Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What do you think of Federer's form?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zephyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think of Federer's form?
    Posted: 11/11/2015 at 11:35am
Here is the 'can't miss swiss' hitting some forehand smashes. What do you think of his form? Could you beat him? LINK
Sponsored Links

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 3:29pm
LOL...that's funny! Thanks for posting.

I always wondered if I would be able to beat him at TT....after seeing this don't think so...
the guy doesn't miss!

Here is the direct link on youtube: 

Edited by jrscatman - 11/11/2015 at 3:38pm
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 4:01pm
With that forehand, he will beat Djokovic anytime.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 4:46pm
He can miss the table heaps though

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 4:50pm
I guess they didn't think about putting spin on the ball to get him to miss.
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 6:36pm
That commercial was terribly done.

Someone needs to show him how to grip a racket.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
heavyforehand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyforehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 8:50pm
He can grip it just fine. He is a tennis player of course. That is what makes it funny to me. FYI, his tennis grip, or about any pro tennis grip is a lot different than in TT.
Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive (86 grams)

FH : Joola Rhyzm Max

BH : Joola Rhyzm Max

Weight - 186 grams
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2015 at 11:31pm
clearly

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 12:17am
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

Arguably the greatest Tennis player ever, I think you let him hold a racquet any way he wants to hold it!
He might actually be a pretty good TT player as TT is the only sport he allowed to play other than Tennis. 
Butterfly MPS
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 2:38am
Anyway, his swing is ferocious.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Arguably the greatest Tennis player ever, I think you let him hold a racquet any way he wants to hold it!
He might actually be a pretty good TT player as TT is the only sport he allowed to play other than Tennis. 

Novak is so superior that ATP need to change rating system because of Novak's 16790points (16000 was supposed to be a maximum).
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
zephyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 3:53pm
I agree that Djokovic is incredibly dominant right now and untouchable, but it's hard to compare the two players when one is peaking, and one is at the twilight of their career.
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by zephyr zephyr wrote:

I agree that Djokovic is incredibly dominant right now and untouchable, but it's hard to compare the two players when one is peaking, and one is at the twilight of their career.
Very true. Not a big Dojokovic fan, but the first 2 sets he played against Federer in Ausopen this year is the most perfect 2 sets of tennis I've ever seen. Unbelievably good performance from the "Joker"!
Butterfly MPS
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 5:20pm
Please go back to 2004-2007 and watch some peak Federer. I still think it is peak tennis and it might be a while until we see something beyond or even equal to that.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 6:22pm
Nah - I think that Federer makes it look beautiful, but Djokovic is just tennis unchained.

The thing to remember about Federer is that when he was dominating, there were no other strong players around.  Now some people get puzzled by what that means.  In Federer's best years, there was no super strong #2 - Federer was playing lots of different guys in every final.  Nadal started to come up in 2007-2008 and then Djokovic and Murray after 2008.  That's when the 4 great players all arrived and were winning pretty much everything.

Today, Djokovic is playing the same great players who are killing everyone else almost day in day out.  Murray, Federer, Wawrinka and Nadal still win almost everything.  And Djokovic is killing them.  Not beating them, killing them.  Those guys would win if Djokovic wasn't around.  The same way Barkley or Karl Malone and Stockton would have some rings if Jordan wasn't around.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Nah - I think that Federer makes it look beautiful, but Djokovic is just tennis unchained.

The thing to remember about Federer is that when he was dominating, there were no other strong players around.  Now some people get puzzled by what that means.  In Federer's best years, there was no super strong #2 - Federer was playing lots of different guys in every final.  Nadal started to come up in 2007-2008 and then Djokovic and Murray after 2008.  That's when the 4 great players all arrived and were winning pretty much everything.

Today, Djokovic is playing the same great players who are killing everyone else almost day in day out.  Murray, Federer, Wawrinka and Nadal still win almost everything.  And Djokovic is killing them.  Not beating them, killing them.  Those guys would win if Djokovic wasn't around.  The same way Barkley or Karl Malone and Stockton would have some rings if Jordan wasn't around.
So, what years was Federer dominating without a super strong number 2? Nadal leads Federer head to head by a mile, so, I'm not so sure what time frame you are referring to.
who no know go know
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 7:34pm
I think tennis has just entered in a phase where Djok has plenty of clear skys. Fed is older and just cannot compete like he used to - Djok takes the legs away no doubt, like Agassi before but with better serves.

Murray hasn't been much of a challenge historically and continues to be a good matchup for Djok.

Nadal is...done?

Besides that there just isn't much out there. I think the best example of this is how Fed just chews up the rest of the field also. Warwrinka can get white hot, I guess.

I'm not sure if Murray has ever really belonged with the big 4 (big 3 sounds better). He record vs the other 3 is pretty darn poor.

Edited by wilkinru - 02/01/2016 at 7:38pm
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

So, what years was Federer dominating without a super strong number 2? Nadal leads Federer head to head by a mile, so, I'm not so sure what time frame you are referring to.

There was a time between his victory over samprass and the time when Nadal started winning Wimbledon where Fed was the clear fav outside of clay.

Now Djokovic is the favorite on every surface.

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 7:46pm
Some guys like agasi and Roddick were pretty good too. But fed killed those guys that had been champion. Also safin and Hewitt. Were they strong twos?

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 8:11pm
On current form  Djokovic is the best, love watching Federer's backhand
we never know what the future holds, I thought Tiger would have 25 majors by now and Federer would be on the same but who is to know a year from now

back to the original post, Federer misses the table too much and he is doing my biggest hate and wearing a jacket and going out clothes, I hate that lol, would any of us do that for tennis 

Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 9:14pm

Some guys like agasi and Roddick were pretty good too. But fed killed those guys that had been champion. Also safin and Hewitt. Were they strong twos?

How many titles and runner ups did the people you are talking about win? Roddick was probably the most consistent of the three and he didn't even play well enough to ever beat Federer per se.

Agassi was from a different era and is distinguished by his longevity, bit not so much his consistency or peak results.

Edited by NextLevel - 02/01/2016 at 9:15pm
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2016 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

2004-2007.  

I think it requires a big picture and nuanced view to understand what was happening because Nadal wasn't making any finals other than mostly clay court tournaments when he first arrived.  Because Roger was winning everywhere else and mostly meeting Nadal only on clay, that was what started the lopsided head to head in the beginning and it snowballed as Nadal got more all round and became a great player on all surfaces in later in 2008 - 2011.  But before that, Federer was mostly playing Nadal on clay and losing more than his fair share, other than the Wimbledon finals in 2006 and 2007.  While Nadal was a good #2, he wasn't a dominant #2 until maybe 2008 and then he became a dominant #1 for a brief while.  PRetty much, 2008-2014 is the Era of the Big 4, where Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray won pretty much everything in sight with a couple of rude interruptions by Del Potro and Wawrinka and Cilic.

While Nadal I think still has the H-H lead on Federer when you remove clay, many of these happened after 2007. 2008, I believe Djoker won the Australian, Nadal the French and Wimbledon and Federer the US Open.  That was the beginning of having 4 great players as Murray made the US Open Final that year as well.

When I say great players, I mean that they beat just about everyone else but mostly lose to each other if at all.  Right now for example, there are no great players on the women's side other than Serena.  There is no one consistently opposing her in finals - her opponents change all the time.  On the men's side, it is the same guys over and over.  So if the other guys were not around, one of them would just be winning everything. And the fact that Djokovic is winning even with all these good players is a plus for him.

Edited by NextLevel - 02/01/2016 at 9:31pm
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2016 at 1:28am
It's hard to imagine, but many of those guys were considered world class talents as juniors and had big ambitions. Murray and Djokovic were already noting each other as comp when they were kids. So if the other didn't exist, it would just have been them - it's not like they became competitive only in adulthood.

Federer has a very appealing style to watch. But there were too many players losing to each other below him and that can't be because of his greatness. Looking at Serena's career shows the difference between playing with other great players even if only for a period of time (Venus, Henin) and then having none. Or looking at Evert and Navratilova or Graf and Seles. Would Graf have 22 majors if Seles had never been stabbed?

It matters who your peers are.

Edited by NextLevel - 02/02/2016 at 1:35am
Cybershape Carbon
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2016 at 12:38pm
I love watching Federer play, however I have to say Djokovic has raised tennis to another level. If he wins the "Golden Slam" this year - the term "GOAT" might have to be associated with him. It should be noted Djokovic has not yet won the French open - took Federer quite a while to win this trophy.  
Butterfly MPS
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2016 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Novak is so superior that ATP need to change rating system because of Novak's 16790points (16000 was supposed to be a maximum).

Well, Novak has 16950 ATP points now.Clap
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic