Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peter Korbel - For Looping?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
amitmnagarwal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amitmnagarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peter Korbel - For Looping?
    Posted: 07/29/2006 at 10:43pm

Hi ,

Last week i bought the Stiga Tube Carbo. It is a very nice blade.

However it is not suiting my style of play , i.e. having more dwell time on the ball.

Tube is very fast blade and the ball just catapults from the blade giving less time to loop.

It is very good for smashing though.

So I am looking for something which has more dwell time like the Peter Korbel which i think is good for looping and spinning the ball.

I just wanted to confirm the same from the users of Peter Korbel.

I wanted to know its speed and control also. Will i be able to lift a deep chop by topspinning it.

Any other Off category blade?

Thanks

Amit Agarwal

Blade : Michael Maze
FH : T05 max
BH : R47
Sponsored Links

mola_samas View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mola_samas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2006 at 10:55pm
Its an OFF blade tha I would say its Off-, but its very good. by far most popular blade at Brazil.

You can spin very well with it, but to put speed I would sugest speed glued rubbers or some tensor ones.
Lefthanded Japanese Penholder

Blade:KWS Nervosity 10mm
Rubber: Mark V AD
Jon2378 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon2378 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2006 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by amitmnagarwal amitmnagarwal wrote:

I wanted to know its speed and control also. Will i be able to lift a deep chop by topspinning it.

i personally use korbel, its very good, but i agree that you will strugle with power if you don't speed glue or use a tensor

in regards to "will i be able to lift a deep chop by topspinning it" , well you could with a premade, it doesn't depend on the equipment, but the player

some equipment is easier for that, but with any equipment you should be able to, after you adjust to it

but yeh, korbel is great, if you don't glue/use a tensor i'd go for a faster blade, like clipper, or perhaps a carbon one
pingpong1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2006 at 11:16pm

some says it's off- I would say it's a prefect off.

and it's a little more stiff than normal. so it would be a little bit harder to spin the ball than e.g. stiga oc.

SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2006 at 11:46pm

The Petr Korbel is a good looping blade.  I agree it lacks some speed, but with heavier rubbers the speed is fine.  I saw more of a problem with it's speed when I was using light and soft sponged rubbers in the range of 35-36.  Great control.  THe weight is in the late 80s around 86-89 grams but that to me surprised me since it felt light in my hand and in play since the weight is spread out throughout the handle and blade.    It also has some good amount of vibration.  And the rounded handle is a decent size and not too small.  The one weird thing aI saw with the blade, is that some of my friends Korbels actually turned  different shades of brown to yellow.  Some turned a darker yellow  and some turned into a darker brown.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2006 at 11:46pm

The Petr Korbel is a good looping blade.  I agree it lacks some speed, but with heavier rubbers the speed is fine.  I saw more of a problem with it's speed when I was using light and soft sponged rubbers in the range of 35-36.  Great control.  THe weight is in the late 80s around 86-89 grams but that to me surprised me since it felt light in my hand and in play since the weight is spread out throughout the handle and blade.    It also has some good amount of vibration.  And the rounded handle is a decent size and not too small.  The one weird thing aI saw with the blade, is that some of my friends Korbels actually turned  different shades of brown to yellow.  Some turned a darker yellow  and some turned into a darker brown.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic