Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

jun mizutani zlc vs timo boll spirit review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jun mizutani zlc vs timo boll spirit review
    Posted: 02/10/2016 at 6:19pm
i hope  i'm not bothering u but i need a detailed comparisonal review between jun mizutani zlc and tbs for a close friend of mine who need an urgent advice because he will sell his tbs fl and want to buy mj zlc (not super) and he didnot find any review for this blade on table tennis db

so kindly can anyone who played with these 2 blade gave me a comparison between both as regard every aspect of the play i.e speed -spin-stiff-feel-bounce-throw angle .... etc

thankx in advance
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Sponsored Links

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2016 at 6:50pm
TTDB reviews are here: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/butterfly-jun-mizutani.html
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/10/2016 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Tell him to keep his tbs and forget about mj. Mj is better to have fun but tbs is better to win.

That would be my advice too for what little it is worth.
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 12:34am
I guess it really depends whether he likes the harder feeling of the ZLC or not. MJ probably will give you faster speed but from the experience with MJ SZLC is that ZLC is way less forgiving than ALC
CraneStyle View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2016 at 3:28am
I really think your friend should wait until he/ she has enough money to buy a MJ ZLC whilst keeping the TBS...

That way they'll be able to make a personalised comparison...

I like the touch, range of speed and the looping feel of MJ's ZLC, but it could be an acquired taste...
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

I really think your friend should wait until he/ she has enough money to buy a MJ ZLC whilst keeping the TBS...

That way they'll be able to make a personalised comparison...

I like the touch, range of speed and the looping feel of MJ's ZLC, but it could be an acquired taste...

Mr Crane, have you used TB ALC and can you compare it with MJ ZLC? I recently got mine and I felt it has a lot of vibration and the feeling of strokes is ... how to put it ... a bit weak and shaky and not as solid as my YEO and HL5 blades. I don't know yet if I like this feeling or not as I have only played with it for half an hour. Also which rubbers have you tried with MJ ZLC, maybe it's not good with MX-P and EL-S rubbers which I'm using on mine.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2017 at 9:52pm
Hey unstopabl3, the MJZLC is a direct feeling blade, TBALC haS a more muted feel...

Most references are dependent on what you have come from...

I have never used MXP or ELS. I have used MJZLC with most Tenergy rubbers. Butterfly fanboy style...

FH: T05 - Best spin, but find hard feel lacks feedback I like on loops; will always give it return visit...
       T80 - Nice feel in all departments and very reliable at all speeds...
       T64 - Best feel and control on loops at various speeds; could go back to it...
       T05FX - Feels great and works, but gets non-linear on powerful shots and blows long...
       T25FX - Great touch game, generate a hot ball with effort,
                      return to any of the above after this and you're a beast

BH: Best results with T05FX, T80FX...
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 6:32am

Hey unstopabl3, the MJZLC is a direct feeling blade, TBALC haS a more muted feel...

I have never used MXP or ELS. I have used MJZLC with most Tenergy rubbers. Butterfly fanboy style...

FH: T05 - Best spin, but find hard feel lacks feedback I like on loops; will always give it return visit...
       T05FX - Feels great and works, but gets non-linear on powerful shots and blows long...

So it's safe to assume that you like vibrations and feedback from the blade that's why you like MJZLC right? I've played with Viscaria and it's very muted, played with TB ALC for a little while and it's not as muted and Viscaria but not as much vibrations as a MJZLC and it felt more solid to me than MJZLC.

What kind of BH game do you have? Are you a looper, a blocker or an attacker with your BH?

I mostly block, push and sometimes smash the ball with full BH arm swing to win points. I've tried tenergy 05 on FH and 80 on BH of my HL5 blade and felt that T05 was too bouncy and sensitive to incoming spin and 80 to be a very consistent rubber but lacking the speed and felt quite soft. Therefore, I was thinking of trying tenergy 64 on my FH as well as BH, do you think I will like it?

Thanks
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 8:34am
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

So it's safe to assume that you like vibrations and feedback from the blade that's why you like MJZLC right? I've played with Viscaria and it's very muted, played with TB ALC for a little while and it's not as muted and Viscaria but not as much vibrations as a MJZLC and it felt more solid to me than MJZLC.

What kind of BH game do you have? Are you a looper, a blocker or an attacker with your BH?

I mostly block, push and sometimes smash the ball with full BH arm swing to win points. I've tried tenergy 05 on FH and 80 on BH of my HL5 blade and felt that T05 was too bouncy and sensitive to incoming spin and 80 to be a very consistent rubber but lacking the speed and felt quite soft. Therefore, I was thinking of trying tenergy 64 on my FH as well as BH, do you think I will like it?

Thanks

unstoppabl3...

Yes, I do prefer a hard feeling blade, not sure if it translates to vibrations by some opinions...

As I improve, I am very much about ball position contact on blade, feedback and feel, so my rubber choice reflects this...

My BH is an evolving active spin game, with the aim of off the bounce countering with banana flick and active serve return where I can. Of course pushing and touching is present, but I'm working on a more active attacking strategy...

I really rate T64 on FH because it loops proportional to the feel in your hand. A pleasent linear soft feel with reserve power. I would recommend it. Do slow loops with it, then increase the speed with same technique to understand how good it is...

To be honest, I have been on a merrygorond with BH rubbers as I improve and search for Nirvana...

One of the best blocking and smash ripping BH rubber is T25FX. Safe in the over the table push and blocking game but it's there if you go for winners...

Edited by CraneStyle - 02/24/2017 at 8:37am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 4:02pm

Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Thanks

unstoppabl3...

Yes, I do prefer a hard feeling blade, not sure if it translates to vibrations by some opinions...

As I improve, I am very much about ball position contact on blade, feedback and feel, so my rubber choice reflects this...

My BH is an evolving active spin game, with the aim of off the bounce countering with banana flick and active serve return where I can. Of course pushing and touching is present, but I'm working on a more active attacking strategy...

I really rate T64 on FH because it loops proportional to the feel in your hand. A pleasent linear soft feel with reserve power. I would recommend it. Do slow loops with it, then increase the speed with same technique to understand how good it is...

To be honest, I have been on a merrygorond with BH rubbers as I improve and search for Nirvana...

One of the best blocking and smash ripping BH rubber is T25FX. Safe in the over the table push and blocking game but it's there if you go for winners...

I felt that tenergy 80 was too soft and slow so I think 80FX would be even softer and slower right? What about tenergy 05FX, how is it compared to tenergy 05 especially in bounce and sensitivity to incoming spin departments?

Thanks for all your insight, keep it coming :D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CraneStyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2017 at 11:08pm
To me T80 is not slow; just has good slow gears...

It may be hard to believe but T80FX does not feel like you would expect compared to T05FX...

T05FX - You can feel the ball sink in to the sponge on shots and is a very accommodating BH rubber. It is less sensitive
              to spin than T05. However, Tenergy rubbers typically reward active play and dominating the spin on the ball.
              I have alternated between T05FX and T80 on BH a few times and T05FX is easier to play with, but
              It still produces a hot ball if required.

T80FX - Feels harder than T05FX, which may be hard to believe but it does. I have tried to understand this and have
              decided that the bigger pips of the T05(FX) top sheet must depress the FX sponge more actively than the
              narrowerT80(FX) pips. A very connected feeling rubber and not slow at all. However, I can't switch between
              T80FX and T05FX, after getting used to T80FX. T80FX is a more demanding direct rubber without the T05FX
              dwell, so the T80FX timing is really different and when you get in tune with it is a very very good all round. I tried
              it out of curiosity and it has really impressed me how it feels and plays...

Hey, you blade comparison thread has evolved into a rubber comparison thread...

I'll get off my rambling soapbox now. Sure some other players can share there opinions too...

Enjoy!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic