Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

zeropong’s J-pen’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rascal king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rascal king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zeropong’s J-pen’s
    Posted: 07/31/2006 at 8:29pm
Hey,

On zeropong.com I am going to buy a J-pen. I was wondering that for looping or for really any type of offensive style what is better, the Tension Hinoki or the LKT ONE. thanks
Sponsored Links

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 10:20pm
I believe all three Jpen blades (LTK ONE, Glass Power, and Tension Hinoki) they carry are good for hitting and topspin. I tried Glass Power for two weeks recently and I found it lacking the touch and feel for short ball control while it did allow me to hit with more power from the mid distance. I also had some trouble to loop consistently with it. No much feedback from the blade. Now I've gone back to use a 1-ply Hinoki Jpen now.
CEO, Single Ply Hinoki Club
TSP Dynam 10.5mm
and other fine 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blades
pimpmyracket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 10:29pm
I played around with the LKT One, it's got lots of power but is pretty heavy, hard to RPB with it. But I'm a shakehand, so I can't give any more insight on the blade since I can't even loop properly with it. I just have it to fool around with. Probably woulda been wiser to fiddle with a Chinese penhold blade.
pimpmyracket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 10:31pm
Ignore my comment about it being hard to RPB with, since maybe a real penholder player wouldn't have trouble. But it weighs around 90g, despite being marked at 77g.
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 10:50pm
unless you are 2600 do not buy hte tension hinoki carbon thing, its stupid fast, 10mm or more thickness plus two carbon and two hinoki thats insane, my friend plays with schlager carbon cs, and thinks its much faster than his sc with same rubbers, I like the ONE, its very fast but has really nice feel. Im not a jap pen player but I have one or two lying around because I can get them for free and they are absoulty beautiful

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rascal king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 10:53pm
ttman, how do u get them free?
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 10:57pm
the guy at zeropong sends me all his new stuff and certain things to try out like the new focus II ect.. some times I ask for a few things to test and he ususally says yes I guess you could consider it a semi-sponsorship

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rascal king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 11:14pm
that is so awesome why can't I get that
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2006 at 11:24pm
well look at the number of posts I have  Thats one of the reasons, he knows im active online, two I think im top 25 for my age group
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 1:51am
I dont mean to hijack the the thread but whatd you think of the focus II? and then I heard the focus III is nothing like I and II. whats with that?
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 1:54am
oh and about the LKT ONE.Iv played with it a lot and I could never really get use to the power. Its crazy fast. not for the ams.

as for the others.

I really dislike the whole "tension" gimmick because it adds a lot of vibrations!

cork at the cork. just sounds....ewwww.
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 5:50am
TTman, just for my curiosity, what does "Borko Conic" signifies ? Is it printed on the blade ?
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 9:47am
conic is the handle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic