Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Magna vs. New F1 vs. New JO Coppa Gold

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thetuxedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetuxedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magna vs. New F1 vs. New JO Coppa Gold
    Posted: 08/02/2006 at 5:16pm

I am currently using the Stiga Magna on my FH and during the last 2 weeks the spin of it has faded pretty quickly, I clean it regularly with water though during play its topsheet fades pretty fast.

I have been looking for a replacement and the new Donic F1 and JO Coppa Gold really look the "biz" at the moment, and one of them will probably be my replacement as my new FH rubber.

Can anyone really compare the spin and speed of them, mainly the spin, to the magna. Also a view on whether the F1 is better than the JO Gold or vice-versa.

"Arigato"  (P.s. also if anyone has played with a Stiga optimum mp can you describe it against any of these rubbers)

Butterfly Kreanga Carbon ULC:
FH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0
BH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0

Sponsored Links

thetuxedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetuxedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2006 at 6:46am
Bump, oh yeah I don't speed glue as well.

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2006 at 6:57am
haven't tried new f1. tried old f1 though.

spin: F1 > optimum mp > magna > coppa gold
speed: coppa gold >= optimum MP > magna > F1
hardness: Optimum MP >= Magna >= coppa gold >> f1

F1 is better than coppa gold if you like soft rubbers that have a high-ish sort of throw. Coppa gold is far closer to magna.

Potato Face
thetuxedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetuxedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2006 at 7:07am

Is the coppa gold not that spinny then, if I do buy it will my serves and FH loop-drives suffer?

Soft rubbers I like quite a bit, haven't really used one in a while however. 

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2006 at 7:52am
Compared to magna? Yes. Your loop drives will be far quicker. To me, Coppa gold was more like bryce, vstage, etc.
Potato Face
thetuxedo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetuxedo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2006 at 9:17am

Out of the F1 and JO Coppa Gold, which one is able to produce the better "whipped topspin" loops when driving. Basically which one is better at looping, both speedwise and spin-wise.

Sorry about all the questions, I know it may seem tedious but this is quite important to me .

silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2006 at 10:07am
If you use a whipping action, probably F1 as it's softer. I find it easier to do that action with a soft rubber than a more firm one.

For more conventional looping, F1 is easier to control, Coppa gold is faster. Spin will be more on F1 for soft->medium loops, probably more spin on coppa gold for hard loops. I do recall finding F1 fairly easy to bottom out, but I've been leaning towards more firm rubbers lately.

I must say though, I was never a fan of F1 and I didn't quite like Coppa gold that much (my current red max sheet weighs in at just under 50g). I preferred Tango (and variants) as well as Andro stuff over the desto stuff.

Coppa gold is closer to f1 hs i believe.
Potato Face
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic