Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rating of joo se hyuk blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rating of joo se hyuk blade
    Posted: 01/25/2016 at 4:28pm
Hi all, please I am looking for some answers from people who have played with the butterfly joo se hyuk blade. As we all know it is a defensive blade, BUT on the head we can all see the MEDIUM in the red box. So I think that it is blade for defensive players because its playing characteristics help the defenders in their moves, but the real speed of the blade is off- (medium is some occasions that butterfly rates it), right?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2016 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Hi all, please I am looking for some answers from people who have played with the butterfly joo se hyuk blade. As we all know it is a defensive blade, BUT on the head we can all see the MEDIUM in the red box. So I think that it is blade for defensive players because its playing characteristics help the defenders in their moves, but the real speed of the blade is off- (medium is some occasions that butterfly rates it), right?

Yes.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Madridwalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madridwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2016 at 5:02pm
I play joo sae hyuk. I had and have 3 blades jsh. 93g 97g and 104g. Jsh is blade about all+ but is stiff and hard. Modern alternative for defencr II. I play 2 years this blade and is the best but i am searching defence 2 now becouse is probably better. I reccomend this blade.
PS Sorry if you dont understand but my english isnt the best :)
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2016 at 5:06pm
I have one too. The speed is better than ALL+. I don't know what ALL+ blade has that speed. It is OFF-, and with good FH rubber your FH will not handicapped in any way by the blade. 
The blade is stiff, yes, but not hard. It feels soft to me. The dwell time that I feel on Rhyzm with that blade is incredible. This is really a great blade for anyone, not just a defender, and is underrated and overlooked. It is so stable that you don't need carbon to remove vibration.
Tabmini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tabmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2016 at 10:44pm
Stiff and hard one for DEF blade. It could be rated as OFF- in term of speed. A lil bit faster than Defence II and a step faster than Matsushita pro alpha which rated as ALL+ blade.
My feedback :
mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77680&PID=959859󪕳
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2016 at 11:51pm
I have 2 Joo Saehyuk blades. They both (of course) feel very similar but one plays like it's All+ and the other plays like an Off-. So expect it to play in that range of speed.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2016 at 12:39am
The "defensive" label certainly refers to style, not speed. I would also rate it off-, or even off.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2016 at 2:32pm
Thank you ALL guys for your suggestions and personal opinions. You really helped me a lot! Thank you again!

P.S. Madridwalker your english is perfect. Don't worry, I got everything you've told me.
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2016 at 2:42pm
And one more question please guys. As I see in all photos of this blade in google I can see the name of the player on the "head" as: Joo Se Hyuk, but in the new catalogue of the butterfly it is written as Joo SaeHyuk, so my question is, Does the new JSH blades (with the new metal logo on the bottom of the handle), write the name of the player Joo SAE Hyuk, and the previous models (with the previous metal logo) write Joo SE Hyuk?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2016 at 10:47am
Any answers? Anyone?
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Derf59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derf59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2016 at 11:15am
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

And one more question please guys. As I see in all photos of this blade in google I can see the name of the player on the "head" as: Joo Se Hyuk, but in the new catalogue of the butterfly it is written as Joo SaeHyuk, so my question is, Does the new JSH blades (with the new metal logo on the bottom of the handle), write the name of the player Joo SAE Hyuk, and the previous models (with the previous metal logo) write Joo SE Hyuk?
Yes the name has changed since the ITTF writes correctly the name of Joo Saehyuk.

In english version of wikipedia, 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joo_Sae-hyuk

In french version of wikipedia
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joo_Se-hyuk

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic