Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New TSP Spinpips Red+Blue, Spectol Red+Blue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New TSP Spinpips Red+Blue, Spectol Red+Blue
    Posted: 02/25/2016 at 3:45pm
http://tsp-yamato.com/tsp/product/rubber/?c=rubber_2

Interested in the Spinpips variations, according to their ratings, speed increases by almost 5 points while still managing to keep the same spin rating.

According to the translation, they are using a new type of dynamic tension technology.

All sheets are listed at a suggested price of 4200 JPY ~ $38 US
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
Sponsored Links

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2016 at 5:24pm
Nice any one know the difference bw blue and red?
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2016 at 5:42pm
From what I've seen on the TSP site,

Red has a softer Sponge for both Spectol and Spinpips, but has higher speed. (I always thought harder meant more speed)

The Red has 40 +/- 3 hardness, and Blue has 43 +/- 3 hardness
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 1:24pm
Uh oh, according to TSP's website it looks like they have been pushed back to Feb 2017!

And I was going to japan next month too argg
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2016 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

Nice any one know the difference bw blue and red?

The shapeof the pips red is more pyramidal than cylindrical   
Blue is more straight

http://blog.tts-takahashi.com/images/TSP_Spectol_pimple_check.jpg

Edited by bbkon - 10/12/2016 at 8:51pm
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2017 at 1:52pm
Just got my new sheet of Spectol Red. Will post my full review after I've had a couple of hitting sessions with it. I did find it interesting that it had BZ 44 printed on the backside. So I'm assuming it's 44 degs

Edited by suds79 - 01/26/2017 at 1:56pm
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2017 at 11:18pm
And here we are a year later:

Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
flarestorm 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flarestorm 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2017 at 9:28pm
Did you try the spin pips red already? How is it compared to other short pips? Thanks
Gergely 21

Tenergy 85FX

TSP Spector Red
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2017 at 10:53am
I haven't hit with it yet, just glued it on this morning. Compared to a sheet of super spinpips 21, the sponge is bouncier and a tad harder too. The pip spacing and shape are almost identical, but the textures on the top of the pips are much gripper on the spinpips red.

Spinning it on my racket it looks like this may be the spinniest pip I've tried. Could mean that it may be affected by opponent's spin moreso. Will need to test at the table
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
suds79 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suds79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2017 at 12:08am
I tried spectol Red and loved that sponge & speed. It's just so powerful & fast it's just crazy so be prepared.

But man did I hate, and i mean hate the spectol topsheet. That is the most classic/non-spiny pips I've ever tried by far. Far more of a classic pips even compared to 802. Given all the new speed from the sponge and the lack of spin, I couldn't handle it.

But this.... SuperSpin pips in that same sponge? Oh yeah. I'm ordering some of this.

I'll report back my findings in time.
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2017 at 6:27pm
I've used my pips setup a few times in the last week or so, It's a Galaxy T2S penhold with Super Spinpips Red MAX on forehand. Acuda Blue P2 on backhand.

The speed of the rubber is great already, but combined with the fast blade, it is a speed machine. I was able to hit a few wide balls that were sent to my forehand, with such a direct speed and trajectory even my opponent was shocked. 

Traditional penhold blocks with the pips side were especially good, I was working with another player who plays medium pips on his backhand. I was able to block back his medium pips backhand smashes with a small technique adjustment that even he was surprised as his backhand is especially nasty.

I have yet to serve well with the pips though, as I'm still doing too many inverted type serves at the moment, but overall the block and smash game has been coming along quite nicely.
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 7:32pm
Any updates on Spinpips Red or Blue?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Any updates on Spinpips Red or Blue?
I regret to buy a SP Red. It played great in the first month, than decreased significantly. 
Worse, the sponge dried completely. Last time I removed it from blade I lost it. It ripped everywhere.
It is a strange sponge, very thick (I use max) but very light, not porous and dense like Tenergy sponge, for example. I liked it a lot when it was new, catapult effect was great with typical spin of Spinpips. But when reglued a couple of times it didn´t show the same speed anymore.
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 9:06pm
I've been using the same sheet of TSP Spinpips RED max for several months and it's still looking and playing as new. I attached it with a glue sheet so no issues with moving it from blade to blade.
BBC, SP, LP
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 7:12am
Nathanso,

you are obviously happy with it? How does it compare with spectol red?

Edited by mog1111 - 04/12/2018 at 7:13am
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 2:22pm

Nathanso,

you are obviously happy with it? How does it compare with spectol red?

forget red play with spectol blue
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 2:45pm
My sheet of spinpips red tore a little on the sponge after regluing but I haven't noticed huge changes in performance though
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 5:45pm
so I have been experimenting with Waran in 1.8mm, but it is a bit fast so I ordered some spinpis blue in 1.5 which I hope might be a bit more controlled ai allround play.

bbkon are you using spectol blue now?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 6:29pm

so I have been experimenting with Waran in 1.8mm, but it is a bit fast so I ordered some spinpis blue in 1.5 which I hope might be a bit more controlled ai allround play.

bbkon are you using spectol blue now?

no but i m thinking about getting a new sheet near future
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 6:34pm
bbkon tbh I just thought I would try spinpips as that is what my dealer had in stock, as im new to short pips it prob wont make much difference to me
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2018 at 11:21pm

bbkon tbh I just thought I would try spinpips as that is what my dealer had in stock, as im new to short pips it prob wont make much difference to me

you only can buy tsp? not any other brand? maybe you need to try victas 102 1.8mm

Edited by bbkon - 04/12/2018 at 11:22pm
Bilbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bilbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

you only can buy tsp? not any other brand? maybe you need to try victas 102 1.8mm

Vo102 definitely the best modern transition short pips I’ve played with.
Stiga Optimum Sync
FH: Victas VO>103
BH: der Materialspezialist Breakout 2.0
Lefty
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic