Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

DHS D40+ to Be Released in April

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Fedex78 Fedex78 wrote:

Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

The best would be a ball with the roundness and durability of the np40+ and the ability to take spin of the dhs 40+, but i fear it's just a dream...

Last thing I want with a ball is to have the durability of the Nittaku NP 40's.....it sucks!   They deform easy, discolor and get glassy smooth quickly.  Their durability is only good for a few matches. 

After beating the heck out of the DHS D40+ ball....it only discolors somewhat......but is much much more durable than the NP40's.  The DHS D40+ balls are also very very round!

you are the first person that i know who complains about the np40+ durability, in my club no one complained... I forget that mileage can vary a lot

I will be second person. I am using NP40+ about last half year and they break a lot. I would say no better durability then XSF but much more expensive. Won't buy it again for sure
Fedex78 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 10:56am
Xsf sports are very good balls, just a bit flying random sometimes...Me too i won't buy the nittaku, no spin is no fun
JP01 FH
Animus MARS7
JP03 BH
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 12:24pm

Xsf sports are very good balls, just a bit flying random sometimes...Me too i won't buy the nittaku, no spin is no fun

At a point, there were some complaints in recent years that XSF had quality control issues and were willing to sell balls that were less round than when they first came out.  That has not seemed to be a problem for any of the other seamless brands, who seem to insist on high levels of roundness for balls they get from the same factory. 
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 1:20pm

haha, are you playing in our clubs? (just kidding)
Few players in our clubs insist on playing with xsf seamless only, even secretly replace the game ball to xsf during the match. They complain that the seamed ball's tone, speed, spin make them very uncomfortable  LOLLOLLOLLOL

Edited by Egghead - 04/19/2017 at 8:31pm
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 2:16pm
At my club Nittaku has been by far the preferred ball but people use XSF also (especially for drills and multiball etc).  We also occasionally see some blue label Yinhe (an excellent seamless ball).

Now everybody who has had a chance to try one has been buying D40+.  Very soon that will be the dominant ball at my club because of its price and because people find it easy to use coming from either the Nittaku or seamless. 

Personally for the last few years I used Nittaku for matches and free play, but used XSF for stuff where I needed a bucket of balls.  (Nittaku has been WAY to expensive to use that way).  But now I can use D40+ in a bucket because of their excellent current price.

To me the Nittaku always seemed "spinnier" in that opponents were more likely to block my loops off the table, whereas XSF seemed to arc more and sink faster and also traveled slower through the air.  Of course, none of those things are actually "spin" per se (angular velocity or angular momentum).

It seems to me that the higher bounce of XSF makes that the one where it is particularly easy to hit right through spin.
Fedex78 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 2:17pm
JP01 FH
Animus MARS7
JP03 BH
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 2:39pm
The ball is terrible like all of the new rubbish elephant balls with the only exception of XSF balls

Edited by ChichoFicho - 04/19/2017 at 2:39pm
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
jfolsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 7:25pm
At my club it's a split between the NP40+ and the XSF seamless. The only real complaint about the Nittaku is the price, if they were the same it would be the overwhelming favorite.

jfolsen
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2017 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by jfolsen jfolsen wrote:

At my club it's a split between the NP40+ and the XSF seamless. The only real complaint about the Nittaku is the price, if they were the same it would be the overwhelming favorite.

jfolsen

The good news for your club is that the D40+ solves that problem.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 12:06am
If we were to replace the XSF seamless in our local tournaments with something noticeably different... I am not sure who would like it. 

One good change would be to stop changing it.
(1) Stiga Cipper Wood (ST, 92 g) with Focus 3 Snipe (red, 2.1 mm, 42 deg) on FH and 0.6mm Dr N. Desperado on BH (2) Juic SBA (Fl, 94 g) with Nimbus Soft (red max) on FH and 0.5mm Curl P1R on BH
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 1:46am
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

If we were to replace the XSF seamless in our local tournaments with something noticeably different... I am not sure who would like it. 

One good change would be to stop changing it.
ya, sound, speed and spin are all different LOL
benfb View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 2:01am
Does anyone here use the new Nittaku Japan training balls?

In our club, people prefer the NP40+ for serious match play but use these other balls for everything else.  We have a lot of the XSF 3  star balls and people use them for practice, but no one ever asks for them for match play.  Right now I'm trying to get people into the D40+, but so far they're reluctant.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 7:50am
I haven't tried those, but the J-top balls are quite good as training balls.

With that said, you can buy D40+ 3-stars from TTNPP for less than Nittaku training balls!  (72 balls for $40).
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 10:06am
I just gave out the balls for free.  After a few people used them, the word of mouth grew and everyone started asking me where to buy them.  THe balls are cheap enough that this is the best approach, though I know some people don't believe in giving out free stuff.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I just gave out the balls for free.  After a few people used them, the word of mouth grew and everyone started asking me where to buy them.  THe balls are cheap enough that this is the best approach, though I know some people don't believe in giving out free stuff.

I have been slowly infiltrating my club by giving out the d40+ balls to guys that have been playing only with the Nittaku NP40 balls.   After they play with it for a match and I explain the cost....first question out of their mouths is WHERE CAN IN GET A BUNCH OF THESE ?  LOL

I have to order a lot now just go keep my stash for service practice and playing. 

To bad USATT is in bed with Nittaku....hope that can change in the future.

Edited by Rich215 - 04/20/2017 at 1:08pm
wilkinru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 2:19pm
I think it's fine USATT is in bed with Nittaku. They likely still make the *best* ball. We just now have a cheaper option that plays nearly the same. It's good that the label of the ball won't be so jarring in the future.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 4:09pm
I know that Westchester TTC and XSF has a deal going of some sort where they use XSF balls in their tournaments. Does anyone know whether or not they are considering switching to the NP40+/D40+ any time soon?
TB ALC ST 84g
2x T05 2.1mm
FS Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

I know that Westchester TTC and XSF has a deal going of some sort where they use XSF balls in their tournaments. Does anyone know whether or not they are considering switching to the NP40+/D40+ any time soon?

I have brought up the topic to Will and if I make it to Westchester this month or I see a coach there at a tournament tomorrow, I will give them a box of balls to test.
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 5:57pm

Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

I have brought up the topic to Will and if I make it to Westchester this month or I see a coach there at a tournament tomorrow, I will give them a box of balls to test.

thank you, that would be great if they make the switch to D40+.
TB ALC ST 84g
2x T05 2.1mm
FS Feedback
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Does anyone here use the new Nittaku Japan training balls?

In our club, people prefer the NP40+ for serious match play but use these other balls for everything else.  We have a lot of the XSF 3  star balls and people use them for practice, but no one ever asks for them for match play.  Right now I'm trying to get people into the D40+, but so far they're reluctant.

We use the J-Star balls for club play and practice, and we use the NP40+ balls for league and tournaments. The J-Star balls play similar to the NP40+ and they don't have any of the roundness issues that I've seen with the XSF balls. Durability is pretty good, similar to the NP40+, but occasionally you will find a J-Star ball with a soft spot that has been dented in. Overall, I think they are a good value, very playable ball.

Edited by ndotson - 04/20/2017 at 6:52pm
Korbel
T05 / Curl P1
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 12:15pm
Kristian Karlsson: "I love it.  It is very consistent."
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
piligrim View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 1:00pm
what difference between D40 and V40?
ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 2:53pm
After playing with this rubbish ball a couple of times, I think it is not that bad for basement ping pong.
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 4:46pm

Can you give me a link of the source?
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 5:43pm
Korea ooen with the D40+ waw the spin is back applause
Viscaria FL
Tibhar Evolution MX-S 2.2 Black FH
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red BH
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2017 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by rickywinataa rickywinataa wrote:

Can you give me a link of the source?

He made the comment in response to Bobrow during the Freitas-Lim match.
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 9:08am
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

After playing with this rubbish ball a couple of times, I think it is not that bad for basement ping pong.

Sounds like you have an inability to change your strokes/touch and or equipment.  You will just have to give up on the loss of spin or change in game because of the new balls. 

But if you only play with the old balls.....no problem.   This may not be your case obviously if you are playing tournaments.  So you have only a few choices here....but the biggest one is to stop complaining and start figuring out how to get more spin......
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 10:08am
I did some drills on Saturday using the D40+, the XSF seamless, the NP40+ and the V40+. 7 balls in total. The V40+, and I used only one, stood out like a sore thumb, while my drill partner had no issues with thr other balls in the mix and neither did I. I might do more conparative testing later this week.
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 10:37am
Played yesterday with some friends in his basement. We bashed this one D40+ ball to the exposed brick foundation many many times  while playing for about 4 to 5 hours. There were gouges, scratches and the logo was half gone but the ball didnt crack. For a 56 cent ball that is a great value and the ball still stayed round. 

Also bought some DoubleFish V40+, there are pleny of eggs in a pack of 10...for my money i will buy the D40+ from now on unless something better comes out.
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Custom Stiga Oversize Reproduction 6.1mm 90grams
FH Tibhar MX-P Black
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/24/2017 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by 42andbackpains 42andbackpains wrote:

Played yesterday with some friends in his basement. We bashed this one D40+ ball to the exposed brick foundation many many times  while playing for about 4 to 5 hours. There were gouges, scratches and the logo was half gone but the ball didnt crack. For a 56 cent ball that is a great value and the ball still stayed round. 

Also bought some DoubleFish V40+, there are pleny of eggs in a pack of 10...for my money i will buy the D40+ from now on unless something better comes out.
ya, the D40+ is hard to crack, but they have soft spots after few weeks play (not complaining). One order (72 balls) will last until 44+ balls come LOL.

BTW, did anyone play the D40+ in a humidified environment?

Edited by Egghead - 04/24/2017 at 12:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
  Share Topic