Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Too good to be true?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too good to be true?
    Posted: 03/16/2016 at 8:21am
Tenergy for 30 dollars?

Fake?  Anyone used this website before?

Edited by ri0t1 - 03/16/2016 at 8:21am
Xiom Europe Vegas|FH Tenergy 05|BH:Tenergy 05FX|
Sponsored Links

seahorse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 9:13am
Donic Dicon (JO shape)
F: DNA Platinum M
B: Jekyll & Hyde 52.5
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 9:16am
That site looks too similar to aliexpress, which is well known for fakes. Also, you can find there Tenergy for 15$ or even less. That can't be original.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 9:22am
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 9:22am
Whelp after a bit of searching, these are fake.

http://butterflyonline.com/butterfly-product-authenticity/

Edited by ri0t1 - 03/16/2016 at 9:22am
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 10:21am
I bought a fake tenergy a couple of years back. It doesn't look the same when you open the package. Also it at least it was a normal stiff chinese rubber it would still be worth the money, but that thing had a negative throw, it was the most horrible thing i had glued to a blade.
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

I bought a fake tenergy a couple of years back. It doesn't look the same when you open the package. Also it at least it was a normal stiff chinese rubber it would still be worth the money, but that thing had a negative throw, it was the most horrible thing i had glued to a blade.

I'm looking to get into some tenergy, and am willing to pay the full price. However I am wondering if you by chance know of a site that has them at a lower price?  I'd be going from FH: Donic Acuda P3, BH: Xiom Vega Europe. Where those are both soft rubbers, would I be wrong for thinking T05 fh (maybe T05fx) and T64fx for bh?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 11:53am
There is no company that controls access to their product line more than Btfly.  If it is more than a couple of dollars less than the usual high price, be very suspicious.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

There is no company that controls access to their product line more than Btfly.  If it is more than a couple of dollars less than the usual high price, be very suspicious.

+1
The Older I get, The better I was.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 12:20pm

Sometimes it is too obvious that the product is a fake. A friend had bought a sheet of Tenergy from our coach. The surface looked too shiny for a Tenergy sheet, the logo looked funny, but the funniest thing was that while the package was for a sheet of Tenerfgy 64, the sheet itself had a "Tenergy 05" logo on it........LOL

He did get a refund....
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by carbon136 carbon136 wrote:

That site looks too similar to aliexpress, which is well known for fakes. Also, you can find there Tenergy for 15$ or even less. That can't be original.
All of them get the items from taobao. If you do not mind taking the risks, you can order the items from taobao directly.
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2016 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by ri0t1 ri0t1 wrote:

I'm looking to get into some tenergy, and am willing to pay the full price. However I am wondering if you by chance know of a site that has them at a lower price?  I'd be going from FH: Donic Acuda P3, BH: Xiom Vega Europe. Where those are both soft rubbers, would I be wrong for thinking T05 fh (maybe T05fx) and T64fx for bh?

Try Palio Blitz 42 instead for 30 dollars. You'll thank me later...:-)
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
ri0t1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ri0t1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2016 at 8:43am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by ri0t1 ri0t1 wrote:

Try Palio Blitz 42 instead for 30 dollars. You'll thank me later...:-)

Will look into it JimT, thanks for the tip as always.
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2016 at 9:34am

Check up your rubber genuinety.

Pocket-size adviser, "candid pal" to tell you if the 70 dollar rubber sheet is a genuine Butterfly ptoduct or a fraudulent alteration.
NIR spectroscopy, almighty sniffer to tell you whole truth. [:Yes:]
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2016 at 10:21am

Is it possible, some of these cheap Tenegies are Factory rejects that they wouldn't dare sell at the $70 normal price ?
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2016 at 11:38am

I ve also have seen fake rakza 7 and doenst play as bad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2016 at 11:47am
"Is it possible, some of these cheap Tenegies are Factory rejects that they wouldn't dare sell at the $70 normal price ?"

No. There is a difference between a forgery and a rejected product. The knock offs are made to look like the real thing. And it is a fraudulent practice.

FdT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic