Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short pip with less spin than 802

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short pip with less spin than 802
    Posted: 11/17/2015 at 1:01pm

Hi i ve been wondering if there is a short pips with the same control as 802? but little less spin not so to the edge as spectol  something all round like 802,moristo sp but little less spin low throw. what pip has more knuckle effect or more spin/ challenger attack or 802?.its tricky to find quality sponge for short pip cpen.
regards
Sponsored Links

TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 1:11pm
I play SP cpen and use only Yasaka Xtend P.O., by far the best SP I´ve ever tried.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 1:12pm
802-1 has a little more space between the pips
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 1:12pm
one cheap option that plays well is galaxy pluto

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

I think you have  802-1 topsheets. i will get your sponges. how is the lemon sponge or something that can replace ther quatro dawei sponge in 2.0 or 1.8?
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2015 at 2:15pm
Andro Blowfish+ in 1.8 mm, not 2.0.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2015 at 9:38am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

I think you have  802-1 topsheets. i will get your sponges. how is the lemon sponge or something that can replace ther quatro dawei sponge in 2.0 or 1.8?

Generally the lemon sponges are the ones with the most air. Easiest to sink the ball into compared to the others.  Even in 38 hardness, it's less dense than the red or white sponges.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 4:25pm

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Generally the lemon sponges are the ones with the most air. Easiest to sink the ball into compared to the others.  Even in 38 hardness, it's less dense than the red or white sponges.

i once played with an ultra soft lemon sponge on 802-40 and it was very dampening..do you have it in 38 deg/1.8mm? how is the price? but i would like the quatro orange 35deg.

acudadave blowfish+ is very unstable

Edited by bbkon - 11/20/2015 at 4:25pm
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2015 at 9:09pm
I recently started using the 889 short pip which has a considerably more knuckle-ball effect on flat hits and seems to be grippier than Spectol.  It has a softer feel to it compared to the 802, with narrower pips arranged vertically.  I can punch with it well on my backhand, although I primarily chop off the table - but it sounds like it may fit the bill for you too.

889 was originally a Globe rubber, but I'm using the JUIC 889 Neo version at the moment.  Should be similar.
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2015 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

I recently started using the 889 short pip which has a considerably more knuckle-ball effect on flat hits and seems to be grippier than Spectol.  It has a softer feel to it compared to the 802, with narrower pips arranged vertically.  I can punch with it well on my backhand, although I primarily chop off the table - but it sounds like it may fit the bill for you too.

889 was originally a Globe rubber, but I'm using the JUIC 889 Neo version at the moment.  Should be similar.

I tried 889 with soft sponge but it was strange maybe due to the red topsheet but i think the neo version has better quality topsheet.are you sure that is grippier than spectol speed?
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2015 at 4:06pm
Yes, i switched from spectol to 889 (mine is red too) and there is more grip with the 889 when dragging a ball across the pips or doing the spin/bounce test. I suspect it is because the 889 topsheet is softer than spectol's.

Dynasty / H3 / H3
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 8:49pm

Yes, i switched from spectol to 889 (mine is red too) and there is more grip with the 889 when dragging a ball across the pips or doing the spin/bounce test. I suspect it is because the 889 topsheet is softer than spectol's.

how do you compare both rubbers in terms of control/knuckle? is 889 the juic version? hard sponge?
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 10:36pm
Yes it is the juic version. There is more knuckle with 889 than spectol and it has just enough grip to prevent it from slipping against high spin shots on punches and blocks. It does not bite as well as spectol against backspin though. Overall i feel i have better control with 889 than with spectol, but less spin manipulation. Sponge is about the same as original spectol.

Dynasty / H3 / H3
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 10:56am

Yes it is the juic version. There is more knuckle with 889 than spectol and it has just enough grip to prevent it from slipping against high spin shots on punches and blocks. It does not bite as well as spectol against backspin though. Overall i feel i have better control with 889 than with spectol, but less spin manipulation. Sponge is about the same as original spectol.

The downside is that neo is obsolete and could be ilegal tomorrow.do you know any other sp that play like 889? better if its non chinese

Edited by bbkon - 11/24/2015 at 10:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic