Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Neo National Hurricane 3(Tuned by factory)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ttwater View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttwater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neo National Hurricane 3(Tuned by factory)
    Posted: 11/12/2015 at 7:53am
Neo has a layer in the bottom handled by the factory, which means the sponge has been chemically expanded to make it easily use.Powerful "NEO" sponge and Hurricane 3 rubber with special glutinosity could create stable and high-speed ARC, improve the scoring ability of players. NEO Hurricane 3 has a high speed and low fast loop, changeful ARC, stronger spin.  This rubber only made for China national team.

Sponsored Links

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 11:16am
just curious - how did you get a hold of it and a philosophical question - why would DHS need to dress the pkg if it is only made for the CNT?
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 11:54am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

just curious - how did you get a hold of it and a philosophical question - why would DHS need to dress the pkg if it is only made for the CNT?

National version is very bouncy very flat arc and smell funny very diffrent from comercial
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 6:05pm
I don't know but I seriously doubt national team rubber is factory tuned, because I believe each player is likely to have his own tuning methods.  Or perhaps a coach does it for several players a certain way.

I seriously doubt they're using factory tuning with plastic blocking off the sponge
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 6:40pm
I never bought into the idea of being able to buy a National rubber commercially. Something is wrong with this picture.
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 7:43pm
the OP doesn't own this rubber, look at the picture, he just copied it from prott.cc

I don't actually see the usefulness of this thread, it's not like the national neo hurricane is new. It has been out there for so long, people who believes it and have a way to get it will get it. People who have doubts will not, simple as that.

N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

the OP doesn't own this rubber, look at the picture, he just copied it from prott.cc

I don't actually see the usefulness of this thread, it's not like the national neo hurricane is new. It has been out there for so long, people who believes it and have a way to get it will get it. People who have doubts will not, simple as that.

All I'm saying is there is NO generic National rubber. They are made to a player's specs, so how will you know what you're buying each time ?  Doesn't make sense if you want your play to be consistent.

MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

All I'm saying is there is NO generic National rubber. They are made to a player's specs, so how will you know what you're buying each time ?  Doesn't make sense if you want your play to be consistent.

Sorry but that's actually not quite correct. There IS a generic national rubber. Only the main players and the sub-main players, ie. Yan An, get custom made rubbers. The rest on the CNT get the "generic" national rubbers. And no, nobody from even the provincial team upwards uses the "tuning" that comes with the Neo sponges. The generic sponges come in the package shown by the OP, but the custom ones don't. The custom ones don't even have the tuning layer that is present on all the packaged Neos. 
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 8:46pm
Ok, but why would they(DHS) put National rubbers in a package like regular rubbers ? How would one get National rubbers to sell in such mass quantities ?

Edited by jt99sf - 11/12/2015 at 8:52pm

schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/2015 at 8:47pm
I'd like to take a second and clear this up since I keep seeing this misinformation everywhere.

DHS NEO rubbers ARE NOT "factory tuned" at any level, commercial/provincial/national/or beyond.  NEO is just a different sponge from the previous classic versions.

Something got lost in translation when they were talking about the layer of glue that comes with the NEO rubbers' sponge.  There was a thread on another forum I remember reading somewhere that was a Q&A about the NEO rubbers on their release with a DHS representative.  It was confirmed several years ago that they do not come "tuned;" the layer of glue is simply there for convenience if you want to just apply wbg to your blade and slap the rubber on as is.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2015 at 6:59pm

new guy, trying to start a conversation.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2015 at 12:34am
yep. been seeing a bunch of misinformation lately. listen to the vets.

summary of answers to most frequently asked questions about hurricane:

1. mass market commercially sold nationals are fake (in general).
this includes "special dealers" and non-pro player connections regardless of what country they're from.  
2. hurricane neo tuning layer is an adhesive layer that protects the sponge when boosting. (yes, neo is designed for boosting though it's playable without it. you don't need to remove this layer and you don't need to add an additional wbg layer before boosting)

3. hurricane neo is not simply #20 - you're thinking haifu. ineo is the final product that was commercialized based on the development path of orange sponge #18 - #20. while the difference is minimal to #20, it's not the same. this is expected since it's the beta version immediate to neo orange. neo blue branched off from #20 - #22. 

4. generic neo nationals are the standard neo national that CNT and pro players outside CHN may usethese show up for sale maybe once a year or longer. (if you're talking about the competing representatives for CHN i.e. ma long et. al., they have custom versions according to the players' preferences. not discussed further since buying able to obtain one actually used by the player is like catching the ball at a ball game - or catching ma lin's rubber when he tosses it to the crowd) 

6. sealed green pkg orange neo provincials are your best bet to playing rubbers similar to what current CHN pros use. the white and h8-style purple pkg are "original/speed-glue era" type. why orange sponge? the standard supply provided to CNT and provincial pro players are orange sponge 38-40 deg in black. 37 deg, blue sponge, and red topsheet are all custom produced for players e.g. a girl used black SP and needs a red h3. with the latest limitations imposed on how many pcs each player can receive for a given time period, and everyone using blue sponge typically using them themselves, chances of buying authentic blue sponge neo are about as rare as 37 deg h3 neo for sale.

7. provincial players typically play 38 deg the stronger players (level or physical) will often use 39. national team typically use 39/40. if you think that's soft, it's not that too soft when you're vs other 2600+ looping hard at you. for anyone who's had to try returning those, it's hard to bite the ball hence the usable hardness is based on that consideration, not how hard you can smash a practice ball.

8. other options: nittaku square cut hurricane neo are most similar in overall quality to the dhs neo provincial - they're not nationals with the dhs label removed just bc they're square! the sponge is mfg with slightly adjusted specs to be somewhat like euro/japanese sponges. it's good if you're looking for reliable quality, a bit more bounce and slightly softer feel. it uses the commercial topsheet.

9. differences between neo provincial and commercial: beyond better consistency, rubber quality (elasticity, topsheet less reliant on tackiness for grip), you may not feel a dramatic difference beyond the commercial version if you don't boost. after breaking in, a commercial may play just fine for you. the main difference between the provincial and commercial is the greater quality of the rubber retains boosting expansion effect much longer with a stronger effect.  

10. is hurricane better than tenergy since CNT uses it? (not discussing properties) it's standard issue for CHN pro players. they grow up with it, are used to it, and believe it is the best for fh. many pros who move outside of CHN after awhile and have limited access to authentic hurricane switch to vega pro or tenergy. some consider it better than hurricane while others are of the opposite opinion. it more depends on how you play and personal preference than any set rule that one is better than the other. 
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2015 at 7:39am
Nice explanation. Thanks. I also wondered why there are no TG3 pro or Nittaku version available even if commercial version is pretty consistent in quality.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by ttwater ttwater wrote:

Neo has a layer in the bottom handled by the factory, which means the sponge has been chemically expanded to make it easily use.Powerful "NEO" sponge and Hurricane 3 rubber with special glutinosity could create stable and high-speed ARC, improve the scoring ability of players. NEO Hurricane 3 has a high speed and low fast loop, changeful ARC, stronger spin.  This rubber only made for China national team.

guys I need help with the DHS serial code verification sticker :  got an orange sponge Neo National with the front cover looking like above from TT11.  It is in a vacuum sealed plastic enclosure.  From the outside I cannot see the serial code sticker.  Does this thing have one and where is it?  I would like to know this before I cut the plastic.  Thank you.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 6:14pm
@tom: I am in the process of testing the H3 Neo Nat'l orange rubber for TT11. The sticker is inside: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_-f_mjWa9s 

Edited by patrickhrdlicka - 09/08/2017 at 6:15pm
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

@tom: I am in the process of testing the H3 Neo Nat'l orange rubber for TT11. The sticker is inside: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_-f_mjWa9s 

thanks. have a good weekend.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

yep. been seeing a bunch of misinformation lately. listen to the vets.

summary of answers to most frequently asked questions about hurricane:

1. mass market commercially sold nationals are fake (in general).
this includes "special dealers" and non-pro player connections regardless of what country they're from.  
2. hurricane neo tuning layer is an adhesive layer that protects the sponge when boosting. (yes, neo is designed for boosting though it's playable without it. you don't need to remove this layer and you don't need to add an additional wbg layer before boosting)

3. hurricane neo is not simply #20 - you're thinking haifu. ineo is the final product that was commercialized based on the development path of orange sponge #18 - #20. while the difference is minimal to #20, it's not the same. this is expected since it's the beta version immediate to neo orange. neo blue branched off from #20 - #22. 

4. generic neo nationals are the standard neo national that CNT and pro players outside CHN may usethese show up for sale maybe once a year or longer. (if you're talking about the competing representatives for CHN i.e. ma long et. al., they have custom versions according to the players' preferences. not discussed further since buying able to obtain one actually used by the player is like catching the ball at a ball game - or catching ma lin's rubber when he tosses it to the crowd) 

6. sealed green pkg orange neo provincials are your best bet to playing rubbers similar to what current CHN pros use. the white and h8-style purple pkg are "original/speed-glue era" type. why orange sponge? the standard supply provided to CNT and provincial pro players are orange sponge 38-40 deg in black. 37 deg, blue sponge, and red topsheet are all custom produced for players e.g. a girl used black SP and needs a red h3. with the latest limitations imposed on how many pcs each player can receive for a given time period, and everyone using blue sponge typically using them themselves, chances of buying authentic blue sponge neo are about as rare as 37 deg h3 neo for sale.

7. provincial players typically play 38 deg the stronger players (level or physical) will often use 39. national team typically use 39/40. if you think that's soft, it's not that too soft when you're vs other 2600+ looping hard at you. for anyone who's had to try returning those, it's hard to bite the ball hence the usable hardness is based on that consideration, not how hard you can smash a practice ball.

8. other options: nittaku square cut hurricane neo are most similar in overall quality to the dhs neo provincial - they're not nationals with the dhs label removed just bc they're square! the sponge is mfg with slightly adjusted specs to be somewhat like euro/japanese sponges. it's good if you're looking for reliable quality, a bit more bounce and slightly softer feel. it uses the commercial topsheet.

9. differences between neo provincial and commercial: beyond better consistency, rubber quality (elasticity, topsheet less reliant on tackiness for grip), you may not feel a dramatic difference beyond the commercial version if you don't boost. after breaking in, a commercial may play just fine for you. the main difference between the provincial and commercial is the greater quality of the rubber retains boosting expansion effect much longer with a stronger effect.  

10. is hurricane better than tenergy since CNT uses it? (not discussing properties) it's standard issue for CHN pro players. they grow up with it, are used to it, and believe it is the best for fh. many pros who move outside of CHN after awhile and have limited access to authentic hurricane switch to vega pro or tenergy. some consider it better than hurricane while others are of the opposite opinion. it more depends on how you play and personal preference than any set rule that one is better than the other. 

I almost wonder if this should be a sticky.

This is the best compendium of Hurricane Answers I've seen in one place!
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2017 at 1:02pm
What's about this one. guys?
https://world.tmall.com/item/552224981202.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4011-11198570488.39.6f1cbbceNGne4f&id=552224981202&rn=2e301dc5ccbfa3f00936f0ec798a8854&abbucket=6

It's from "Double Happiness official flagship store" on tmall. Unlike taobao where there are a lot of fake items, I heard that tmall is where official stores and famous retailers sell genuine stuff.
yuri.saldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuri.saldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2017 at 1:29pm
Do you guys know if exist a blue sponge H3 no national or provincial?
Something like a commercial blue sponge in chinese market? But original made by DHS
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 12:21pm
No, blue sponge doesn't exist for commercial Hurricane 3 neo. Only provincial and national have the blue sponge version.< id="_npfido" ="applicationpfido" height="0">
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

6. sealed green pkg orange neo provincials are your best bet to playing rubbers similar to what current CHN pros use. the white and h8-style purple pkg are "original/speed-glue era" type. 

The white and purple pkg hurricanes, are they worse than NEO in any way, if I boost them myself?
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 2:42pm
it's a different sponge, it does not react as well to booster.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 2:44pm
it's a different sponge, it does not react as well to booster.
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 3:36pm
Slightly off topic but has anyone tried boosting a 39 degrees provincial neo hurricane 3? I'm thinking about it but posts seem to always recommend boosting harder sponges (so I guess 40 and above) for fear of making the rubber too soft.

Also, everyone seems to recommend two or three layers of Falco Temp Long. Has anyone ever tried just one?

Thanks
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by iamj8 iamj8 wrote:

Slightly off topic but has anyone tried boosting a 39 degrees provincial neo hurricane 3? I'm thinking about it but posts seem to always recommend boosting harder sponges (so I guess 40 and above) for fear of making the rubber too soft.

Also, everyone seems to recommend two or three layers of Falco Temp Long. Has anyone ever tried just one?

Thanks

I haven't tuned my H3N 39 degrees yet but I have recently used 2 layers of FTL on H3 B/S and 3 layers on H3 Prov O/S both 39 degrees .  As far as I am concerned not anywhere near too soft.

Edited by tom - 09/17/2017 at 10:11am
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 5:53pm
I had a guy email me with a Dhs price list. Some of his special versions are over $100 wholesale. But free shipping over 1000 so...

He said every piece can be verified on the Dhs website by code.

Edited by cole_ely - 09/16/2017 at 5:55pm
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2017 at 4:38am
Interesting discussion going on here.

About a year ago, we had our equipment tester Patrick evaluate the Hurricane 3 rubber family, and we've just updated the article with a review of the National version. You can read it here.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic