FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Question for Tanpan users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
superloop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for Tanpan users
    Posted: 08/01/2006 at 12:23am

Hello...superloop is back again.

From the first time I played with my Darker Tanpan, I knew that the single-ply hinoki blade somehow had a different feel from all of the other multi-ply blades that I have used before.  The control on soft shots was amazing and the explosive speed on power shots was unexpected.  I have been playing with it for over a month and I am now getting used to this amazing blade.

My question is for other Tanpan users...Have you tried any of the other single-ply hinoki blades like the Butterfly Cypress Pro, the Juic Hinoki, etc?  I was wondering how the Darker blade compared to some of the others.  I love my Tanpan but I was thinking about getting one or more of the others just to compare them with the Tanpan.

superloop

Sponsored Links

SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 12:58am

The only single ply I have used for over a month was with the Juic.  The others I've only borrowed for about 3 weeks.  It is one of the softer feeling single plys out of the 3 compared to the Darker Tanpan (Darker, Armstrong and Juic).  If you want something softer, then get the Juic Kiso Hinoki Shake and if you want something Harder feeling then get the Armstrong Kasuterian.  All of then are relatively cheaper than the Darker so it won't hurt your wallet.  I haven't tried the Kokutaku at at it's current price I may never   LOL

To me they were all pretty fast since they were all heavy in my eyes.  I'm used to blades that are 85-87 grams and then I went to something that heavy was kinda different.  So for me I couldn't tell.  But what I could tell is that the Darker had a good blend of control and speed and feel.

The handles on the Darker is one of the better ones out of those three I've tried.  Darker just makes the handles just right for my hands even the FL which I usually don't like.   

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
Harold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 1:52am
I've got a BTY Cypress. 9mm, 91g. That's the only one I've got, so wouldn't be able to compare with the others. But guess what, if the shop's within reach now, I would buy another one. I mean it's a great blade - just great.
pingpongist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 4:55am
Hi all... Hi superloop...

Here is a bit of info from me...

I contacted IRUIRU for some info regarding ARMSTRONG Kasuterian.

Kasuterian is 1-ply Kiso Hinoki blade. The thickness is 8mm and the weight ranges between 85-95g. Being an 8mm thick blade instead of 9mm as the Tanpan is, it is most likely less powerful than Tanpan. I gues this is probably one of the reasons for Kasuterian being almost half the price of Tanpan. The quality of the wood of Kasuterian might be slightly harder compared to Tanpan. At least that is my impression after reading the valuable info submitted by rf20 in another thread. The comment from SDRamones above assures me that is the case.

All I know about JUIC Kiso Hinoki Shake is that it's weight is usually between 95-105g and it costs 6000YEN (~52USD) at IRUIRU.
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 10:21am
Yo superloop,

I really really love my tanpan too. Want to buy another hinoki and I am already suggest Michinao from iruiru to stock darker speed 90 shakehands.

why don't you all email [email protected] and suggest the same like me?

Right now I really want to try balsa blade. Any suggestions? Sorry OOT...
rf20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rf20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 10:49am
Originally posted by stefanusj stefanusj wrote:

Yo superloop,

I really really love my tanpan too. Want to buy another hinoki and I am already suggest Michinao from iruiru to stock darker speed 90 shakehands.

why don't you all email [email protected] and suggest the same like me?

Right now I really want to try balsa blade. Any suggestions? Sorry OOT...

You can buy SP90 from Taiwan (http://www.tabletennis.com.tw/index_1.htm, click under Wan Hao's picture). This company is a very good company to deal with, but they do not take credit card. You can e-mail them for total cost (blade+shipping), and send in the money order. They also has Speed 70 now as new shipment just in and the cost is around $90 USD. I herad that speed 70 is faster than speed 90, and my speed 70 doest not have the print on the blade like speed 90.

As for balsa blade, you may want to try Kool or Air Carbon. They are as powerful as Schlager Carbon, light, and good contrl.

stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2006 at 11:09am
I've already mailed tabletennis.com.tw. Unfortunately the price of speed 90 shakes is to high for me.

I think the price from iruiru is more reasonable and they have great service.

Tx for your recommendation rf20, I want to try joola kool or joola r*1. Both have balsa wood on the middle of the blades.
pingpongist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2006 at 2:39pm
Hi stefanusj...

What would be your guess for the price of Speed 70 and Speed 90 shakehands at Iruiru? If they decided to sell them, of course...

If the prices of penhold Speed 70 and 90 could be taken as reference, my guess is that the price of both of Speed models at Iruiru could be higher from the price of Tanpan, as it is on the Taiwanese site.

I am also curious - what was Ms/Mrs Suzuki's comment on your suggestion regarding stocking Speed 90?
stefanusj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stefanusj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2006 at 7:20pm
My guess it's around usd 85 to usd 90 or 10000 yen. The taiwan store sell it around usd 100, and the shipping cost is really really high. I live in Indonesia, and the shipping cost should be not that high (they charge me usd 25). That's pretty unreasonable for me, and I think iruiru is the best store and the have the most reasonable price.

Michinao will inform me if they already have it on stock. I also curious about kokutaku single ply hinoki shakehand series. But iruiru didn't have it also.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic