or US?I tried seraching but couldn't find one..
aNo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 1:02am
No local stores selling it but you can get off eBay for around $26 AUD or from Aliexpress at similar price.
Took about 2-3 weeks to get to Sydney from China.
siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by victorm victorm wrote:

does anyone know which online store is selling the E-3 blade in Australia or US?I tried seraching but couldn't find one..

Hi , Eacheng.net  $19 + shipping.
Siesta Key
W968
Omega Tour 7 i
victorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2015 at 11:04pm
Thanks aNo and Siestakey!

sneakysidespin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneakysidespin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2015 at 4:52pm
I've heard that there is much love for the Earth.3 I too wonder how it compares to the W-6? I love my W-6 but wouldn't mind adding another yinhe looping blade to the list. A shame no one stocks it locally in Australia I would be more inclined to buy one.

@aNo could you comment on the N9s looping capabilities? The reviews on ttdb make me want to try it. Cheers :)
Yinhe W-6
FH:Omega V Pro
BH:Joola MaxxP

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2015 at 8:40pm
The e3 is very easy to loop with and it feels like an offensive classic minus the vibration
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
aNo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2015 at 6:39am
Originally posted by sneakysidespin sneakysidespin wrote:

I've heard that there is much love for the Earth.3 I too wonder how it compares to the W-6? I love my W-6 but wouldn't mind adding another yinhe looping blade to the list. A shame no one stocks it locally in Australia I would be more inclined to buy one.

@aNo could you comment on the N9s looping capabilities? The reviews on ttdb make me want to try it. Cheers :)

This is my take on the N-9 and why its popular on ttdb: #11 by no. of reviews and #15 by no. of users.
The N9 is cheap and probably a simple composition but its fast, linear and stiff with minimal dwell time. So for someone who loves the big kill shots (drives and smashes) its great - a cheap easy way to feel-good hit winners. 

I used it myself in a comp where against lower level players it was just so easy to bludgeon them every time they popped up the ball. But as soon as I hit higher level players, I realised I couldn't lift backspin because there was not enough dwell time, I would push/block long all the time because I couldn't control the speed against better quality opponents. Its not a loopers blade - its too stiff. 

So its great as a cheap, offensive hitters blade but terrible if you want to learn the strokes of the game. That's my take on why there are a lot of people who like a cheap blade with those capabilities. 

My advice: Get the Galaxy E3 / Earth.3 instead. Sacrifice some speed and smashing ability for looping, blocking, pushing and all round control. Or E1 / Earth.1 for a touch more speed and harder feel.

Edited by aNo - 10/31/2015 at 6:41am
sneakysidespin View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneakysidespin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2015 at 3:28am
Thanks for that aNo! It sounds like the E1 might be the direction I was wanting to go with the n9.I wanted a little more hardness and speed than my w6! I might just get the E1 and E3 and see which one I prefer.
Cheers for the info.
Yinhe W-6
FH:Omega V Pro
BH:Joola MaxxP

aNo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2015 at 4:21am
I look forward to your comparison of the Earth series and the W-6!
PierreAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PierreAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2015 at 5:36am
Does any of you know about Yinhe Earth's straight handle ? Are they confortable, thin, thick ? I can't seem to find any picture of them anywhere on the web, only find flared or penhold handles pics. I earn one flared E-3 that I use for fun, very good blade indeed, good feeling, flexy but not too much, and your review makes me want to try the E-1 as well !

Edited by PierreAd - 11/01/2015 at 5:37am
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2015 at 10:55am
Galaxy only makes a straight handle now if you request it, and if you're willing to buy 10.  That's why I only carry straight in my most popular galaxy models these days.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
PierreAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PierreAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 11:58am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Galaxy only makes a straight handle now if you request it, and if you're willing to buy 10.  That's why I only carry straight in my most popular galaxy models these days.

Thanks for the answer ! I've ordered a FL then, since I quite like the shape on those Earth blades.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic