Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My super tacky rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My super tacky rubber
    Posted: 12/31/2015 at 5:57pm
I don't know it is just the rubber or it is because of the ball, my Hurricane 8 can hold the new Butterly G40+ for about 40 seconds. That has to be the tackiest rubber I've ever played with. Video proof provided, of course (please forgive my childishness). Happy new year everyone!Hug
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
Sponsored Links

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2015 at 6:11pm
that Wang Liqin stuff. 

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2016 at 5:46am
Did you put or treat something on it? I played 3 sheets of H8. I did not feel it that tacky. Less than H3.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2016 at 8:39am
My H8 is very tacky, as much as mine H2, as many others I have, but using them with the new ball gives me no advantage at all. Exactly the opposite , although Thor's isn't that bad at all.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2016 at 2:20am
Also my h8 is very tacky and definitely  tackier than h3  ... and the black one looks more tackier then the red one.
see video ...

Custom carbon/aramid off FH DHS H8 BH DHS TG 3-60
Custom carbon off++ FH DHS TG2 BS BH DHS TG3-60 National

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2016 at 2:33am

I have recently played with H8 vs the 40 Cell ball. I feel it gives me better control than a not so tacky on my 4H.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2016 at 10:37am
That's pretty darn tacky for being off a bounce and not pushing down on the ball from the table.

As much as I love tacky rubbers, maintaining that level of tackiness is dang near impossible.

I did have a buddy let me use a few sprays from his Kinetix table tennis cleaner. It brought a really old shoot of Globe 999 of mine back to life restoring the tackiness for a few days for sure. It's the best rubber cleaner for tacky rubbers I've ever seen. Unfortunately, it's either out of production and cannot be purchased anywhere from what I've seen?

Anybody have some products very similar to this they have experienced in being great for restoring tackiness?

FYI - I have spinmax and while it's nice, I think Kinetix worked better IMO.

Edited by suds79 - 01/02/2016 at 10:38am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2016 at 11:08am
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

Did you put or treat something on it? I played 3 sheets of H8. I did not feel it that tacky. Less than H3.
I put a very thin layer of baby oil on the top sheet and then wipe the surface with lightly wet micro fiber. That's all.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2016 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Bobpuls Bobpuls wrote:

Also my h8 is very tacky and definitely  tackier than h3  ... and the black one looks more tackier then the red one.
see video ...

whats the composition of that blade though? did you make it yourself ?

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2016 at 11:27am
Originally posted by The soul of rock The soul of rock wrote:

Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

I put a very thin layer of baby oil on the top sheet and then wipe the surface with lightly wet micro fiber. That's all.
In my experience, baby oil does indeed make rubbers tackier and grippier.
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2016 at 6:41pm
Few drops of beer does miracle. Even my T64 and T05 become tacky...
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 7:41am
What's so good about the rubber being that tacky? I've never used Neo Hurricane 8, but do you lose any power, compared to NH3, if the rubber is so tacky?
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 7:49am
I have heard wd-40 is like a rubber rejuvenator

:)
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 9:42am
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

What's so good about the rubber being that tacky? I've never used Neo Hurricane 8, but do you lose any power, compared to NH3, if the rubber is so tacky?
It's the near perfect rubber for close to the table game when you need more spin and control. It's less sensitive to incoming spin so a bit easier for the short gameas well, including over the table flicks.
Viscaria FL
-------
My feedback
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 7:02pm
With the old ball I had lots of fun playing with tacky rubbers, but with the new one I see only disadvantages
Bobpuls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobpuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2016 at 6:18am
Both of the blades i made by my self .
The first one is:  Wenge, aramid/carbon  , balsa , aramid/carbon  , wenge  OFF
And the second one is: Boire, birch , carbon , balsa , aramid/carbon  , birch , koto  OFF+

I found thet H8 ise wery good with aramid/carbon .

Custom carbon/aramid off FH DHS H8 BH DHS TG 3-60
Custom carbon off++ FH DHS TG2 BS BH DHS TG3-60 National

Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2017 at 7:43pm
No way that is a plastic ball unless the rubber is coated in drying syrup
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 12:01am
The black sheets are almost always considerably tackier than the red one. It also varies form batch to batch, some batches are a lot tackier than others.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic