Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ma Long vs Zhang Jike (Chinese Trials 2016)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
cje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ma Long vs Zhang Jike (Chinese Trials 2016)
    Posted: 01/09/2016 at 8:50am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZkDqPb3IHU

Edited by cje - 01/09/2016 at 1:08pm
http://www.murrayfieldtt.com/

YEO/ Galaxy E-3/ FH: Skyline III Neo / BH: Palio HK 1997
Sponsored Links

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 9:29am
thank you
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 11:00am
thanks. Been waiting for this
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 11:13am
Love the camera angle from close but just to the side of the table.  Thanks for posting.
cje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 1:08pm

how can people fall asleep during such high quality games...!

https://twitter.com/MurrayfieldTTC/status/684782199711907840

http://www.murrayfieldtt.com/

YEO/ Galaxy E-3/ FH: Skyline III Neo / BH: Palio HK 1997
kenboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 1:55pm
Great vid. Thank you.
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 2:13pm
ZJK is a god If he plays his best noone can beat him. This is ticket to rio 2016. Also his backhand is just ridiculous. So spinny so precise just the best.

Edited by AgReZz - 01/09/2016 at 2:15pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 3:06pm
Where is zeio? Waiting for some Kutchen rumors from him. 

ZJK looked really good in these trials. Like a hellish beast unleashed from Satan to saw horror in the hearts of the mortals. 
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 3:16pm

=======================================
=======================================
# MA Long Vs ZHANG Jike (original = highlights from Stiga / re-edited)

Edited by janus700 - 01/11/2016 at 9:50am
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 4:04pm
7 games of 3500- level, and all we get is 4 mins and 6 seconds. What the hell was more important that putting the whole match? Whoever edited that... one day im gona find you and give you a piece of my mind
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2016 at 10:25pm
All those girls in the audience are ZJK's fans. No wonder that ML lost. 
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

ZJK looked really good in these trials. Like a hellish beast unleashed from Satan to saw horror in the hearts of the mortals. 

Well, until you see Xu Xin play Zhang Jike in these trials...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 12:55am
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Xu Xin? Who is Xu Xin? Never heard of a Xu Xin.. Tell me something he has won, and maybe i will remember who it was
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 1:14am

Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Xu Xin? Who is Xu Xin? Never heard of a Xu Xin.. Tell me something he has won, and maybe i will remember who it was
Very funny. I guess you only recognize world championship singles and olympics. Outside of these, Xu Xin has won plenty as I'm sure you know.

I think the trials match is worth watching. Zhang Jike was in beast mode again against XX, but XX did play rather impressively towards the end of the match when he was able to anticipate ZJK's moves ...

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 1:22am
I watched it yesterday. ZJK looked in control, even up to the middle of game 6, when XX streaked several crazy super-wide shots a-la-MaLin. He ran against the statistical odds there, and that frustrated ZJK, and later he gave up and didn't even finish the match fighting. XX did take the right decision to start those risky shots though. Last time they played he didn't need to, because ZJK made so many unforced errors. But this time XX was getting dominated through the middle of the table and took his chances with the wide shots and won. Good for him, but seriously, nobody can rely on always winning with this kind of shots. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 1:45am
http://tabletennista.com/2016/1/ma-long-zhang-jike-get-liu-guoliangs-attention-in-the-squad-trials/

Meanwhile, after three victorious rounds, Zhang Jike scored 3-5 against Xu Xin (12-10, 8-11, 8-11, 11-6, 11-4, 4-11, 5-11, 3-11). Despite defeat, there was no criticisms from the head coach. 

“Overall, the match was played well but the first part was better than the last. Zhang Jike led in 3-2 but after that, he lost three straight sets. It affected his energy, stamina and attention.” Liu Guoliang stressed that in a particular stage in the competition, an athlete should not just overcome his opponent but more of himself. 

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 2:23am
I thought the trials were closed off to outside audience, how did ZJK sneak in his all female entourage?
Zhaoyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zhaoyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 7:33am
ZJK's thighs are getting bigger again.
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 11:06am

Edited by piligrim - 01/10/2016 at 11:06am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 11:07am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 11:08am
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 11:18am
An interesting feature of this camera angle is that serves are very clearly not hidden.
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

I thought the trials were closed off to outside audience, how did ZJK sneak in his all female entourage?
to be fair, just only the ZJK's fans working at the mass media bother to show up LOLLOLLOL

Anyway, did someone notice that Liu sat at the Zjk vs FZh match whole time?

Edited by Egghead - 01/10/2016 at 12:48pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 3:16pm
man that ML vs ZJK match, i haven't seen ZJK play so hard in awhile
ducmthai View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ducmthai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 10:33pm
ML didn't give his best, this is an emotionless match. Let's wait for their next encounter and see if ZJK is fully recover.
Fidelio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2016 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by ducmthai ducmthai wrote:

ML didn't give his best, this is an emotionless match. Let's wait for their next encounter and see if ZJK is fully recover.

I'm a big Ma Long fan, and I thought he played pretty darn well (based on the short highlights we have).  Maybe he wasn't as close to his absolute best as Zhang Jike was, but this was far from a poor performance from Ma Long.
ducmthai View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ducmthai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2016 at 12:21am
I didn't mean ML performed poor either :)
He seemed to have less motivation so he didn't play his best

sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2016 at 4:01am
Originally posted by ducmthai ducmthai wrote:

I didn't mean ML performed poor either :)
He seemed to have less motivation so he didn't play his best

I think in theory when both players are on and uninjured, Zhang Jike has a better game than Ma Long. Will have to look for the full video, but Zhang Jike has achieved supremacy in table control against everyone (so far) in the 2016 team trials. 

But Ma Long is on more often than Zhang Jike. When ZJK is off, he misses a lot, people blitz balls past him. He looks lost. When ML is off, he still plays pretty damn amazing; i.e. he is still very difficult to beat.

Serve: ZJK is more tricky; he gets pop-ups against everyone. ML has to work the rally more.

Backhand: ZJK has a more efficient and compact backhand than ML, whose backhand stroke is larger. ZJK can re-direct the ball and there is less "tell".

Forehand: ZLK has a larger forehand. It's more spinny than ML's and he lets the ball drop a bit more. Technically, I guess it should be more reliable. When he doesn't miss, the spin makes it difficult for all but the very best to generate offense, assuming they manage to anticipate where he is going correctly. ML can do it when he is on. And Xu Xin probably gambles more than anyone on this at the risk of leaving big gaps.

Looking at it this way, it's no wonder Fan Zhendong has trouble with ZJK.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2016 at 4:38am
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

to be fair, just only the ZJK's fans working at the mass media bother to show up LOLLOLLOL

Anyway, did someone notice that Liu sat at the Zjk vs FZh match whole time?

Liu?

LGL or LSW?
janus700 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janus700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2016 at 9:32am
My previous post updated!!
http://www.youtube.com/Janus770 & https://www.facebook.com/TTJanus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic